SMILEY- BENI MUST RETURN

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Re: SMILEY- BENI MUST RETURN

"BDC listened to the majority and acted accordingly."

True, but: 

that's a BDC problem, not a forum problem. Beni belonged on this forum and should not have been booted, but that was not the decision of Yankee fans, it was BDC's decision. Repeat after me: it was BDC's decision. They have the right to make it, I disagreed with it. 

It was also Beni's decision not to come up with a new screen name and return. If only he had taken a page out of your book and come back again, and again, and again. 

Beni was fun and he made the forum a better place. However his threads were the kinds of provocative and trollish threads you usually condemn so you may want to get your story straight. I liked him even though I took issue with some of his ludicrous arguments sometimes. 

Beni if you're reading come back man!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In response to prknsdnld's comment:

....the real one, that is. The original one. Not the reasonable facsimile spin-offs that popped up after he imploded with his Red Sox last year. Pitchers and catchers are 6 weeks away and he's the only poster who can talk about the Yankees without Kim freaking out. That's reason enough. But maybe with a less creepy avatar.....

I think you just miss his avatar!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Helloitsmeagain. Show Helloitsmeagain's posts

As a Yankee fan, I can say I never wanted silly betty to be banned.

He was a very amusing part of this board with his inane trolling posts.

I'd trade pikesaysthis for silly betty any day.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

it might be awhile, he's currently on the European leg of his SoxgoodYankeesbadmanifesto World Tour :-)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

Beni was fun and he made the forum a better place. ...I liked him even though I took issue with some of his ludicrous arguments sometimes. 

Agreed. Hopefully he'll return one day.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

The thing that amuses me is that most posters do not understand that smileybeni was an instigator. He baited the hook with Yankee thread after Yankee thread ( all derogatory).

Yes, this is a Red Sox forum. However all posters are welcome as long as they engage in postive, insightful (possibly intelligent...but , that doesn't seem to be a prerequisite) conversation. So many of our Yankee friends ( and yes they act as friends , supporting the rival team , but not with malice or disrespect) are more repectful of our Red Sox than Beni was of the Yankees. Would you sit idle and take that nonsense?....of course not. Yankee fans couldn't ignore the obsessive behaviour of this poster, who although often amusing, was clearly trying to initiate conflict with Yankee fans.

This is why I don't believe he belongs here. If he could tone it down or comment on something else, besides the latest Yankee soap opera or losing streak, I would accept that.

But this is a poster that was blatant and "over the top" obvious in that he was playing games with Yankee fans attempting to bait them into arguments or retaliation.

To the credit of the few good Yankee posters here, they always responded with class and without lowering themselves to the poor standards that many of our fellow Red Sox posters often use.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

The thing that amuses me is that most posters do not understand that smileybeni was an instigator. He baited the hook with Yankee thread after Yankee thread ( all derogatory).

Yes, this is a Red Sox forum. However all posters are welcome as long as they engage in postive, insightful (possibly intelligent...but , that doesn't seem to be a prerequisite) conversation. So many of our Yankee friends ( and yes they act as friends , supporting the rival team , but not with malice or disrespect) are more repectful of our Red Sox than Beni was of the Yankees. Would you sit idle and take that nonsense?....of course not. Yankee fans couldn't ignore the obsessive behaviour of this poster, who although often amusing, was clearly trying to initiate conflict with Yankee fans.

This is why I don't believe he belongs here. If he could tone it down or comment on something else, besides the latest Yankee soap opera or losing streak, I would accept that.

But this is a poster that was blatant and "over the top" obvious in that he was playing games with Yankee fans attempting to bait them into arguments or retaliation.

To the credit of the few good Yankee posters here, they always responded with class and without lowering themselves to the poor standards that many of our fellow Red Sox posters often use.

Contrary to what you and your friends believe, this is not a dual forum. You shouldn't be able to bait Yankee fans on a Sox site. Yankee fans can't bait me on a Yankee site. You should be able to have a little fun talking about your rivals without worrying what Yankee fans think here. It's not like it's being posted on a Yankee forum. And as for the Yankees fans being more respectful of the Sox than Beni was of the Yankees, again, this is a Sox board. Yankee fans talking about the Sox here, are posting it on a Sox board. I don't know what you don't get about that.

How old are you? I can't believe how immature you have to be to even create a ridiculous post like this. Beni threads were hilarious and meant to be. He was a lot funnier than any of your posts have ever been. And the fact that you believe the Yankee fans responded with class just shows that you don't know anything about those threads. Sox fans should not have to post using Yankee fan guidelines on their own board. If Yankee fans don't like the posts here, I'm sure there are Yankee forums all over the Internet for them to enjoy, and I doubt that they are allowing Sox fans to decide what's acceptable.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to pinstripezac's comment:

the last 15 months must be tough for the little guy

The Yankee contingent that complained to BDC had no sense of humor and acted like this was their forum instead of being guests here. This group comprised of sensitive Yankee fans

once again pike is way off

other than jessey complaining about the no shirt thing

I don't recall nyyfans wanting him booted

it was embarrassed sox fans that wanted him gone most

so I gave him a shirt and everyone seemed happy

even beni used the pic

sensitive Yankee fans ? LMAO

if they were sensitive why would they hang out here

like zilla said we never lowered ourselve to his level

ok maybe this one pic went a tad to far

A classic Zac.  But still not as good as the head coming out of the donkey's behind.

By the way, Happy Hairston New Year to you too.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

Actually, I didn't mind that Smiley was an instigator.  That was part of his charm.  He just was a very weak  Yankee taunter.  He would play the steroid or money/salary card after some Yankee success and it just looked like pitiful sour grapes.  The guy (kid?) just didn't know when to pick his spots, although these spots have been few and far between the last few seasons.

Anyway, I facetiously fancied myself as kind of a mentor to him, kind of like Clint Eastwood was to the Hmong kid in Gran Torino.  He needed to go for the jugular with pics like these:

especially when the team hit their lowest point.  

Maybe, to his credit, he just wasn't mean and cruel enough to handle the job.  But whether he returns or not, his name will live on.  As long as this board continues to exist, I will  honor him by celebrating the day in which the Yankee season ends without a World Series victory as "Smiley-Beni Day."  

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from -Guru-Meditation-. Show -Guru-Meditation-'s posts

Sections
Shortcuts