Snyder Can't Be Sent Down Without Being Exposed to Waivers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Snyder Can't Be Sent Down Without Being Exposed to Waivers

Just read that Snyder can't be send down without being exposed to waivers. Someone would grab him. Unless the Red Sox intend to go with Holt and Snyder until September 1, the logical choice who to bring up if they don't go with this combination would be Bogaerts.

Reason being, there is no one to back up Drew at SS if he gets hurt. Holt plays 2B and 3B, Snyder plays 3B and Drew plays SS. Middlebrooks can't play SS and I would guess the team wants flexibilty.

My guess is that Holt goes back down shortly and Bogaerts comes up.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mvpyouk20. Show mvpyouk20's posts

Re: Snyder Can't Be Sent Down Without Being Exposed to Waivers

In response to ADG's comment:

Just read that Snyder can't be send down without being exposed to waivers. Someone would grab him. Unless the Red Sox intend to go with Holt and Snyder until September 1, the logical choice who to bring up if they don't go with this combination would be Bogaerts.

Reason being, there is no one to back up Drew at SS if he gets hurt. Holt plays 2B and 3B, Snyder plays 3B and Drew plays SS. Middlebrooks can't play SS and I would guess the team wants flexibilty.

Hell no. They need to designate Snyder. He is brutual. Holt needs to stay since he can play every inf position. Middlebrooks will more then likely come up and Holt stays. What they need to do is let Bogaerts come up.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

If drew gets hurt, then Bogaerts comes up ......  Otherwise, it will be "see you in September/late August for Bogaerts.........  Look for Michael Young to surface @ 3rd ......

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

[QUOTE]

If drew gets hurt, then Bogaerts comes up ......  Otherwise, it will be "see you in September/late August for Bogaerts.........  Look for Michael Young to surface @ 3rd ......

[/QUOTE]

That's right Bill....I'm sure Young will be here very soon.  You know what though....I'm going to say he's not.  Let's make a wager.  I say Michael Young is not on the Red Sox roster in the next 2 weeks.  You say he is.  Let's put $100 on it.....deal?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:

In response to Bill-806's comment:

That's right Bill....I'm sure Young will be here very soon.  You know what though....I'm going to say he's not.  Let's make a wager.  I say Michael Young is not on the Red Sox roster in the next 2 weeks.  You say he is.  Let's put $100 on it.....deal?

NO NO, No wager but I hope that you are right & I am wrong, YOUNG does nothing for me !!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I'm not 100% sure on this so I'm going to go look it up a little later but I'm fairly confident that if you put a player on waivers and another team claims them you have something like 24-48 hours to pull that claim back.  This is not like the Rule 5 I think we can put Snyder on waivers without having to lose him. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

I'm not 100% sure on this so I'm going to go look it up a little later but I'm fairly confident that if you put a player on waivers and another team claims them you have something like 24-48 hours to pull that claim back.  This is not like the Rule 5 I think we can put Snyder on waivers without having to lose him. 

during this time period, I believe your right.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

If we bring Boggy up before Sept 1st, do we lose a year of team control?

Sox4ever

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

Snyder is not necessarily going to get picked up off the waiver wire even though he has made some contributions when he gets playing time.

He is a journeyman type player at best who can only play one position, and will not be in typically high demand.

With that said, I have no problem keeping Snyder until they decide that either Bogaerts or Middlebrooks is ready to come to Boston to improve the team for the pennant run.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmo3of4. Show dmo3of4's posts

In 145 MLB at bats he is:

.265 .307 .439 .747

he is also only 26 and a former 1st round pick (2005)--and this year has 2HR 7RBI in limited AB's

shouldnt we give him a chance to live up to his potential?  After that brutal error in LA that cost Sox the game, he has been largely forgotten

but he has raw power and can play 1B and OF other than 3B

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Sox4ever

Nope, let me look around for the rules..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I found this Moon....

Players who are on the 40-man roster but not on the 25-man active roster are said to be on “optional assignment”. (more on option years later) A minor leaguer does not begin to accrue major league service time unless he reaches the 25-man active roster. Once a player is added to the active 25-man roster for the first time, he begins to accrue major league service time. He continues to accrue major league service time even if he is on the disabled list. This is often referred to as “starting a player’s clock.” Note: if a minor league player on the 40-man roster plays in September, then he will get a small amount of major league service time just for that month, but that does not start his clock.

