So much for Farrell becoming manager

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

So much for Farrell becoming manager

From MLBTraderumors.com:

The Blue Jays announced an amendment to their employee permission policy: they will not grant permission for lateral moves.  GM Alex Anthopoulos will be holding a press conference today, presumably on this topic.  The implication is that the Red Sox will not be allowed to interview John Farrell for their managerial position.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Re: So much for Farrell becoming manager

Smart move by the Bluejays.  Also now Boston will need to give them a compensation deal to the Bluejays if they hire Farrell.

So therefore, forget Farrell!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Is it really all that important for to have a player's manager?
    Or is more important to have a leader who can motivate people?

Is it really all that important to have a manager who is a skilled tactician?
    Or is it more important to have a manager willing to throw out conventional wisdom in favor of feel for the game?

We need a manager who can manage the team on the field, not on paper. A manager who is a team leader, not a team mom, one who puts the best 8 on the field, and sticks with a consistent line-up, instead of pulling names out of a hat every other day.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

I agree that this is a good move by the Jays, very prudent. Good chance the Jays finish ahead of the Red Sox next year...in third, meaning we would be in fourth marginally ahead of the Orioles.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Even if Farrell's out, there are very good candidates out there. If the Sox are adamant about not giving Hale a shot, Dave Martinez and Tony Pena would both make excellent managers.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In Response to Re: So much for Farrell becoming manager:
    [QUOTE]I agree that this is a good move by the Jays, very prudent. Good chance the Jays finish ahead of the Red Sox next year...in third, meaning we would be in fourth marginally ahead of the Orioles.
    Posted by sindarin-erebor[/QUOTE]

you re nuts!!!  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]Even if Farrell's out, there are very good candidates out there. If the Sox are adamant about not giving Hale a shot, Dave Martinez and Tony Pena would both make excellent managers.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

No doubt.  My chips are in for Davey.  By sheer Proximity-to-Joe-Maddon factor.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

I didnt even think Farrell was a great pitching coach....I think their are better Manager options.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

[QUOTE]Is it really all that important for to have a player's manager? Or is more important to have a leader who can motivate people? Is it really all that important to have a manager who is a skilled tactician? Or is it more important to have a manager willing to throw out conventional wisdom in favor of feel for the game? We need a manager who can manage the team on the field, not on paper. A manager who is a team leader, not a team mom, one who puts the best 8 on the field, and sticks with a consistent line-up, instead of pulling names out of a hat every other day.
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]
    You've hit the nail on the head. We need the exact opposite of Francona.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: So much for Farrell becoming manager : You've hit the nail on the head. We need the exact opposite of Francona.
    Posted by BOSOX1941[/QUOTE]

Are you going to post here once there is a new manager and Francona is no longer worth discussing?  What will you possibly say?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Dave Martinez and Bud Black are my favorite candidates at this point. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Ryne Sandberg and Torey Luvullo are possibilities as well

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

I like Martinez and Black myself.  Hale would be in my top 3.  I don't buy the he was too close to the problem argument.  But that will be for Cherington to decide.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to So much for Farrell becoming manager:
    [QUOTE]From MLBTraderumors.com: The Blue Jays announced an amendment to their employee permission policy: they will not grant permission for lateral moves.  GM Alex Anthopoulos will be holding a press conference today, presumably on this topic.  The implication is that the Red Sox will not be allowed to interview John Farrell for their managerial position.
    Posted by mrmojo1120[/QUOTE]

Your Joni Mitchell line is quite appropriate in this area ....

I am somewhat amused - ruefully so - that there were so many hot to get Farrell out of our dug out ...  

One season of Curt Young and folks are singing, "These are the good old days."  Meaning when Farrell was here ...

Managing in Boston, the best worst job in baseball or the worst best job in baseball ....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from walterjohnson07. Show walterjohnson07's posts

Makes perfect sense. Why would the Jays do anything to aid a division rival? One other item in the Francona Factor: Adept at handling the voracious Boston media. Not for the faint-hearted and he did a great job at that as well. Thanks Terry!

Sections
Shortcuts