Slump will end Tuesday

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmmyslinski. Show jmmyslinski's posts

Slump will end Tuesday

It all starts with winning number 200 for Wakefield.  I think this is the key.  The team need a small victory with meaning, to turn things around.  Does anyone else agree, or are the Sox doomed?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: Slump will end Tuesday

Ill say they will win 8 out of the next 10

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

We are doomed. Season is over. The Red Sox will not make the playoffs...if they do by luck only, they will be swept away in the first round. Guys, look at this team with your rose colored glasses off and then can you really think this is a playoff worthy team?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from -the-yazzer-. Show -the-yazzer-'s posts

In Response to Slump will end Tuesday:
    [QUOTE]It all starts with winning number 200 for Wakefield.  I think this is the key.  The team need a small victory with meaning, to turn things around.  Does anyone else agree, or are the Sox doomed?
    Posted by jmmyslinski[/QUOTE]

DOOMED!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

Re: A message for my fellow Red Sox fans!

posted at 9/11/2011 4:08 PM EDT
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=f1f73bbd4ae3988dc67e60457a63c9e6&plckUserId=f1f73bbd4ae3988dc67e60457a63c9e6">
    First: 12/3/2010
    Last: 9/12/2011
    Whatever Fireballer. This teams deserves nothing but negativity, with the exception of Ells. Keep on dissing those of us who are angry as heck at how horrible this team has become, keep on being delusional and saying "we'll be fine" as the Red Sox keep on losing. Couple of questions for you; What should any of us be positive about? At what point do you finally look yourself in the mirror and say "This year's version of the Red Sox was utterly horrendous, a huge disappointment"?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In Response to Re: Slump will end Tuesday:
    [QUOTE]We are doomed. Season is over. The Red Sox will not make the playoffs...if they do by luck only, they will be swept away in the first round. Guys, look at this team with your rose colored glasses off and then can you really think this is a playoff worthy team?
    Posted by sindarin-erebor[/QUOTE]

I will keep positive until they are officially eliminated..I agree the dont deserve to be in the playoffs if they keep playing this way..No rose colored glasses here, but like I said I choose to keep positive...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Diamondtalk. Show Diamondtalk's posts

It all comes down to pitching.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

[QUOTE]It all starts with winning number 200 for Wakefield.  I think this is the key.  The team need a small victory with meaning, to turn things around.  Does anyone else agree, or are the Sox doomed?
    Posted by jmmyslinski[/QUOTE]
        Day off couldn't have come at a better time.IMO the Sox will regroup and basically  clinch WC on homestand. They will then be able to get starting pitchers in line for historic PS run.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Slump will end Tuesday :     Day off couldn't have come at a better time.IMO the Sox will regroup and basically  clinch WC on homestand. They will then be able to get starting pitchers in line for historic PS run.
    Posted by attic-dan[/QUOTE]

Just like that, huh? Wish it were as easy as you make it sound,especially with the Sox decimated pitching.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from the---yazman. Show the---yazman's posts

no it won't.
    btw, i'm not bragging, but i predicted the SOX wouldn't make it to the playoffs two weeks ago.
    goodbye theo; goodbye terry.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I for one do not care about #200 for Wake.  The Sox badly need a win, and it would not bother me at all if Wake starts, does great, but doesn't get the win and a reliever does. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

[QUOTE]We are doomed. Season is over. The Red Sox will not make the playoffs...if they do by luck only, they will be swept away in the first round. Guys, look at this team with your rose colored glasses off and then can you really think this is a playoff worthy team?
    Posted by sindarin-erebor[/QUOTE]

You are such a negative person.  I highly recommend that you go get some fresh air and a cup of coffee.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

[QUOTE]Does anyone really give a S**t if Wake wins 200?  I mean besides Orsillo of course....  I pray he gets # 200 for 2 reasons.  1.  THe Red Sox desperately need a W.  2.  I don't want to hear another word about Wakefield's 200th win. The season is hanging in the balance, I just can't bring myself to care about some arbitrary accomplishment. 
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards[/QUOTE]
    But it would be nice to get #200 and turn this around.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from losingsucks. Show losingsucks's posts

