So far, so very good.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

So far, so very good.

1.  Lester and Buchholz are back to being elite pitchers

2.  Best bullpen in the game hands down

3.  Top 3 3B in the game

4.  A loaded farm system, arguably the best in 8 years. 

5.  Iglesias is finally starting to emerge and should be the everday SS by season's end

It's hard to not label the Red Sox as the early favorites to take the AL East. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Re: So far, so very good.

In response to SoxPatsCelts1988's comment:

1.  Lester and Buchholz are back to being elite pitchers

2.  Best bullpen in the game hands down

3.  Top 3 3B in the game

4.  A loaded farm system, arguably the best in 8 years. 

5.  Iglesias is finally starting to emerge and should be the everday SS by season's end

It's hard to not label the Red Sox as the early favorites to take the AL East. 

hey SPC, where you been??.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Definitely very good, but the "so far" is a very small sample.  But for now kudos to Ben C. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaffyDan. Show DaffyDan's posts

It's better to have a good start than an bad one. No doubt. 

-Daf. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Hey I didn't predict anything... Just stating the obvious.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaffyDan. Show DaffyDan's posts

BTW, my feeling on this team remains the same. It has a chance to compete, but not dominate. 

By contrast, the 04 and 07 teams were supposed to compete and had a chance to dominate. 

Least, that's the way I look at it. 

-Daf. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

My feeling though is that it appears the Sox and Jays have the most well-rounded teams.  The only real question that I have with the sox is around the back end of their rotation. Given Dickeys early struggles, I question the front end of the jays rotation even if their rotation as a whole is solid.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

I thought the hype around Dickey signing with Toronto was a little much.  Had a few good years in a division that maybe saw a knuckleball in grainy video of Phil Niekro.  But, I didn't think he was going to have that kind of success in the AL East, mainly because the strength of his arsenal, the fact that he can mix in a 90 mph fastball with his knuckle, was a novelty.  Thing is, over here in the East, a 90 mph flat fastball is going to get crushed, even if mixed in with a dancing goofball.  Wake could at least keep guys off balance (sometimes) when he salted in his 78-80 potato salad heat, because no one throws that slow.  I have the feeling Dickey is going to consistently get tagged like yesterday this season.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

..suddenly his knuckler is too fast.

mucho shellings for mucho schillings?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Great point on Dickey but at the end of the day, josh Johnson and mark buehrle still need to perform for them.  Even if Dickey turns it around 

Sections
Shortcuts