Smiley-Beni Day 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Smiley-Beni Day 2011

In spite of gloating rights for Red Sox fans being officially suspended following this September's colossal crash, and andrewbitch anointing himself as some sort of baseball sage because his ongoing prophesy of doom has finally been fulfilled, I can't help summon the spirit of the legendary bdc Yankee taunter Smiley-Beni-2817 and the schadenfreude felt by Red Sox fans everywhere at the conclusion of another ringless Yankee season, especially when A-Rod whiffs for the final out and resumes his role as franchise goat. 

Yes, I realize this is a pathetic grasp to salvage some kernel of joy in the midst of our Autumn of Discontent, but that's what the shirtless Wonderboy was all about - claiming some sort of pathetic victory in defeat.  As Sheriff, in carrying on a bdc board tradition in the name of shamelessness and spite, I officially declare this to be Smiley-Beni Day 2011. 

Please join me, Red Sox fans, in this subdued celebration, and here's winking at you, Mr. Smiley-Beni, if you're out there watching.
    Wink

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

Re: Smiley-Beni Day 2011

SB Day!! That day following the Yankees exit from the post season...A parade from the Tobin Bridge to Yawkey way. Fans wear "A-Wad" masks, Yankees &*CK
    tee-shirts.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from YankeeBill. Show YankeeBill's posts

In Response to Re: Smiley-Beni Day 2011:
     SB Day!! That day following the Yankees exit from the post season...A parade from the Tobin Bridge to Yawkey way. Fans wear "A-Wad" masks, Yankees &*CK tee-shirts.
    Posted by YOUKILLUS20

i miss him. Oh the good old days whan this board was fun.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In Response to Smiley-Beni Day 2011:
    In spite of gloating rights for Red Sox fans being officially suspended following this September's colossal crash, and andrewbitch anointing himself as some sort of baseball sage because his ongoing prophesy of doom has finally been fulfilled, I can't help summon the spirit of the legendary bdc Yankee taunter Smiley-Beni-2817 and the schadenfreude felt by Red Sox fans everywhere at the conclusion of another ringless Yankee season, especially when A-Rod whiffs for the final out and resumes his role as franchise goat.  Yes, I realize this is a pathetic grasp to salvage some kernel of joy in the midst of our Autumn of Discontent, but that's what the shirtless Wonderboy was all about - claiming some sort of pathetic victory in defeat.  As Sheriff, in carrying on a bdc board tradition in the name of shamelessness and spite, I officially declare this to be Smiley-Beni Day 2011.  Please join me, Red Sox fans, in this subdued celebration, and here's winking at you, Mr. Smiley-Beni, if you're out there watching.
    Posted by Sheriff-Rojas
    lol..no worries Sheriff..grasp on...the in season hit and runners(ykfan, greatest nyy) gave you guys plenty of ammunition..Kim has been oddly silent though..hope she's ok...season wasn't meant to be for both our squads..and i'm sure my man Beni and his Gitmo posse are rejoicing somewhere....maybe he's preparing a Yankee manifesto for his re-entry :-)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

http://youtu.be/9FRbs3GsbPI

We'll have to add last night to the montage. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In Response to Smiley-Beni Day 2011 : lol..no worries Sheriff..grasp on...the in season hit and runners(ykfan, greatest nyy) gave you guys plenty of ammunition..Kim has been oddly silent though..hope she's ok...season wasn't meant to be for both our squads..and i'm sure my man Beni and his Gitmo posse are rejoicing somewhere....maybe he's preparing a Yankee manifesto for his re-entry...:-)
    Posted by jete02fan

Well, I certainly hope he returns.  I'm out of shape board-wise and need my punching bag back. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Well Zac, if that doesn't bring Smiley back, I'm afraid his retirement is permanent.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Well Zac, if that doesn't bring Smiley back, I'm afraid his retirement is permanent.
    Posted by harness

It may not bring Smiley back, but it may unfortunately wake up the Kimster and  Pike with his Sybillian Wet Blanket Entourage. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Where is smiley anyway? I kind of miss him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

Posted by harness

One can only hope.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

and the schadenfreude felt by Red Sox fans everywhere at the conclusion of another ringless Yankee season, especially when A-Rod whiffs for the final out and resumes his role as franchise goat. Yes, I realize this is a pathetic grasp to salvage some kernel of joy in the midst of our Autumn of Discontent, but that's what the shirtless Wonderboy was all about - claiming some sort of pathetic victory in defeat.  nothing wrong with that my friend I live for  schadenfreude As Sheriff, in carrying on a bdc board tradition in the name of shamelessness and spite, I officially declare this to be Smiley-Beni Day 2011.   ok you mighta gone a tad 2 far there  and here's winking at you, Mr. Smiley-Beni, if you're out there watching.  
    Posted by pinstripezac

Hey Zac,

Your old 2005 account still exists, or did the yankee fans who control the board bring it back for you?

Just trying to get in step with the paranoid folks. Laughing

No yanks, No sox, No phillies. Not quite the way it was supposed to go. Good for baseball though.

The board's not the same without Smiley and his unique spin on the sox and your team of overpaid, aged, steroid users.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

pretty sure smiley had a strong dislike for losmediasdumbazz.  Shame los has ZERO left to offer the forum.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

pretty sure smiley had a strong dislike for losmedias dumbazz.  Shame los has ZERO left to offer the forum.
    Posted by BurritoT

True, LMR and MN made a living harrassing smiley.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In Response to Re: Smiley-Beni Day 2011 : True, LMR and MN made a living harrassing smiley.
    Posted by bald-predictions

I only wish.  Nice work if you can get it. 

Sections
Shortcuts