So of the forum had a get together at the Cask n' Flagon who would you want to punch?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Re: So of the forum had a get together at the Cask n' Flagon who would you want to punch?

Anyone who wants to punch anyone in this forum takes it way too seriously. Admittedly, I hoped softy would lose his Internet passwords over the years...but that's about it

I think most people took it in jest - I didn't see it as particularly witty but if we required witty posts to start out threads the forum would get even quieter. 

Getting offended by it seems a waste of energy to me, and I can understand why the mods have let the thread play out. I don't see how this thread is inappropriate but then on another thread, calling other forum members crybabies in a thread title is just fine though.

To me both are ok, but neither thread has some kind of Internet moral high ground. 

On the plus side we are up in the 6th...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RigatoniT. Show RigatoniT's posts

Re: So of the forum had a get together at the Cask n' Flagon who would you want to punch?

The Mods agree with you 67? The OP stayed up for 3 days.... how many times did you hit the report abuse button? You are likely one unfriendly neighbor without any imagination.... Oh wait, you have a big imagination because of your beliefs.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from youkillus. Show youkillus's posts

I would punch those guys talking about the NFL draft.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I've changed my mind on Bill after his latest mindless unprovoked assault on Ortiz. He deserves to take a few shots.

[/QUOTE]

And I've contributed my daily share. 

[/QUOTE]

Yes you have.  I'll have to pitch in more.  After his post today in the 'Anemic' thread, there's no defence for the guy.  He's an idiot.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RigatoniT. Show RigatoniT's posts

In response to youkillus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I would punch those guys talking about the NFL draft.

[/QUOTE]

Word.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Reproduced in all its glory from the 'Anemic' thread:

Hold on there BIG FELLA......  You/WE can't talk about "BIG CONTRACT PAPI" like that.......   You know how it works, make the DEMANDS, have the FRONT OFFICE CAVE, and then produce like the true 38/44 year old that you are......

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RigatoniT. Show RigatoniT's posts

Hfxsoxnut  another great poster.... you are in my list man, the good list  that is!  

Maybe I should scare people and start a thread about who I would hug at the Cask..... lol

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

[QUOTE]

Hold on there BIG FELLA......  You/WE can't talk about "BIG CONTRACT PAPI" like that.......   You know how it works, make the DEMANDS, have the FRONT OFFICE CAVE, and then produce like the true 38/44 year old that you are......

[/QUOTE]

Bill is a quack. DAD is probably Donald Sterling.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RigatoniT. Show RigatoniT's posts

67redsox cannot understand why people who don't care for Bill-806 gravitate to his threads and posts to complain or assail him.... yet 67 hates this thread and how many times has 67 visited this thread to complain about it?

Hypocrite premium.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to 2013soxchamps' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Bill is a quack. DAD is probably Donald Sterling.

[/QUOTE]

"Bill is a quack." Dad is probably Donald Duck.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to RigatoniT's comment:

67redsox cannot understand why people who don't care for Bill-806 gravitate to his threads and posts to complain or assail him.... yet 67 hates this thread and how many times has 67 visited this thread to complain about it?

Hypocrite premium.

67 is pizzed because she thought the movie NOAH wasn't true to the book. I felt the same way when I saw the movie SON OF FLUBBER.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to RigatoniT's comment:

[QUOTE]

Hypocrite premium.

[/QUOTE]

67 is pizzed because she thought the movie NOAH wasn't true to the book. I felt the same way when I saw the movie SON OF FLUBBER.

[/QUOTE]

Almost spit my morning Bloody Mary out on that one.....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

[/QUOTE]

"Bill is a quack." Dad is probably Donald Duck.

[/QUOTE]

BINGO!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Bill believes Ortiz has a bloated contract apparently and has worked the front office to his advantage. I do not agree with him. However, why is he not entitled to his opinion as we are entitled to ours? 

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Bill believes Ortiz has a bloated contract apparently and has worked the front office to his advantage. I do not agree with him. However, why is he not entitled to his opinion as we are entitled to ours? 

[/QUOTE]

I take issue with Bill's persistently abusive and ill-informed comments about Ortiz.  I'm defending Ortiz, and that is my prerogative.   

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You're right, PG, Bill is entitled to his opinions. However, don't confuse Bill with a real SOX fan. No 'real' SOX fan would dump all over Ortiz the way Bill does. Ortiz is the single most reason that the SOX have 3 WC's.

