Smiling Joe for MVP?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Re: Smiling Joe for MVP?

jeter averages a full PA more per game than Gardener

thank you Joe!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

greetings fivekatz

Zac, that is 150-162 PAs in a healthy season. it does matter.
    Posted by fivekatz

sure it does, but it's not like he's going to go 0 for 150

and like slomag said

depending where he bats it matters even less 

I just don't think the gain is worth the loss of his psyche

IMO this offense is strong enough to make up for his extra AB's

OMG did I just quote slomag

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

In Response to Re: Smiling Joe for MVP?:
    [QUOTE]jeter averages a full PA more per game than Gardener thank you Joe!
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

jeter is batting 375 avg 444 OBP to start off a gm

gardner is hitting 190 to start off a gm

thanks joe

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Smiling Joe for MVP? : jeter is batting 375 avg 444 OBP to start off a gm gardner is hitting 190 to start off a gm thanks joe
    Posted by pinstripezac32[/QUOTE]
    How about his stats by the end of the game when his legs have been worned down by being old at the shortstop position? How's his stats then? You cannot cherry pick around the fact he shouldn't be getting that extra AB. Better batters should get more ABs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Smiling Joe for MVP? : How about his stats by the end of the game when his legs have been worned down by being old at the shortstop position? How's his stats then? You cannot cherry pick around the fact he shouldn't be getting that extra AB. Better batters should get more ABs.
    Posted by NUSoxFan[/QUOTE]

no doubt those late AB's are the problem

but as long as they are going to play him

I don't see telling him he can't do something as being a good thing

for his confidence, I just don't think  the  amout of xtra hits are worth it

how many hits are we talking ?

80 game 80 AB's    30 hits maybe ?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

[QUOTE]greetings fivekatz  Zac, that is 150-162 PAs in a healthy season. it does matter. Posted by fivekatz sure it does, but it's not like he's going to go 0 for 150 and like slomag said depending where he bats it matters even less  I just don't think the gain is worth the loss of his psyche IMO this offense is strong enough to make up for his extra AB's OMG did I just quote slomag

Sooner or later, Zac, everybody quotes slomag :)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Smiling Joe for MVP? :    That is just another indication of how mentally challenged Yankee fans are. They root for the Yankees because they're front running bas....s who come out of  the woodwork like roaches when winning, but slink into the background when losing, the AMA is going to declare that being a  Yankee fan is a mental illness.
    Posted by attic-dan[/QUOTE]

nice call attic dam

you sure seem to have me figured out after being here for 1 month

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Smiling Joe for MVP? : nice call attic dam you sure seem to have me figured out after being here for 1 month

I've been fighting deranged Yankee fans my whole life. I still ask the question why does Jeter always get a pass, when Yankees of far greater stature didn't. The team did come first in regards to Mantle, Berra, DiMaggio, Gehrig, why is the golden boy such a sacred cow.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

OMG

we won a game with jeter leading off

we win despite of jeter

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Smiling Joe for MVP? : well, there you have it ladies and gentleman of the jury - case closed!!!!!!!
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

Andrew - you know that I was talking about perception and how players who are even mentioned in the conversation of roids will not receive the accolades they may actually be due.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

[QUOTE]OMG we won a game with jeter leading off we win despite of jeter

I believe the Yanks just went 14-4 when he wasn't leading off, he didn't even play as a matter of fact. I want some Yankee fan to please answer my question why does he deserve to be treated better than past Yankee greats, what makes him so special.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Smiling Joe for MVP? : no doubt those late AB's are the problem but as long as they are going to play him I don't see telling him he can't do something as being a good thing for his confidence, I just don't think  the  amout of xtra hits are worth it how many hits are we talking ? 80 game 80 AB's    30 hits maybe ?
    Jeter has always been potrayed as a team-first player, do you really believe that dropping him in the order would really hurt his confidence this much, 100% contradictory to how Jeter has always been portayed by the media?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Smiling Joe for MVP? : Jeter has always been potrayed as a team-first player, do you really believe that dropping him in the order would really hurt his confidence this much, 100% contradictory to how Jeter has always been portayed by the media?

how can you even connect those 2 things

loosing confidence is not something he can control

what does that have to do with being a team player  or not

save the not a team player stuff for when he pulls a posada

not saying I will agree, but at least you will have some merit then

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

Lowering in the order to give a better player more ABs is purely ego, not confidence. I don't see the connection you're making. Saying to Jeter "We want Gardner getting more ABs" isn't saying "We want you to get less" unless he views it as a demotion, instead of another player's promotion.

The best lineup doesn't have Jeter in leadoff, if Jete was a team player, he'd understand this. I think he could understand this, but Joe isn't willing to rock the boat. The Yanks are winning right now, so who cares for them, but if the offense struggles, dropping Jeter and raising Gardner would be a smart move.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

Pregame notes: Girardi considering lineup changes

Although it hasn’t happened yet, Joe Girardi said this afternoon that it’s entirely possible he’ll shuffle the Yankees lineup against right-handers so that Brett Gardner moves back into the leadoff spot.

