Snake

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Re: Snake

“I’m afraid of three things: Booze  snakes, and Bobby Valentine. They all have the ability to hurt me and make it look like it was my fault.”  Josh Beckett

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

this website is messed.  once again. "I’m afraid of three things: booze, snakes, and Bobby Valentine. They all have the ability to hurt me and make it look like it was my fault."  Josh Beckett

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

i like snake, not in a crush kind of way (not that there is anything wrong with that!) but I thoght Pike was the only one fixated on certain posters...who cares what he believes, and if he believes it half in the bag...snake half-drunk usually makes more sense than i do...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to expitch's comment:
    [QUOTE]

IMHO, Snake is very astute, even if he disagrees with me on Iglesias.  I think ex-pitch is fairly sharp as well, though kind of fixated on defending BV.

And you are not fixated on getting rid of him? Joe, a little self-knowledge, please.

[/QUOTE]

Not fixated.  He has almost no shot of survival.  Just pointing out the obvious.  Maybe with a touch of 'I told you so' added to it.  Past that, the season has been an unmitigated disaster.  Epic proportions.  Historical in context.

[/QUOTE]
    As "historical" as last year's September swoon? You were fixated from Day One.  Did you "know" then that he had almost no shot at survival?  Or hope?  Even if you "knew" ( ho ), you were and are fixated.  If you haven't been and are not, that term has no useful meaning. But you are and it does. Other posters have commented similarly, even if they don't use that term. Maybe it's obvious that we are all off track.
    "Epic proportions."  Less hyperbole would make you slightly more credible. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

Being right and being fixated are not mutually exclusive. A therapist friend says they very often come together, because a sense of rightness, if dwelled upon, can and often does give rise to fixation. Especially when people think that their rightness is "obvious."  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

IMHO, Snake is very astute, even if he disagrees with me on Iglesias.  I think ex-pitch is fairly sharp as well, though kind of fixated on defending BV.

And you are not fixated on getting rid of him? Joe, a little self-knowledge, please.

[/QUOTE]

Not fixated.  He has almost no shot of survival.  Just pointing out the obvious.  Maybe with a touch of 'I told you so' added to it.  Past that, the season has been an unmitigated disaster.  Epic proportions.  Historical in context.

[/QUOTE]
    As "historical" as last year's September swoon? You were fixated from Day One.  Did you "know" then that he had almost no shot at survival?  Or hope?  Even if you "knew" ( ho ), you were and are fixated.  If you haven't been and are not, that term has no useful meaning. But you are and it does. Other posters have commented similarly, even if they don't use that term. Maybe it's obvious that we are all off track.

[/QUOTE]

1-A 5-month collapse is about 5x as bad as a one-month collapse.

2-I didn't 'know' from the beginning.  I stated my opinion based on what I knew of him.

3-If we go 10-15 the remainder of the way, we will have the worst record in 46 years.  If you can't use 'epic proportion' once every 46 years, you might as well not use it anymore.  I'd bet that 75% of the fans in here have not seen a season worse than this.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

1-A 5-month collapse is about 5x as bad as a one-month collapse.

2-I didn't 'know' from the beginning.  I stated my opinion based on what I knew of him.

3-If we go 10-15 the remainder of the way, we will have the worst record in 46 years.  If you can't use 'epic proportion' once every 46 years, you might as well not use it anymore.  I'd bet that 75% of the fans in here have not seen a season worse than this.

[/QUOTE]
    To 1: Back to numbers again. The post-season was on the line during that month. The fall was from first place to no cigar.  This club has stumbled and bumbled from the outset. Wait, let me say it. Largely because of BV.
    To 2: Knew of him before he spent a day in the Sox dugout. Did you also know that Torre had never won a thing before NY? Francona in Philly? Casey before NY. FYI, Casey had worse reputation than BV along the same lines. Did you "know" that? What you "knew" is that you didn't like what you'd heard about him. Way to evaluate. 
    To 3: I would not use "epic proportions in that way." Neither would most fans, IMO. Most of them are likely to have a much more balanced view of the season.  Tell you what. Not just in here but Boston fans in general. Ask them what hurts most, the September swoon or Boston's current record, no matter how it turns out. Wanna bet on the outcome.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

I hope Snake does not drink and drive. He might think people driving the right way on a one-way street are losing their minds.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Well...  It's nice to see we've got this all worked out & nobody is fixated on their perceived "rightness."

:)

Wow!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

I think it would be great being 'spoilers' against the Yankees.

Also, I think expitch and snake are both pretty cool guys.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

I cannot even read half the posts with the "quote" thing blurryin my eyes... the forum is hurting.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:

I cannot even read half the posts with the "quote" thing blurryin my eyes... the forum is hurting.

Agreed, my friend.

Actually, I'm not even sure where to post my reply.

Sections
Shortcuts