Slow Day, So Whats For Supper.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Re: Slow Day, So Whats For Supper.....

OOPS. Just checked my facts. It was with Fanne Foxe, the Argentine Firecracker that Mills was caught with. Chesty Morgan was simply performing at the Pilgrim Theater. Here is the story: 

The most notorious incident involving Fanne Foxe at the Pilgrim happened at a Saturday evening performance when she enticed her admirer, Congressman Wilbur Mills, to come up onto the stage and dance with her. He was a short, late-middle-age, dorky-looking doofus in a business suit who had had too much to drink. During their performance, he somehow managed to stumble off the apron of the stage into the orchestra pit. This caused a scandal back in his home state of Arkansas. I have a vague memory that he and Ms. Foxe also waded together one night in a decorative fountain somewhere in downtown Washington. Fanne Foxe’s dressing room backstage at the Pilgrim where Bill O'Reilly interviewed her was probably located down in the basement.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

There is just no need for ostensibly intelligent individuals to behave in that manner.

The time for that philosophy was when I first told you that.  If that is what you think now, it would have been far better for you to have acted intelligently in the first place.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

There is just no need for ostensibly intelligent individuals to behave in that manner.

The time for that philosophy was when I first told you that.  If that is what you think now, it would have been far better for you to have acted intelligently in the first place.

[/QUOTE]

Still trying to judge me. Sigh.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

I Never Ment For This Thread To Go This Way, It Was For Fun. It Was A Slow Day..Go SOX...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to 56redsox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I Never Ment For This Thread To Go This Way, It Was For Fun. It Was A Slow Day..Go SOX...

[/QUOTE]

Hey-I understand. All I can say is: I didn't start this, and its not the way I would have liked it to go either. I apologize for my role in allowing this to go on this long. I should not have participated in the anger of the other poster this long. It will not happen again.

But to tie it all together and keep it on subject: Wilbur Mills had Fannie Foxe for dinner that night.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to RedSoxKimmi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I really don't want to get into the middle of all of this, but just to set the record straight, JoeyB speaks the truth. 

Given the choice of who I would want to have a baseball discussion with, JoeyB wins hands down. 

[/QUOTE]

Not surprising Kimmi. You can have a baseball discussion with whoever you choose, as can I. I have nothing against you right now; HFX convinced me that I was being unfair to you, and he was right. This is a different forum. I have let go of the hard feelings I had for some at the other forum; they contributed nothing to my life. I think it would be best if we all did that and just moved on, Brady nothwithstanding.

[/QUOTE]

Impressive.

It only took you 6 weeks for you to figure you were being a dick. Maybe there's hope for you after all.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I suspect Pumpsie's new-found maturity and respect for other posters has more to with the changes here and the prospect of better moderation, not any change in philosophy.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I really don't want to get into the middle of all of this, but just to set the record straight, JoeyB speaks the truth. 

Given the choice of who I would want to have a baseball discussion with, JoeyB wins hands down. 

[/QUOTE]

Not surprising Kimmi. You can have a baseball discussion with whoever you choose, as can I. I have nothing against you right now; HFX convinced me that I was being unfair to you, and he was right. This is a different forum. I have let go of the hard feelings I had for some at the other forum; they contributed nothing to my life. I think it would be best if we all did that and just moved on, Brady nothwithstanding.

[/QUOTE]

Impressive.

It only took you 6 weeks for you to figure you were being a dick. Maybe there's hope for you after all.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, six weeks. Whereas you have not yet figured that out. Grow up.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to wallyisdead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Impressive.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Pot calling kettle.

[/QUOTE]

Be careful. Pumpsie is rallying the troops at Sawksheads. ;-)

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Impressive.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Pot calling kettle.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

All 3 of them?