“I might,” he said. “He’s going so well, it’s something I’ll definitely consider. Just wait and see what happens.”

Girardi said that since Alex Rodriguez went down with the knee injury, he’s spent some time thinking about new ways to configure the lineup. He’s thought about moving Gardner back to the top, and he’s considered moving Curtis Granderson into a run-producing spot in the middle of the order.

Before he makes a change, though, Girardi said he would discuss it with everyone involved. There will be no lineup surprises in the clubhouse.

“I think guys like knowing where they’re going to be,” Girardi said. “I think you can get caught up sometimes trying to catch lightning in the bottle. You move a guy up because he’s hot, then you disrupt your whole lineup just because a guy’s hot. I think you can get caught up in that too. There’s something to be said about the consistency of your lineup, and a lot of times it’s how it all works together.”

Would Girardi be afraid to have that conversation with Jeter?

“No,” he said. “I have to do what I feel is best for the team. When you look at a lineup, you look at how it works together, not independent of one guy. No, I’m not afraid to have that conversation.”

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

[QUOTE]Lowering in the order to give a better player more ABs is purely ego, not confidence. I don't see the connection you're making. Saying to Jeter "We want Gardner getting more ABs" isn't saying "We want you to get less" unless he views it as a demotion, instead of another player's promotion. The best lineup doesn't have Jeter in leadoff, if Jete was a team player, he'd understand this. I think he could understand this, but Joe isn't willing to rock the boat. The Yanks are winning right now, so who cares for them, but if the offense struggles, dropping Jeter and raising Gardner would be a smart move.

"We want Gardner getting more ABs" isn't saying "We want you to get less" unless he views it as a demotion

it is a demotion

even so

all that makes sense NUSoxFan

but you are not taking into account

that in his head he is still thinks the best  option

and I already posted that I don't think we are talking about

enough hits to mess with his mojo

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

.260 mojo? I don't see it. Right now if Jeter suddenly loses everything the team is in trouble, if Jeter falls off the face of the earth when Arod returns, it's an excuse to play Nunez over him anyway, a better ranged young player who's probably already eclipsed Jeter. Jeter earned his bones and is the face of the franchise, which is why he's in the position that the FO and management fears insulting him, mainly because of fan backlash. But there is no doubt that Jeter batting leadoff and playing over Nunez isn't the best option for this team, denying that would just be defending Jeter. That is my argument.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Smiling Joe for MVP? : "We want Gardner getting more ABs" isn't saying "We want you to get less" unless he views it as a demotion it is a demotion even so all that makes sense NUSoxFan but you are not taking into account that in his head he is still thinks the best  option and I already posted that I don't think we are talking about enough hits to mess with his mojo
       I noticed you still haven't answered my question, is it possible that there is no way you can answer it without showing Jeter in a negative light. You would give up your first born rather than admit that Jeter actually at times puts himself ahead of the team.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics1986. Show Celtics1986's posts

Home Run Derby Disaster: A-Gon 2-for-24, Ortiz 1-for-13 Since Swings Messed Up

Hope this is just a hicup

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Smiling Joe for MVP? :    I noticed you still haven't answered my question, is it possible that there is no way you can answer it without showing Jeter in a negative light. You would give up your first born rather than admit that Jeter actually at times puts himself ahead of the team.

more like after you called me '' mentally challenged ''

I figured i wouldn't be answering anything you wanted me to

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

I figured i wouldn't be answering anything you wanted me to

I guess that is a step-up from some drivel about GG, AS selections, or RBIs.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

The Yankees will end up having Jeter leading off against lefties and Gardner leading off against righties.  Jeter's splits are huge this year with a 900 OPS against LH and 600 against RH.  They've signaled they're going to do this a few times now, shouldn't take much longer for it to happen.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Smiling Joe for MVP? : Andrew - you know that I was talking about perception and how players who are even mentioned in the conversation of roids will not receive the accolades they may actually be due.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

Many apologies.  I thought we were in these united states of America where a man is not guilty until proven to be guilty.

Be careful, because one can easily say jeter cheated based on his company of ADMITTED cheaters.....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Smiling Joe for MVP? : more like after you called me '' mentally challenged '' I figured i wouldn't be answering anything you wanted me to

Well a sensitive Yankee fan, please accept my apology.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Smiling Joe for MVP? :    Well a sensitive Yankee fan, please accept my apology.

not sensitive, as in I can't handle it

it's just that I try to treat posters the way they treat me

I want some Yankee fan to please answer my question why does he deserve to be treated better than past Yankee greats, what makes him so special.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I noticed you still haven't answered my question, is it possible that there is no way you can answer it without showing Jeter in a negative light. You would give up your first born rather than admit that Jeter actually at times puts himself ahead of the team.

who says he gets treated better than former greats ?

and if in his OWN head

he still believes that he is the best lead off guy on the team

how is that putting himself B4 the team