Smiley-Beni Day 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Smiley-Beni Day 2012

In honor of a famed and official bcd Yankee fan taunter, as Mock Sheriff, I hereby declare Smiley-Beni Day to commemorate another premature end to a Yankee’s season.   In addition, we honor the MIA pinstripe-baiter by retiring number 2817, and respectfully request that all Red Sox fans display that number in their forum signature.

Prepare the bunting!

And the marching band.

Appropriately, a player by the name of Drew Smiley played a key role in bringing about this year’s event.  Perhaps a relative?

I now hand the floor over to kimsaysthis, who will speak on this auspicious occasion on Smiley’s behalf and predictably disparage and bait the Mock Sheriff whom she claims to have slaughtered.  This will be followed by the Pike incarnations who will deliver his/their redundant stump speech/es regarding true fans and trolls.

Please take it away, kimster, and Viva el Smiley!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Re: Smiley-Beni Day 2012

In response to Sheriff-Rojas's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In honor of a famed and official bcd Yankee fan taunter, as Mock Sheriff, I hereby declare Smiley-Beni Day to commemorate another premature end to a Yankee’s season.   In addition, we honor the MIA pinstripe-baiter by retiring number 2817, and respectfully request that all Red Sox fans display that number in their forum signature.

Prepare the bunting!

And the marching band.

Appropriately, a player by the name of Drew Smiley played a key role in bringing about this year’s event.  Perhaps a relative?

I now hand the floor over to kimsaysthis, who will speak on this auspicious occasion on Smiley’s behalf and predictably disparage and bait the Mock Sheriff whom she claims to have slaughtered.  This will be followed by the Pike incarnations who will deliver his/their redundant stump speech/es regarding true fans and trolls.

[/QUOTE]

HOW SWEET IT IS!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

LOL, Sheriff, in memorandum 

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

LOL, where've you been the last few months? Regardless, that was a pathetic performance. It wasn't hard to tell who the losers were; however, that seems to transcend past the ball field.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

Good to see you around sheriff.

I unchained him from my radiator for the occasion.

The guest of honor approaches the podium accompanied by grandfather pike, acting as bodyguard, in case of a troll attack:

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to Yonkersman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Why use the Reply to feature after you see how it pollutes your monitor? If posters have read the thread then why make them read it over again?

[/QUOTE]

Like clockwork.  If it looks like a Pike, smells like a Pike, it must be...

Siamese pike.

Same old condescending rhetorical questions.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to greatestNYY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Sheriff-Rojas' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Prepare the bunting!

And the marching band.

[/QUOTE]

Smiley is depressed his socks were in last place with a 69 -93 record 26 game out of first place.. have pity on him.

[/QUOTE]

If it's not GreatestNYY.  The one poster that can make Smiley look like an intellectual powerhouse by comparison.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:
    [QUOTE]

LOL, where've you been the last few months? Regardless, that was a pathetic performance. It wasn't hard to tell who the losers were; however, that seems to transcend past the ball field.

[/QUOTE]

Well, Granite State Steven, when you don't watch the games, you really don't feel like you have much to contribute.  I didn't buy the mlb.com package this season.  I made a good financial decision.  It just wasn't worth it to watch a few Pedro Ciriaco heroic moments.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to MikeNagy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Good to see you around sheriff.

I unchained him from my radiator for the occasion.

The guest of honor approaches the podium accompanied by grandfather pike, acting as bodyguard, in case of a troll attack:

[/QUOTE]

You performed a great service to bcd, Mr. Nagy.  It's good to see that some vestige of the old bcd Peanut Gallery is still intact.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well, Granite State Steven, when you don't watch the games, you really don't feel like you have much to contribute.  I didn't buy the mlb.com package this season.  I made a good financial decision.  It just wasn't worth it to watch a few Pedro Ciriaco heroic moments.

[/QUOTE]

Why were you posting in Aug then? Nice excuse.  You mean it had nothing to do with the gulf in the NYY & Bos seasons, which was amongst the largest seen since the 1930s?  I figured you'd show up as soon as the NYY lost; it's predictable cowardice.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Why were you posting in Aug then? Nice excuse.  You mean it had nothing to do with the gulf in the NYY & Bos seasons, which was amongst the largest seen since the 1930s?  I figured you'd show up as soon as the NYY lost; it's predictable cowardice.

[/QUOTE]

OK, I'm a coward.  So what?  Did I shirk my responsibility to show up to the chatboard to take my lumps?  What am I going to discuss anyway - Red Sox surrealistic thread for 2014?

By the way, you forgot cheapskate too.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Funny stuff.  I think I actually miss kimsaysthis.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Say, Halifax, do you recognize the building in my avatar?  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't, but it's impressive. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't, but it's impressive. 

[/QUOTE]

I figured you might be familiar with it.  It's part of the Halifax skyline.  I was there two years ago.  I saw the letters "BDC" across the top of the building while standing atop Citadel Hill.  Since I was active on the chatboard at that time, I just had to take a picture.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

Sheriff! Your duly authorized deputy reporting for duty!

How did you work around the new system in order to post those pics?  Dottie thought she had us beat...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to summerof67's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sheriff! Your duly authorized deputy reporting for duty!

How did you work around the new system in order to post those pics?  Dottie thought she had us beat...

[/QUOTE]

Nothing to it, Summer.  Just copy and paste.  Copy and paste.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Welcome back Sheriff - just so you know, the summer was filled with great adventure and beautiful stories - none of which were related to baseball.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

FTR - if this software is truly preventing some from having multiple profiles from the same IP, then I guess that would be proof that Kim was someone else for some here.

Of course, Kim may also have had a very bad summer on a personal note and if that is the case - I hope everything turns out well.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

In response to jesseyeric's comment:
    [QUOTE]

FTR - if this software is truly preventing some from having multiple profiles from the same IP, then I guess that would be proof that Kim was someone else for some here.

Of course, Kim may also have had a very bad summer on a personal note and if that is the case - I hope everything turns out well.

[/QUOTE]

Morning Jessey, I think she just bowed out, when even she couldn't put a positive spin on a disastrous sox season. Her profile and posts are still here. I actually kind of miss her. She always had an interesting take on things, delusional, but interesting.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

don't worry about Beni, he and the inmates rented out the Gitmo mess hall for their end of season Yankee bashing party,, he sent me an invite, but i had to politely decline ;)