So, it is with a "HEAVY HEART" that I report .........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

So, it is with a "HEAVY HEART" that I report .........

That the next "CARLTON FISK" IS BEING SENT TO 3-A PAWTUCKET R I  !!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Re: So, it is with a

Seriously Bill, Lavarnaway has literally nothing in common with Fisk other than being nominally a catcher. If you're looking for the next Fisk you might want to take a look at the catcher who'll be starting in Portland this year.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

The Sox are keeping the two best for now.  Lavarnway needs to find his hitting stroke.  And that other catcher, the short one who keeps throwing out baserunners, is probably a better prospect at this point. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Bill: no Lavarnway, no Blockbuster, no Mitt.  You better hope Ortiz never comes back, because you are flirting with an oh-fer.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

Bill: no Lavarnway, no Blockbuster, no Mitt.  You better hope Ortiz never comes back, because you are flirting with an oh-fer.

HAHAHA!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

Seriously Bill, Lavarnaway has literally nothing in common with Fisk other than being nominally a catcher. If you're looking for the next Fisk you might want to take a look at the catcher who'll be starting in Portland this year.

I don't know about that. Both are about 6-4. Fisk was born in New England; Lavarnway went to college in New England. They could be twins.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

I don't know about that. Both are about 6-4. Fisk was born in New England; Lavarnway went to college in New England. They could be twins.

Both are Hall of Fame caliber catchers.

Except for Lavarnway...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

they both enjoy peanut butter on their toast and like playing super mario on the SNES. wow. they ARE twins.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to notin's comment:

Both are Hall of Fame caliber catchers.

Except for Lavarnway...

LOL GOOD ONE!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus's comment:

Maybe it's because the manager did not bat me in the right POSITION  !!!!   I never went 0-4 in my life !!!     (on this board, I mean)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

Maybe it's because the manager did not bat me in the right POSITION  !!!!   I never went 0-4 in my life !!!     (on this board, I mean)

LOL! your 0-78 on your BLOCKBUSTAH claims....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

well Bill, that may be true, but  25  0-3's  is just as bad :-) 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

He swings and misses...Thats 0-3 so far Bill. If ortiz plays the next 2 years it will be 0-4.

Christian Vasquez is already a far better defender than Lavarnway is. Hes going to pass right by him on the depth chart IMO.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

I believe in a couple of year Christian Vasquez will be the Red sox starting catcher, by that time Saltalamacchia will be gone.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

He swings and misses...Thats 0-3 so far Bill. If ortiz plays the next 2 years it will be 0-4.

Christian Vasquez is already a far better defender than Lavarnway is. Hes going to pass right by him on the depth chart IMO.

Don't want to "RUSH" him !!!!

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Red Sox will need to start Ross, as Salty the butcher is about as bad as Varitek in his last years. Instead of catching the ball, he looks like he's trying to swat a fly with a paper napkin.

Salty is a better compliment to Ross, but I hate the fact that Salty is starter Plan A.

Napoli at 5M base and 1 year is a nice value and fit. He is a nice emergency catcher, which means that the Red Sox don't need a 3rd catcher to have important roster flexibility during AL games.

Lavarnway should not be given away in a trade, though. He has good potential to be, at worst, a backup catcher and pinch hitter and a little DH rotation from the bench.

Im not giving up on the next "CARLTON FISK"  !!!  Salty could be gone in that coming "BLOCKBUSTER" , i HOPE !!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

That the next "CARLTON FISK" IS BEING SENT TO 3-A PAWTUCKET R I  !!!!

Iggy,s

Next Will Billy...................

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

...and no blockbuster in sight.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Bill, I would have liked to see a blockbuster by now. Don't look good.

Especially since JACOBY has a bruised foot...... Sox taking it slow, might play tonight.....If not, maybe in July !!