Snake

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

Snake

You talk ( boast? ) a lot about getting hammered and not being in your right mind when you post.  Might that have been the case when you posted on the Orioles thread? "Drunk" seems to be on your mind.
    When stat guys OVERPLAY the randomness card because it suits their ideology ( yup, ideology ), you bet that  they'll get a toughly-worded response. I did not call the poster an "idiot" or a "moron," terms often used on this board. I ripped his argument to shreds. That's what I would call being "in trouble" relative to the subject matter. 
    BTW, were you able to follow the core of the argument?  Wanna post on it?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Re: Snake

In response to expitch's comment:

You talk ( boast? ) a lot about getting hammered and not being in your right mind when you post.  Might that have been the case when you posted on the Orioles thread? "Drunk" seems to be on your mind.
    When stat guys OVERPLAY the randomness card because it suits their ideology ( yup, ideology ), you bet that  they'll get a toughly-worded response. I did not call the poster an "idiot" or a "moron," terms often used on this board. I ripped his argument to shreds. That's what I would call being "in trouble" relative to the subject matter. 

This is a joke???  Right???

Do you guys really take this board that seriously?  Have you never been on after a couple of beers, & let off a bit of steam.  Maybe not made the soundest of arguments.  Frankly, calling a guy out on your own thread is a bit of a d move.  It's beneath you!  Snake's a decent guy, so it simply makes you look a little weak doing this.  Big flippin deal!  He said something you didn't like!  Get the _____ over it!  I'm so sick of these "witch hunts," & "brown shirt" BS!  This may not be a part of that nonsense, but it sort of feels like it.  

Lighten up Francis!

p.s.  The only guy who should ever be seriously called out for his pervasive nonsense, race baiting, rampant demagoguery, & just being a flat out A _ole????   SOFTY!  Please abide by this rule!  :) 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

This is a joke???  Right???

Do you guys really take this board that seriously?  Have you never been on after a couple of beers, & let off a bit of steam.  Maybe not made the soundest of arguments.  Frankly, calling a guy out on your own thread is a bit of a d move.  It's beneath you!  Snake's a decent guy, so it simply makes you look a little weak doing this.  Big flippin deal!  He said something you didn't like!  Get the _____ over it!  I'm so sick of these "witch hunts," & "brown shirt" BS!  This may not be a part of that nonsense, but it sort of feels like it.  

Lighten up Francis!

p.s.  The only guy who should ever be seriously called out for his pervasive nonsense, race baiting, rampant demagoguery, & just being a flat out A _ole????   SOFTY!  Please abide by this rule!  :) 

No, to answer your question about beers and posting.
    Your perception is your perception. I really don't care one way or another.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

I tried to respond to Snake on the Orioles thread, but Dottie wouldn't allow it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I tried to respond to Snake on the Orioles thread, but Dottie wouldn't allow it.

You appear to be losing your mind.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

i think this thread is in the wrong section.  is there a Male seeking Male section on boston.com?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I know right?

"Snake I can't stop thinking about you. Please meet me for some Vodka tonics at the Frosty Pint.  We can discuss baseball. and you know...other things."

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to snakeoil123 comment:

I know right?

"Snake I can't stop thinking about you. Please meet me for some Vodka tonics at the Frosty Pint.  We can discuss baseball. and you know...other things."

LOL.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

IMHO, Snake is very astute, even if he disagrees with me on Iglesias.  I think ex-pitch is fairly sharp as well, though kind of fixated on defending BV.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

IMHO, Snake is very astute, even if he disagrees with me on Iglesias.  I think ex-pitch is fairly sharp as well, though kind of fixated on defending BV.

And you are not fixated on getting rid of him? Joe, a little self-knowledge, please.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Best thread of the year...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I might be the only poster on this board that likes both expitch and snake, but for entirely different reasons. But both are good posters and both have intelligent things to say, and both I wish wouldn't let a spat get too personal on this board. But that's me, of course, I get called out by about 20 posters on this board for my opinions. I guess I'm the EvilDoer Fan for not blaming players for everything that ails the Sox.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Eh.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

And you are not fixated on getting rid of him? Joe, a little self-knowledge, please.

Not fixated.  He has almost no shot of survival.  Just pointing out the obvious.  Maybe with a touch of 'I told you so' added to it.  Past that, the season has been an unmitigated disaster.  Epic proportions.  Historical in context.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:

I might be the only poster on this board that likes both expitch and snake, but for entirely different reasons. But both are good posters and both have intelligent things to say, and both I wish wouldn't let a spat get too personal on this board. But that's me, of course, I get called out by about 20 posters on this board for my opinions. I guess I'm the EvilDoer Fan for not blaming players for everything that ails the Sox.

I don't mind expitch.  He was just acting a little loco so I called him on it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Anyway.  who cares?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

well, it's a forum, i guess it's ok to actually differ in opinion...:-)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

For those that have had such serious distaste for the game threads, I suggest you down a couple shots and about four or five beers (henceforth, we shall call it getting "Snaked")  and try them out again (if we ever return to them).  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

"I got so snaked last night that my hangover has a hangover."

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

And I am the 'ideological stat guy' referred to in the original post.  I'm pleased but surprised to find out that this is what I am.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

"Trade the farm for Hanley Ramirez??  Are you freakin' Snaked?"

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

I'm going to try to get the band back together for the game threads, during the last month of the season, space. Playing  the O's, Rays and NYY, we can at least play spoiler.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

I'm going to try to get the band back together for the game threads, during the last month of the season, space. Playing  the O's, Rays and NYY, we can at least play spoiler.

I like it J-Bay (though my new pacific standard timezone makes it impossible for me to gamethread other than the first hour or so at work ... in which case i certainly wouldn't be Snaked).  Anyway, spoiler??  Yeeeahhh.  Take me back to the old days.  Haven't worked those spoiler fan muscles in a while.  might be a little creaky.  But if we can keep the Yankees and/or O's out of the post season, I can enjoy the winter a good bit more.  Man, is this the nineties or what?

Sections
Shortcuts