SO, Ellesbury has a SORE foot..... Darn well better get it X-RAYED ........

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Re: SO, Ellesbury has a SORE foot..... Darn well better get it X-RAYED ........

In response to jackbu's comment:

I hope they don't say he will be out for 4-6 days. That line is a curse.

HAHA!!!!  As much as it drives me nut that people are jumping off the roof because he's sitting out a game in ST....... with Ells I just NEVER feel comfortable that the guy will be able to stay on the field.  So much speed and potential has amounted to one great season and a few solid ones early on.  With that said..I'm thinking he will have a bounchback year.  Not a 2011 year but maybe a .310, 23HR, 80Rbi 100 runs and a 380OBP with 35 SB.  Obviously he needs to play for that to happen though.......

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to ms_obstinate's comment:

Lets hope it aint the same injury as Ortiz.

No way that could happen, because Ortiz never had an injury.  The milk shake fountain shut down.

Ortiz isn't injured? Provide a link please.

Just ask Bill for an update.....he's our resident Ortiz stalker.....

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:

HAHA!!!!  As much as it drives me nut that people are jumping off the roof because he's sitting out a game in ST....... with Ells I just NEVER feel comfortable that the guy will be able to stay on the field.  So much speed and potential has amounted to one great season and a few solid ones early on.  With that said..I'm thinking he will have a bounchback year.  Not a 2011 year but maybe a .310, 23HR, 80Rbi 100 runs and a 380OBP with 35 SB.  Obviously he needs to play for that to happen though.......

For what they're worth, here are the 2013 projections for Jacoby Ellsbury from Steamer, Bill James Handbook, Oliver and ZIPS:

S: 595 PA, 83 R, 14 HR, 59 RBI, 22 SB, .285 BA, .341 OBP

BJ: 668 PA, 100 R, 15 HR, 67 RBI, 37 SB, .294 BA, .346 OBP

O: 460 PA, 59 R, 11 HR, 51 RBI, 18 SB, .276 BA, .335 OBP

Z: 451 PA, 57 R, 12 HR, 48 RBI, 23 SB, .284 BA, .335 OBP

http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?playerid=4727&position=OF

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

This is gold by jackbu:

Show me when he had surgery.  My mother had a double by pass 5 years ago at the age of 80 and one week later was walking better then ortiz is now.

Interesting.

I had no idea double bypasses were performed through the heel.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to hill55's comment:

In response to Kingface12's comment:

For what they're worth, here are the 2013 projections for Jacoby Ellsbury from Steamer, Bill James Handbook, Oliver and ZIPS:

S: 595 PA, 83 R, 14 HR, 59 RBI, 22 SB, .285 BA, .341 OBP

BJ: 668 PA, 100 R, 15 HR, 67 RBI, 37 SB, .294 BA, .346 OBP

O: 460 PA, 59 R, 11 HR, 51 RBI, 18 SB, .276 BA, .335 OBP

Z: 451 PA, 57 R, 12 HR, 48 RBI, 23 SB, .284 BA, .335 OBP

http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?playerid=4727&position=OF

Cool site...thanks!  Hopefully I'm right.....none of those stat lines are thrilling me. Interesting that all of them agree that his SB will be down a lot and they're not predicting any power.  Ells has some good pop in his swing so if healthy I can really see him in the low 20's for HR's.  SB I agree with....RBI's I think I was a bit ambitious.....especially with the bottom 3rd of our order that he'll be following up at the plate.  2 of them really think he'll be injured again......no idea why they would think that....  ;-)

15. This post has been removed.