So Long for now, IGGY......"We hardly knew thee" !!

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Re: So Long for now, IGGY......

In response to softlaw2's comment:

S. Drew will make this team better, as he's a proven MLB SS. Iggy needs to prove he can hit MLB ptiching, and his hitting chart shows he's overmatched. I can't wait for the S. Drew era to begin!

How long to you explode on the board again and get banned? I feel it happens after Ortiz is activated and JBJ is sent down.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

S. Drew will make this team better, as he's a proven MLB SS. Iggy needs to prove he can hit MLB ptiching, and his hitting chart shows he's overmatched. I can't wait for the S. Drew era to begin!

Well thats a fine attitude Softlaw! Glad you had a change of heart. Just one small correction: its not the hitting chart that shows that historically Iggy has been overmatched by any pitching higher than the A ball level, its his OPS. I would love to see him play in the majors once he earns it.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

Well thats a fine attitude Softlaw! Glad you had a change of heart. Just one small correction: its not the hitting chart that shows that historically Iggy has been overmatched by any pitching higher than the A ball level, its his OPS. I would love to see him play in the majors once he earns it.

I know it is hard to deal with Softy's sarcasm, but it is really ridiculous to say that a guy who had a good spring, and is hitting over .400 in the first 7 games of the season while prociding stellar SS defense hasnt earned the right to continue paling in the majors until he hits some magical # at AAA!! I understand why Drew at 9.5mm will get his shot at being the starting SS, and why Iggy will be sent down so he can continue to play everyday.....but I really think some people need to jump off the Iggy isnt ready for Majors bandwagon.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I'm not going to bash Drew because I like Iggy.  I think the team should let Iggy play it out, however I think Drew is capable of a lot as well.  In a perfect world Drew returns to his 2010 form and Iggy continues to hit down in Pawtucket.  

This sets us up for a trade in late June/July. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to tomnev's comment:

I know it is hard to deal with Softy's sarcasm, but it is really ridiculous to say that a guy who had a good spring, and is hitting over .400 in the first 7 games of the season while prociding stellar SS defense hasnt earned the right to continue paling in the majors until he hits some magical # at AAA!! I understand why Drew at 9.5mm will get his shot at being the starting SS, and why Iggy will be sent down so he can continue to play everyday.....but I really think some people need to jump off the Iggy isnt ready for Majors bandwagon.

Iggy deserves a shot, but he wont get it when Drew is getting paid what he is.  that is just the business of pro sports.  Drew is a decent SS and should do fine.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

Hope to see you soon, you are one he!! of a GLOVE MAN, and your hitting will get better & better........    As DAD would say............  "SON, this world is not always fair, 9.5MIL speaks volumes"  !!!

It's simply amazing....  I been on here 1 month longer but 13,000 posts less than this windbag,  yet I am here EVERY day to read talented posts....  and yours are NOT!!

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

I'm not going to bash Drew because I like Iggy.  I think the team should let Iggy play it out, however I think Drew is capable of a lot as well.  In a perfect world Drew returns to his 2010 form and Iggy continues to hit down in Pawtucket.  

Exactly. 

I have wanted Iglesias since last April,  but hope Drew plays himself into being a sought-after commodity this July...

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Iggy did well in the first 7 games this year, but its only in less than 30 PAs. Thats a very small sample size. In a somewhat larger sample size, if you look at his previous results in the ML, his OPS is under .425, and in a much larger sample size, his AAA ball OPS is .589-and that is for over 700 PAs at that level. That kind of OPS is not acceptable IMO. Now its entirely possible that Iggy has improved on his past performance, but fewer than 30 PAs is not enought to convince me that he has-any more than Napoli's performance to date has convinced me that he is now a .194 hitter or that Nava is a .500/1.083 powerhouse. Iggy needs about 250 PAs at the AAA level before I am going to say that he deserves the SS job.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Would you be so kind as to provide the details of this trade, that would be "set up".

What an absolutely ridiculous post that was.  Obviously it's impossible to sit here in April and know who's going to be available in July.  Drew would be a valuable commodity for any team needing a SS then due to injury or someone not playing up to potential. It's also going to be a matter of who the Sox think they need for the same reasons.

Look into your crystal ball and tell me what every team is going to need in July. Then get back to us.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Would you be so kind as to provide the details of this trade, that would be "set up".

So are you saying depth and flexibility are meaningless unless you know your trade partner 3 months in advance?

Anif you want details,  the Dodgers have the highest payroll in baseball, yet only have Luis Cruz, Justin Sellers and Juan Uribe on the left side of the infield.

If Lackey is out for a prolonged stretch,  I could see s Drew-Lilly or Drew-Capuano deal.  Or Drew for prospects if the Sox fall out of contention...

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

Iggy deserves a shot, but he wont get it when Drew is getting paid what he is.  that is just the business of pro sports.  Drew is a decent SS and should do fine.

It has less to do with the money involved and more to do with Iggy proving he can hit a baseball consistently. Apparently the FO is not yet convinced of that either, or they wouldn't have gone out and obtained our premium SS. Lets see how Iggy fares by July. I hope he does well enough so that Drew becomes a trade chip. If he doesn't, it will be a good thing we have Drew.

Sections
Shortcuts