Bill is either a plant, working for the BDC, or he's here only for attention by posting some of the most vacuous threads on the board. Either way, he deserves what's thrown back at him. Also, his transparent insults of the current administration are another fragment of his agenda.

I almost feel sorry for the guy, nah!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I take issue with Bill's persistently abusive and ill-informed comments about Ortiz.  I'm defending Ortiz, and that is my prerogative.   

[/QUOTE]

Of course you have that right but I think calling him an idiot is the kind of personal attack the mods want to avoid.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

You're right, PG, Bill is entitled to his opinions. However, don't confuse Bill with a real SOX fan. No 'real' SOX fan would dump all over Ortiz the way Bill does. Ortiz is the single most reason that the SOX have 3 WC's.

Bill is either a plant, working for the BDC, or he's here only for attention by posting some of the most vacuous threads on the board. Either way, he deserves what's thrown back at him. Also, his transparent insults of the current administration are another fragment of his agenda.

Bill is as much of a Sox fan as anyone else here. He has what I think is a warped viewpoint on Ortiz as well as of the front office. I don't bother to debate him much any more about it because he isn't going to change his mind. However, that does not make Bill an idiot or any other of the colorful words used to describe him here. Fact is, its likely no one here really knows Bill well enough to judge him. I am not going to be one of the posters who engage in internet bullying by repeatedly insulting Bill with defamatory names.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

But it's OK for Bill to call people who have different views from him lib/left moonbats, right?

And to keep describing Ortiz as 38 going on 44 etc. in spite of repeated requests by reasonable people for him to stop?

The guy is no innocent victim.  He brings it all on himself, knowingly.    

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Bill is either a plant, working for the BDC, or he's here only for attention by posting some of the most vacuous threads on the board. Either way, he deserves what's thrown back at him. Also, his transparent insults of the current administration are another fragment of his agenda.

[/QUOTE]As DAD would say ........  "SON, THE TRUTH WILL NEVER HURT YOU" !!!  Give it a try, Bogie !!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

But it's OK for Bill to call people who have different views from him lib/left moonbats, right?

And to keep describing Ortiz as 38 going on 44 etc. in spite of repeated requests by reasonable people for him to stop?

[/QUOTE]

I do not recall Bill ever writing this kind of thing: "HFX is a lib/left moonbat". He writes stuff in GENERAL terms disdaining the liberal wing. Can you show me an example where he initiated a personal attack on another poster? So what if he dislikes Ortiz and writes posts to express that opinion, no matter how warped his reasoning is. I disagree with almost everything he writes here but frankly, he doesn't bother me. I just move on to the next post. I realize he irritates a lot of people here and maybe he is doing some of that intentionally just to stir the pot sometimes. I just view his opinions about Ortiz and the FO as misguided and illogical, but certainly not offensive.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

[/QUOTE]
    I do not recall Bill ever writing this kind of thing: "HFX is a lib/left moonbat". He writes stuff in GENERAL terms disdaining the liberal wing. Can you show me an example where he initiated a personal attack on another poster? So what if he dislikes Ortiz and writes posts to express that opinion, no matter how warped his reasoning is. I disagree with almost everything he writes here but frankly, he doesn't bother me. I just move on to the next post. I realize he irritates a lot of people here and maybe he is doing some of that intentionally just to stir the pot sometimes. I just view his opinions about Ortiz and the FO as misguided and illogical, but certainly not offensive.

[/QUOTE]

I'm sure there are people here that irritate you pumpsie..... the same way Bill irritates many.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well said pumsie.  I get a kick out of some here who say bill is offensive. I guess they don't read some of their own nasty posts directed at me.  The pot calling the kettle black.  Can't have it both ways.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]As DAD would say ........  "SON, THE TRUTH WILL NEVER HURT YOU" !!!  Give it a try, Bogie !!

[/QUOTE]

As Bill-SFB Dad would say……………….".Bill, my son, education will never hurt you!!" Give it a try; you're embarrassing the whole family."

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well said pumsie.  I get a kick out of some here who say bill is offensive. I guess they don't read some of their own nasty posts directed at me.  The pot calling the kettle black.  Can't have it both ways.

[/QUOTE]

I always read my own posts directed at you. I check for spelling and punctuation errors.