Smiling Joe for MVP?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

Re: Smiling Joe for MVP?

In Response to Re: Smiling Joe for MVP?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Smiling Joe for MVP? : not sensitive, as in I can't handle it it's just that I try to treat posters the way they treat me I want some Yankee fan to please answer my question why does he deserve to be treated better than past Yankee greats, what makes him so special. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx I noticed you still haven't answered my question, is it possible that there is no way you can answer it without showing Jeter in a negative light. You would give up your first born rather than admit that Jeter actually at times puts himself ahead of the team. who says he gets treated better than former greats ? and if in his OWN head   he still believes that he is the best lead off guy on the team how is that putting himself B4 the team
    Posted by pinstripezac32[/QUOTE]
       I was trying to hard to be cute, obviously a poor choice of words,I actually enjoy the give and take with Yankee fans because they challenge my opinions, and  I try to do same with them. This is more an indictment against the organization as a whole, who in the past moved players around, Mantle to first, Berra to LF etc. I don't understand their reluctance with Jeter is there something I'm not seeing.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

It appears to me that Jeter refuses to play elsewhere.  And Smilin Joe, a former teammate, won't force him to.  Then again, where would he go?  He'd either be a downgrade if he moved or there is a long term contract at the position. 

A guy w/ a .310 OBP is only acceptable only if he could Catch or play SS - and by play I mean be an elite fielder.......

You can however, take him the heck out of the lead-off hole....

So.......Smilin Joe for MVP!!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Jeter has an .882 OPS against LH pitching this year so it still makes perfect sense for him to bat leadoff against LH starters only. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

I was trying to hard to be cute, obviously a poor choice of words,I actually enjoy the give and take with Yankee fans because they challenge my opinions, and  I try to do same with them.

that's cool  I  enjoy the back & forth

and when done right I learn a lot from it too

This is more an indictment against the organization as a whole, who in the past moved players around, Mantle to first, Berra to LF etc. I don't understand their reluctance with Jeter is there something I'm not seeing.

I figured that's where you were coming from dan

even though that  was B4 my time

I'm thinking there had to be a time / window

between them slowing  down and the moves being made

then again those were defensive moves and we were talking offense 

coming into this yr jeter was only 1 yr removed

from one of his best yrs ( a dustin mvp like yr)

IMO that's worth a long chance to  improve

don't get me wrong

I'd be fine if jeter said he was going to retire next month

but as long as he's going to play

for reasons I have already posted I'm fine with him leading off

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

[QUOTE]It appears to me that Jeter refuses to play elsewhere.  And Smilin Joe, a former teammate, won't force him to.  Then again, where would he go?  He'd either be a downgrade if he moved or there is a long term contract at the position.  A guy w/ a .310 OBP is only acceptable only if he could Catch or play SS - and by play I mean be an elite fielder....... You can however, take him the heck out of the lead-off hole.... So.......Smilin Joe for MVP!!!!!
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

so what is this poster  with little credibility  telling us

if jeter was benched we would be in 1st

the better team

I mean

if it's not enough to make up a 1 loss in the standings

how valid is all this  ranting

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]Jeter has an .882 OPS against LH pitching this year so it still makes perfect sense for him to bat leadoff against LH starters only. 
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE]

No arguement there.......But in order to be "OK" w/ that, it would mean Jeter and Gardener would have to flip-flop and Jeter would move to 9th....It would also mean that 70% or so of the time jeter would bat 9th.............Which means Smilin Joe won't do it because jeter would pull a Jorge........With such a close pennant race you'd think it'd be a no brainer....Oh well, I ain't complaining.......

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

I like the tactical ignore by zac on whether or not Nunez is the better shortstop.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

[QUOTE]I like the tactical ignore by zac on whether or not Nunez is the better shortstop.
    Posted by NUSoxFan[/QUOTE]

I didn't  think you were serious

certainly not yet

so you think he is

save your super stats

I still care about errors

9 in 30gms  vs   5 in 70 gms