Slump will end Tuesday

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

Re: Slump will end Tuesday

Slump will end Tuesday

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

If Crawford starts earning his money, then there is a chance the slump will end.  Ortiz needs to hit as well.  He once again did poorly against tampa bay.

The pitching is terrible.  Lackey is a broken man and josh does not have a history of pitching when hurt.

The sox should probably bring in pesky pole a little closer.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

In Response to Re: Slump will end Tuesday:
    In Response to Re: Slump will end Tuesday : Just like that, huh? Wish it were as easy as you make it sound,especially with the Sox decimated pitching.
    Posted by soxdawg08

I don't think these wins will come easy,.the Sox will have to grind out the games, but since '04 they have shown a resilency that was lacking in earlier years.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from thesoftlaw. Show thesoftlaw's posts

It all starts with winning number 200 for Wakefield. I think this is the key.

Fat man hasnt won since June 23. He is the problem, not the solution, and a law of averages 200 win tonight doesnt change what has been a fiasco.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmini. Show mrmini's posts

iTS NOT ONLY THE PITCHING,,, YOU CANNOT WIN MANY GAMES WITH
    ONE RUN. iT SEEMS ALL THE GUYS ARE CHOKING. AGON IS GOING TO
    EVEN LOSE THE BATTING CROWN. NUMB NUTS DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO
    GENERATE A RUN. NEVER COULD. MOST OF US KNOW THAT. HE DOES NOT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT PITCHING, HITTING, FEILDING.DID WE EVER SEE HIM
    DIRECTING FEILDERS TO CHANGE THEIR FEILDING POSITIONS???? NEVER.
    THE ONLY TIME HE GOES TO THE MOUND IS TO TAKE OUT THE PITCHER

HE HAS TO GO!!!!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Seattle lost like 17 in a row right? It ended. All slumps/slides end team wise. Wake should win his 200th tonight, after all the arguing and in-fighting on the forum it would make sense that today would be the day. I hope he goes 7 (though Tito would not let Cy Young go 7) and gives up 3 or less... the Sox score 5 times in the 5th and the game ends in a 5-3 Sox victory. 7IP 3ER 4Walks 7K's W ... that's my prediction. Imagine all the relief for the team A) stopping the losing streak and B) Tim getting that #200 after so much trouble.
    Posted by BurritoT

Seattle wasn't pitching Wakefield, Lackey, Miller and Weiland.  Thats a four game losing streak right there.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Slump will end Tuesday : if i was betting on 2 pitchers with plus 5.00 era's i'd bet the farm that morrow beats wakefield
    Posted by iamme17

Always wanted a farm...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

If Crawford starts earning his money, then there is a chance the slump will end.  Ortiz needs to hit as well.  He once again did poorly against tampa bay. The pitching is terrible.  Lackey is a broken man and josh does not have a history of pitching when hurt. The sox should probably bring in pesky pole a little closer.
    Posted by jackbu

Only a broken mind would make such a statement.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In Response to Re: Slump will end Tuesday : If they are not "deserving" of the playoffs... who is? The team trailing them by 3 games in the standings? What has the team with a worse record done to make them more deserving to get into post season? The great thing about baseball is that the most deserving teams make the playoffs... by virtue of having won more games than the teams that don't. If the Sox finish with more wins than the Rays...the "deserve" to make the playoffs, if not than they do not deserve it. Right now, they deserve to be EXACTLY where they are, which is 3 games ahead of TB for the WC.
    Posted by athens7676

You missed the point...But thats Ok. thats 1 win, and only 7 more til my prediction of 8 wins out of 10 on this homestand becomes reality..

Sections
Shortcuts