One year of major league service time is accrued for every 172 days in a season. (There are roughly 182 days in a typical season) This is measured to the last day of the regular season, with no credit given in the off-season. No more than 1 year can be earned per season. (note: since a player can not be a free agent until the season ends in October, you’ll often hear about teams not wanting to add a rookie onto the 25-man active roster in their first year until late April or early May, because then their first season will not add up to 172 days and they effectively get almost 7 years out of him instead of just 6. If a team further delays a rookie until the middle of June, then they will also likely prevent that player from becoming a “Super Two” for arbitration purposes.)

edit: Just found this too...

http://www.cbabaseball.com/rules/index.php?title=Service_Time_%28MLB%29

and this...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/sky_andrecheck/04/01/arbitration/index.html

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

I found this Moon....

Players who are on the 40-man roster but not on the 25-man active roster are said to be on “optional assignment”. (more on option years later) A minor leaguer does not begin to accrue major league service time unless he reaches the 25-man active roster. Once a player is added to the active 25-man roster for the first time, he begins to accrue major league service time. He continues to accrue major league service time even if he is on the disabled list. This is often referred to as “starting a player’s clock.” Note: if a minor league player on the 40-man roster plays in September, then he will get a small amount of major league service time just for that month, but that does not start his clock.

One year of major league service time is accrued for every 172 days in a season. (There are roughly 182 days in a typical season) This is measured to the last day of the regular season, with no credit given in the off-season. No more than 1 year can be earned per season. (note: since a player can not be a free agent until the season ends in October, you’ll often hear about teams not wanting to add a rookie onto the 25-man active roster in their first year until late April or early May, because then their first season will not add up to 172 days and they effectively get almost 7 years out of him instead of just 6. If a team further delays a rookie until the middle of June, then they will also likely prevent that player from becoming a “Super Two” for arbitration purposes.)

edit: Just found this too...

http://www.cbabaseball.com/rules/index.php?title=Service_Time_%28MLB%29

and this...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/sky_andrecheck/04/01/arbitration/index.html

Thanks.

This makes a difference, in case someone gets hurt.

I'm more worried about Drew's health than needing Boggy at 3B this season, although he may add some punch there, if needed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mvpyouk20. Show mvpyouk20's posts

In response to dmo3of4's comment:

.265 .307 .439 .747

he is also only 26 and a former 1st round pick (2005)--and this year has 2HR 7RBI in limited AB's

shouldnt we give him a chance to live up to his potential?  After that brutal error in LA that cost Sox the game, he has been largely forgotten

And what potential are you talking about? the one where he chocked in the Angels game? Or how about getting thrown out at home and let's be honest, he was out at 2b last night. He is a scrub, nough said. No team would pick him up if he was released. That hr vs Price would of been an out anywhere else.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

In response to dmo3of4's comment:

.265 .307 .439 .747

I agree dmo and he makes contact something we haven't  seen Nap do much of in the last month.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Sox4ever

Who cares? Everyone is worried about a year of control ($$$) where if Bogaerts helps the Red Sox make the playoffs, the playoff money would pay for that year.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Plus ADG, Boggie probably would be better protection for Nap who is trying to protect Ortiz in the order.

A comment about Drew: he played in 79 games or thereabouts last season , he has played in 76 so far this season. He has about the same BA--more RBI this year, I think the same number of HR.

Hopefully with Iggy out of Boston his hitting will improve and his defense will remain solid.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

Sox4ever

Who cares? Everyone is worried about a year of control ($$$) where if Bogaerts helps the Red Sox make the playoffs, the playoff money would pay for that year.

[/QUOTE]

That, and we will have plenty of $$ to extend him through his arb and some FA years when the time comes, no matter if its a year earlier than expected.. after 2015, the sox are only obligated to pay Pedey his 13.75M. The rest are arbitration cases. So basically we have 13.75M on the book for 2016. I think we can afford Bogey to come up early if we wanted to do so.

Sections
Shortcuts