Wake will get 200 for sure this time.  I have seen the future and it is so.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosox0489. Show bosox0489's posts

sox fan since 1946. i have seen all this crap before. Can we ever just beat the

living crap out of everyone. It can be very painfull to be a sox fan. You could l

Loose your religion rootin for these guys. plus im a big notre dame fan for the

love of god when does it end.

steve      Bosox
                                                                             semper fi

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from iamme17. Show iamme17's posts

Posted by jmmyslinski[/QUOTE] if i was betting on 2 pitchers with plus 5.00 era's i'd bet the farm that morrow beats wakefield

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmmyslinski. Show jmmyslinski's posts

The point is... this is the type of accomplishment that can include a sense of achievement.  These players have respect for a guy who's been doing it for about 20 years.  It becomes personal when they fail to give him enough support to get the milestone win.  Number 200 is important to get it over with, and get the team focused on roughing up the rays this weekend.

It became a distraction that hasn't helped this team win.  I would like to see them turn things back on during the homestand, starting with winning number 200 for Wakefield.  He deserves it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

I don't see it as a distraction because he has been trying for so long with success.  I don't see the headlines shouting about #200.  He deserves the win and without a doubt has taken some horrendous knocks from the faithful fans, but still comes back for more.  Besides with the starting staff reduced to Lester and Lackey and flip a coin for the other 3 - I'll take Wake over what I have seen of the AAA pitchers.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

[QUOTE]      sox fan since 1946. i have seen all this crap before. Can we ever just beat the    living crap out of everyone. It can be very painfull to be a sox fan. You could l    Loose your religion rootin for these guys. plus im a big notre dame fan for the     love of god when does it end.                                                  steve      Bosox                                                                          semper fi
    Posted by bosox0489[/QUOTE]
    this is why religion is useless.

more importantly you have players on this team that have won 2 World Series.
    this is not 1946.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

I've always thought that Wake should get the 200th at Fenway. Would be nice if that happened.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortuee. Show Ortuee's posts

Wakefield may get his 200th loss first...178 and counting.....poster boy for this Red Sox season has to be JB Drew....JB (Just Barely) was able to invent enough injuries to be on DL nearly the whole season....huh, a season ending hangnail......why play if you've already got paid ?........

maybe it would be better at this point to just cede the wildcard to TB...and risk any of our high payed players getting possible career ending injuries.....I heard winners share this year for WS is 300K....what the #$%@#......

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Seattle lost like 17 in a row right? It ended. All slumps/slides end team wise.

Wake should win his 200th tonight, after all the arguing and in-fighting on the forum it would make sense that today would be the day.

I hope he goes 7 (though Tito would not let Cy Young go 7) and gives up 3 or less... the Sox score 5 times in the 5th and the game ends in a 5-3 Sox victory.

7IP 3ER 4Walks 7K's W ... that's my prediction.

Imagine all the relief for the team A) stopping the losing streak and B) Tim getting that #200 after so much trouble.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from athens7676. Show athens7676's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Slump will end Tuesday : I will keep positive until they are officially eliminated..I agree the dont deserve to be in the playoffs if they keep playing this way..No rose colored glasses here, but like I said I choose to keep positive...
    Posted by southpaw777[/QUOTE]

If they are not "deserving" of the playoffs... who is? The team trailing them by 3 games in the standings? What has the team with a worse record done to make them more deserving to get into post season? The great thing about baseball is that the most deserving teams make the playoffs... by virtue of having won more games than the teams that don't. If the Sox finish with more wins than the Rays...the "deserve" to make the playoffs, if not than they do not deserve it. Right now, they deserve to be EXACTLY where they are, which is 3 games ahead of TB for the WC.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]I've always thought that Wake should get the 200th at Fenway. Would be nice if that happened.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

Not only would be nice to see Wakefield get his 200th win, but the Red Sox need to start winning games.  If they continue on their recent slump, they won't make it into the playoffs.  It has been very disappointing to watch this team recently. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackyldo. Show jackyldo's posts

Amen brother 
    Tonight  we go to war....

Sections
Shortcuts