[/QUOTE]

Yup. lol

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Impressive.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Pot calling kettle.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Glad to see that you read that forum. You must be impressed by the totally civil manner in which discussions take place; you are clearly jealous. I have indeed posted some quotes from what has occurred here. If you disagree with what I have posted or if you would like to dispute them over there, feel free to make your case. You will be treated the same way over there that you treat everybody else-just like the real world.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Impressive.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Pot calling kettle.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Glad to see that you read that forum. You must be impressed by the totally civil manner in which discussions take place; you are clearly jealous. I have indeed posted some quotes from what has occurred here. If you disagree with what I have posted or if you would like to dispute them over there, feel free to make your case. You will be treated the same way over there that you treat everybody else-just like the real world.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, I'm sure it's very civil, as long as one agrees with the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse there.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Impressive.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Pot calling kettle.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes, I'm sure it's very civil, as long as one agrees with the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse there.

[/QUOTE]

Why not try it and see? Differing opinions are welcome if they are stated respectfully. The only way to know for sure is to try it out.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenapplesplatters. Show greenapplesplatters's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to seabeachfred's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Hey Wally, I was never banned from TalkSox.  I left because I felt that my pals Muggah and Pumpsie were given the short end of the stick.

Someone at TalkSox didn't like Muggah?  What were the chances of that happening?

[/QUOTE]

That's your opinion.  I find Muggah to be delightful.  He pulls no punches and lets it all hang out.  You never have to try and figure out where you stand with that guy.  A ball washer, pollyanna or rumpswab he is NOT.  Now your pal Boomer---, well forget it!!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

Muggah is brain lint.  Complaining and whining non-stop about every player on Boston is not the same as intellect.  Has he ever said anything that you didn't already know?  Anything that ever caused you to wonder?

[/QUOTE]

Joe, let's face it. It's been your immaturity and inability to admit your errors in judgement that's been your downfall on every forum you've been on. There are Muggah and Pumpsie Green and Seabeachfred fans all over the country--in fact legions of them, but I've yet to hit a forum in any city where I've see any Joebreidy fans. Your act just doesn't translate well. Have you ever maybe considered changing things up a bit, maybe growing up a bit? ----don't you ever just maybe get tired of wearing the clown nose? Geesh.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Impressive.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Pot calling kettle.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Why not try it and see? Differing opinions are welcome if they are stated respectfully. The only way to know for sure is to try it out.

[/QUOTE]

Riiight;

From Seabeachfred;

"We have about 20-25 posters there and if you want hard hitting verbiage that's the place to be.  Sometimes we really air it out but now that the pollyannas and ball washers have gone elsewhere we all seem to get along very well."

I'd love to be called a ballwasher on a daily basis.

Fred also has a counting problem.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to greenapplesplatters' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to seabeachfred's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Hey Wally, I was never banned from TalkSox.  I left because I felt that my pals Muggah and Pumpsie were given the short end of the stick.

Someone at TalkSox didn't like Muggah?  What were the chances of that happening?

[/QUOTE]

That's your opinion.  I find Muggah to be delightful.  He pulls no punches and lets it all hang out.  You never have to try and figure out where you stand with that guy.  A ball washer, pollyanna or rumpswab he is NOT.  Now your pal Boomer---, well forget it!!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

Muggah is brain lint.  Complaining and whining non-stop about every player on Boston is not the same as intellect.  Has he ever said anything that you didn't already know?  Anything that ever caused you to wonder?

[/QUOTE]

Joe, let's face it. It's been your immaturity and inability to admit your errors in judgement that's been your downfall on every forum you've been on. There are Muggah and Pumpsie Green and Seabeachfred fans all over the country--in fact legions of them, but I've yet to hit a forum in any city where I've see any Joebreidy fans. Your act just doesn't translate well. Have you ever maybe considered changing things up a bit, maybe growing up a bit? ----don't you ever just maybe get tired of wearing the clown nose? Geesh.

[/QUOTE]

Maybe you should grow up as you are muggah.

Enjoying your ban from talksox you weirdo?

[/QUOTE]

The cavalry has arrived. lol

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Maybe from here on, everyone should keep what they're having for dinner to themselves;)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Maybe from here on, everyone should keep what they're having for dinner to themselves;)

[/QUOTE]

No Kidding, Good Thing I Didn't Post One For Breakfest.......

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.