So how many posters have complained all the way to the end?

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Re: So how many posters have complained all the way to the end?

I had all the names listed out, but figured it was better to just look forward to the playoffs.  Trying to do a little 'living well is the best revenge' kind of thing.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

We are the best team in baseball!

It's hard to believe that at this point in the season, some people are still finding things to complain about or to be negative about.

The season has been an absolute joy to watch.  We are the best team in baseball.

Yes, we will all be disappointed to some extent if we don't win the World Series, but now matter what happens in the playoffs, this has been a great season!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

It's not really fair to Bill to say he has had no positive threads or posts.  He gets pretty happy when the Sox are going well.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I'm a complainer of complainers; that probably makes me a hypocrite.  Hey who cares?, we're in the playoffs.....no time for Sox on Sox crime! Lets go Sox (starts vocally playing the guitar part of dirty water) 

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

I'm a complainer of complainers; that probably makes me a hypocrite.  Hey who cares?, we're in the playoffs.....no time for Sox on Sox crime! Lets go Sox (starts vocally playing the guitar part of dirty water) 

"Sox on Sox crime". Lol that's a pretty good line.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

It's too bad some people are so cynical that they couldn't appreciate watching the Red Sox turn around.I can't speak for anyone else,but I've enjoyed the ride of the 2013 season with all it's ups and downs.As far as I'm concerned,win,lose or draw in the playoffs,the Red Sox have provided us with an exciting and surprising 162 games and have exceeded most of our expectations for them.That makes them winners in my book.Even if they exit early from the playoffs,I'll be disappointed,but still be proud of what they've accomplished.

They had a trust in themselves and each other when many of us had our doubts.They have proven that they are a TEAM and not just a bunch of guys wearing the same uniform. 

GO RED SOX !!!!!

"Another day closer to the parade"

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

1? 2? 3? 4?

I have yet to see Bill-806 do anything other than complain about Ortiz and have yet to note one positve thread or post on his part. 

pumpsie? He has had a few positve observations...

I cannot think of anyone else though I am unfamiliar with all the posters here.

Did you see all the whining on the game thread yesterday before the game, ripping Farrell for the lineup because it wasn't the "best lineup." As it turned out, the Sox had already clinched best record by the time the game started.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

It's not really fair to Bill to say he has had no positive threads or posts.  He gets pretty happy when the Sox are going well.

Yes, but that won't stop those posters who like to complain about other posters all the time: Breidey, Burrito, Pike, Four B's, and a few others. True, like all posters, not all their posts are preoccupied with labeling and condemning other posters, but they do waste an inordinate amount of time doing so while they beat their collective chests in an unwarranted exhibition of false righteousness.
    For my part, I think this team has FAR exceeded what I thought they could do. Even if they lose they will have improved a remarkable 28 wins over last year. I could not find the record for this sort of thing, but this has got to be close. Many of the individual players have also exceeded my expectations: Lester, Carp, Victorino, Uehara....to name just a few. And while I would certainly like a ring as much as anyone here, I see the season as already a smashing success. The rest is gravy.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to royf19's comment:

1? 2? 3? 4?

I have yet to see Bill-806 do anything other than complain about Ortiz and have yet to note one positve thread or post on his part. 

Did you see all the whining on the game thread yesterday before the game, ripping Farrell for the lineup because it wasn't the "best lineup." As it turned out, the Sox had already clinched best record by the time the game started.

Farrell didn't know we  had clinched HFA when he submitted his lineup. HFA is huge, make no mistake. Failing to go all out for HFA would, IMO, have been a huge mistake that could have cost us a trip to the WS.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

But someone should take it upon themselves to let Bill806 know they had a fine season. Guess I'll take that very heavy responsibility on my narrow aging shoulders. 

HEY BILL,

The Red Sox had the best record in MLB this year. Time for you and Dad to celebrate. 

CHEERS, 

HETCH

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

1? 2? 3? 4?

Farrell didn't know we  had clinched HFA when he submitted his lineup. HFA is huge, make no mistake. Failing to go all out for HFA would, IMO, have been a huge mistake that could have cost us a trip to the WS.

The magic number was 1 goning into the game with a couple left to go.  To set your team up for the playoff run was more important than going all out for the best record.  Being the team with the best record afforded the team to rest up.  So, the move was calulated, and like everything else, worked out just fine.  it is time for everyone to stop second guessing the decisions made and enjoy the fact that they know more than we do.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to jimdavis's comment:

1? 2? 3? 4?

The magic number was 1 goning into the game with a couple left to go.  To set your team up for the playoff run was more important than going all out for the best record.  Being the team with the best record afforded the team to rest up.  So, the move was calulated, and like everything else, worked out just fine.  it is time for everyone to stop second guessing the decisions made and enjoy the fact that they know more than we do.

Correct: it was 1. Setting our team up for a playoff run is easy: we have FOUR DAYS OFF after Sunday to do so. Thats almost too much time. While I realize that Farrell knows more about baseball than I do, he is not infallable and it IS reasonable to question his tactical approach. I would have played Ortiz, at least, and maybe Ellbury for a few innings as well, to try to secure HFA. Once the results of the A's game were known he could have easily removed those two from the game.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

I have complained all year, and will complain again if they lose today.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

1? 2? 3? 4?

FWIW, the wildcard wins the WSC more often than the best record in BB.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

1? 2? 3? 4?

FWIW, the wildcard wins the WSC more often than the best record in BB.

So does this mean you would have preferred we entered the playoffs as the wild card? You strive to put your team in the best possible position to win; it doesn't always work out. Home field ADVANTAGE is called an advantage for a reason. Most sane people don't look at the  fact that the WC has won more WS than the team with the best record in baseball and strive to enter as the WC.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

So does this mean you would have preferred we entered the playoffs as the wild card? You strive to put your team in the best possible position to win; it doesn't always work out. Home field ADVANTAGE is called an advantage for a reason. Most sane people don't look at the  fact that the WC has won more WS than the team with the best record in baseball and strive to enter as the WC.

It means youhave a plan and you stick to it.  All things being equal, the A's had a 1-16 chance of tying us.  Resting Papi against a lefty probably doesn't change that by almost anything.  Instead of 2*2*2*2, it might be more like 2*2*2*1.7, so instaed of it being 1-16, it is more like 1-114.

Sometimes you have have to allow for some amount of risk.  We're talking about a kid with no health issues.  We're talking about someone with heel/achilles issues who is 37.

Resting anyone that is injured seems like a no-brainer to me.

Sections
Shortcuts