So LUCIANNO's, How do you like Dan Duquette now?? What, not as SMOOTH as THEO??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

So LUCIANNO's, How do you like Dan Duquette now?? What, not as SMOOTH as THEO??

Your right.......  But why don't we get  G M's like Dan ??????

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Re: So LUCIANNO's, How do you like Dan Duquette now?? What, not as SMOOTH as THEO??

With all due respect for the two championships; this current mess is mostly the fault of Theo. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: So LUCIANNO's, How do you like Dan Duquette now?? What, not as SMOOTH as THEO??

In Response to Re: So LUCIANNO's, How do you like Dan Duquette now?? What, not as SMOOTH as THEO??:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: So LUCIANNO's, How do you like Dan Duquette now?? What, not as SMOOTH as THEO?? : BINGO! bill is one of many on this board that have a man-crush on theo the zero.
    Posted by mryazz[/QUOTE]  HAD, is the right word......  Then my eyes told me different !!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I was pushing to bring the Duke back.  

I think mixing old school (Duke) with someone like Ben (systematic approach to the drafts) would have worked well along with Carlton Fisk at the helm busting chops...............

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Re: So LUCIANNO's, How do you like Dan Duquette now?? What, not as SMOOTH as THEO??:
    [QUOTE]I was pushing to bring the Duke back.   I think mixing old school (Duke) with someone like Ben (systematic approach to the drafts) would have worked well along with Carlton Fisk at the helm busting chops...............
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]Another BINGO !!!  With Ryan Lavarnway behind the plate !!!   (the next Carlton Fisk)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

"Adam" Cook - today's starter according to the crack reporting team at the Boston Globe website (though they have now corrected it) is the next Aaron Cook.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]"Adam" Cook - today's starter according to the crack reporting team at the Boston Globe website (though they have now corrected it) is the next Aaron Cook.
    Posted by Chilliwings[/QUOTE]  What a display of baseball yesterday at the Fen's.......  Lucianno's is so smart, that they have outsmarted themselves !!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Yeah let's bring back Duquette. The Sox could also use more trades like Moyer for Darren Bragg, steals like Wil Cordero and free agent signings like Jose Offerman, Jose Canseco and Dante Bichette. And this clubhouse certainly could use more Carl Everetts and Mike Lansings. Let's not forget the minor leagues. Heck, why waste time with bad trades of prospects like David Ecksten. Just put them on waivers for nothing.

And talk about starting pitching -- where are the Mark Portugals, Patt Rapps and Frank Castillos, Steve Averys and Hideo Nomos when you need them. 

And what bullpen couldn't use a John Wasdin.

Yeah Duke -- never a bad move.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah let's bring back Duquette. The Sox could also use more trades like Moyer for Darren Bragg, steals like Wil Cordero and free agent signings like Jose Offerman, Jose Canseco and Dante Bichette. And this clubhouse certainly could use more Carl Everetts and Mike Lansings. Let's not forget the minor leagues. Heck, why waste time with bad trades of prospects like David Ecksten. Just put them on waivers for nothing. And talk about starting pitching -- where are the Mark Portugals, Patt Rapps and Frank Castillos, Steve Averys and Hideo Nomos when you need them.  And what bullpen couldn't use a John Wasdin. Yeah Duke -- never a bad move.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]

I think a big part of the reaon fans hate Epstein was the huge chunks of payoll left on the DL, and these fans seem to have forgotten that the biggest reason DD didn't do this was that those kind of contracts were not as common.

FAns might hate the monye wasted on Bobby Jenks, but Mike Lansing made the smae money over the same period of time, and when the Sox wasted it on Lansing, it was a far, far bigger chunk of the payroll...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Duquette seems to be doing well so far with the Birds.  Good for him, I mean that.

Epstein made some moves that have turned out very badly so far, but I'm not bitter about it.  He was the GM when we won 2 championships and that can't be taken away from him.  Now he's gone.  The franchise is still very wealthy, has some money freeing up next year and some talent emerging in the farm system.  Things will get better. 

