Smiley-Beni Day 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Smiley-Beni Day 2013

For those unfamilar with Smiley-Beni Day, it's the day when the Yankees are officially eliminated from contending for another World Series Championship.  It is named for poster Smiley-Beni, currently retired from taunting, who built a reputation on this chatboard as a notorious Yankee needler. 

It is particularly satisfying this year to host Smiley-Beni Day on bdc because of the success of the Red Sox this season, especially against the Evil Empire, whose foundation seems to be crumbling at its base.  Let's all celebrate this momentous event again with great fanfare and shadenfreude. Happy Smiley-Beni Day, bdc and Red Sox Nation!

Please, let's all celebrate responsibly.  This means no punting beer cans, except if they're aimed for Red Sox Fireman (aka Softlaw) and andrewmitch.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

Re: Smiley-Beni Day 2013

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

LOL. Best one yet.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from youkillus. Show youkillus's posts

In response to Hingham Hammer's comment:

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

[QUOTE]

SmileyBeni picture after he wet his pants, best one ever.

LOL. Best one yet.

[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Smiley-Beni Day! I love it!

I love the smell of asphalt in the morning.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

an oldie but still funny...Smile

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

btw....nice job Law Man..Beni and the inmates at Gitmo would be proud Wink 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from crix. Show crix's posts

From 2008:

They'll be no playoffs for you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fcmeqwbGAc

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

I'm still laughing  about "tragic number".

Love that one...

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Yes, you said that already.

Doesn't sound any brighter, the second time around.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to RedSoxFireman's comment:

Anything less than a WS title or close loss in the WS is unacceptable for the massive NY payrolled labor force. That said, having missed the playoffs for just the 2nd time in 15 years, they look like the best organization in baseball over those 15 years, if compared to the Red Sox.

a possible 3rd WS appearance since 04' isn't too shabby...would be pretty much the same as the Yanks 2001/03/09

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to youkillus' comment:

SmileyBeni picture after he wet his pants, best one ever.

thanks that was one of my favs too

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to Sheriff-Rojas' comment:

For those unfamilar with Smiley-Beni Day, it's the day when the Yankees are officially eliminated from contending for another World Series Championship.  It is named for poster Smiley-Beni, currently retired from taunting, who built a reputation on this chatboard as a notorious Yankee needler. 

It is particularly satisfying this year to host Smiley-Beni Day on bdc because of the success of the Red Sox this season, especially against the Evil Empire, whose foundation seems to be crumbling at its base.  Let's all celebrate this momentous event again with great fanfare and shadenfreude. Happy Smiley-Beni Day, bdc and Red Sox Nation!

Please, let's all celebrate responsibly.  This means no punting beer cans, except if they're aimed for Red Sox Fireman (aka Softlaw) and andrewmitch.  

hey Badge Slinger...you gotta track him down....this thing won't be complete without one of his Yankee manifestos...Smile

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

It's the most wonderful time of the year
    With the Yanks belly-upping
    And everyone yelling that "This is our year"
    In a hap-happiest season for all
    With these new playoff meetings and world series leanings
    With fans come this fall

Happy Smiley-Beni Day everyone! You too Beni wherever you are!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:

hey Badge Slinger...you gotta track him down....this thing won't be complete without one of his Yankee manifestos...Smile

Hey Jete! It's a shame he's missing what probably would have been his favorite year. Tongue Out

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:

Sorry Jete.  Smiley operates outside of my jurisdiction. 

Thing about Smiley,  he seemed most prolific as a Yankee taunter when there was less for Red Sox fans to crow about.  Maybe there's no challenge in taunting at this point.  Either that, or he's taking pity on you guys.  He doesn't want to hit a man when he's already down.  

As for myself, I say this is the time to go for the jugular.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

I think it's ridiculous to think of mocking the Yankees on a Red Sox board as mocking Yankee fans. We're not on a Yankee board. THAT would be mocking Yankee fans. I don't know why posters don't understand that. It DEFINITELY should be obvious. I don't know why Sheriff keeps alluding to mocking Yankee FANS. Is it in his contract to only post about the Yankees as long as he keeps constantly saying we're taunting Yankee fans? Who knows?

If you're on a Sox board, then, of course, you should be free to mock the Yankees. I'm sure if you're on a Yankee board they mock the Sox. You have to be mature enough to know that. (Last I checked, none of the fans here play on the Yankees.)

If not, than this is really just a dual board without the freedom of enjoying the rivalry with it's biggest competition...and that would be ridiculous. It's only baseball. It's not like any of us are in Afghanistan fighting the Taliban. Some of you on this board really need to understand that. BIG DIFFERENCE.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Posters that don't want freedom of speech about the Yankees because they don't believe Yankee fans are mature enough to understand it, are the real problem. That changes the whole board for Sox fans and THEIR freedom of speech here. Again, IT"S JUST BASEBALL, and it's on our own team board.

Sections
Shortcuts