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lostinbaltimore. Show lostinbaltimore's posts

As an employee of the O's I can tell you DD has nothing to do with the current tean that is winning. This is Lee MacPhail's team(sorry for the spelling)
    All DD has signed to this team is a back up second baseman, a Japanesse pitcher(Chen) and a pitcher that is on the DL. The rest of this team was build by MacPail and Dan's little brother.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]Duquette seems to be doing well so far with the Birds.  Good for him, I mean that. Epstein made some moves that have turned out very badly so far, but I'm not bitter about it.  He was the GM when we won 2 championships and that can't be taken away from him.  Now he's gone.  The franchise is still very wealthy, has some money freeing up next year and some talent emerging in the farm system.  Things will get better. 
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE]

I think thats the best attitude we could go with right now Hf.  Many mistakes were made after 04 and 07 but next season could free up a bit more cash with Salty, Youk, Papi, Jenks, Dice all being possibilities.  The Lackey and CC moves are the ones that really hurt, it would be great to get something back in return if they stay.  If not we may need to just get as creative as possible and cut ties with them regardless of money lost.

The team needs to move forward one way or another

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Dan loved all 17 innings yesterday !!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pri360. Show pri360's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: So LUCIANNO's, How do you like Dan Duquette now?? What, not as SMOOTH as THEO?? : I think thats the best attitude we could go with right now Hf.  Many mistakes were made after 04 and 07 but next season could free up a bit more cash with Salty, Youk, Papi, Jenks, Dice all being possibilities.  The Lackey and CC moves are the ones that really hurt, it would be great to get something back in return if they stay.  If not we may need to just get as creative as possible and cut ties with them regardless of money lost. The team needs to move forward one way or another
    Posted by craze4sox[/QUOTE] Thats an enormous amount of money coming off of payroll. Seems to me the sox could be in the thick of it for Hamels or any other high priced free angent. But like the Yanks of the 80's they're probably going to have to spend and not trade their way out of their pitching problems; as the young stars are keepers and the older players don't seem to have as much value as they did a few years ago.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Why people wanted Duke after they saw Red Sox got swept by the Orioles.  The Red Sox have the most players on DL as well they owe over 80 million dollars to these DL players.   That is probably more than total of Oakland or KC or Pittsburgh's total team payroll.  It is an embarrassing!!

By the way, Duke is not the one build this Orioles team.  It was these previous GM's along with the front management staffs build this team up prior to this season.  Duke just made few moves at the same time the Orioles is the healthiest team in the AL east.  

That is the difference.  Yankees, Boston, Rays, etc all all b#nged up.  But reason Rays are doing good is that they have a very deep healthy starting pitching rotation.  That is another difference in the AL east.

As long Yankees arent going to make into the playoff, I would be happy about that.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kirbyrob. Show kirbyrob's posts

I've been wondering where LL has been hiding out lately?? He's usually SO VOCAL during the season?? Hmmmm....it's very, very odd..... LOL

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pri360. Show pri360's posts

[QUOTE]Why people wanted Duke after they saw Red Sox got swept by the Orioles.  The Red Sox have the most players on DL as well they owe over 80 million dollars to these DL players.   That is probably more than total of Oakland or KC or Pittsburgh's total team payroll.  It is an embarrassing!! By the way, Duke is not the one build this Orioles team.  It was these previous GM's along with the front management staffs build this team up prior to this season.  Duke just made few moves at the same time the Orioles is the healthiest team in the AL east.   That is the difference.  Yankees, Boston, Rays, etc all all b#nged up.  But reason Rays are doing good is that they have a very deep healthy starting pitching rotation.  That is another difference in the AL east. As long Yankees arent going to make into the playoff, I would be happy about that.  
    Posted by GoUconn13[/QUOTE] then you must have been very unhappy the last 2 years.