So of the forum had a get together at the Cask n' Flagon who would you want to punch?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

Re: So of the forum had a get together at the Cask n' Flagon who would you want to punch?

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Thanks kim. I don't understand why he is getting away with the personal attacks. Both rigatoni and bogi are guilty of this. I don't know why the mods don't stop them. This thread is offensive on so many levels. I thought it would be deleted by now

67, I don't see it as particularly offensive. It was intended to be humorous, which is the way I take it. In point of fact, if people were to get together at Cask 'n Flagon, no one would punch anyone. We would all find common ground and get along just fine-probably with the kind of gentle ribbing that you see here as personal attacks. I am sure if these escalate it will capture the attention of the mods, but so far it seems pretty low key IMO.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

[/QUOTE]

THATS A BINGO

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Re: So of the forum had a get together at the Cask n' Flagon who would you want to punch?

In response to slasher9's comment:

[QUOTE]

Thanks kim. I don't understand why he is getting away with the personal attacks. Both rigatoni and bogi are guilty of this. I don't know why the mods don't stop them. This thread is offensive on so many levels. I thought it would be deleted by now

67, I don't see it as particularly offensive. It was intended to be humorous, which is the way I take it. In point of fact, if people were to get together at Cask 'n Flagon, no one would punch anyone. We would all find common ground and get along just fine-probably with the kind of gentle ribbing that you see here as personal attacks. I am sure if these escalate it will capture the attention of the mods, but so far it seems pretty low key IMO.

THATS A BINGO

[/QUOTE] LOL...Slasher-806 :-)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Exactly.  Honestly.....the two people you mention (67/kimmiesayscrap) are simply boring/vanilla.  I think they would simply be out of place in any social event and they recognize this so they try to rain on a humorous thread.  Sure Bogie said something about hitting 67 but it was clearly a joke...he said it was a joke and then said of course he would never do that...ALL IN THE SAME POST.  67 though being who she is only takes out one little piece of it and blasts him for it.  The amusing part is...when we do that she and husband Bill call us immoral and Libs.......

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

The mods deleted the post where he said he wanted to punch me.  I can take a joke as well as the next person, I'm Irish after all.  I just don't find what he said very funny.  His constant personal attacks are not allowed here.  I have him on ignore because it appears that he has no self control when it comes to saying nasty things.

I guess guys find punching each other funny.  For some strange reason a women doesn't chuckle when she reads a guy would like to punch her.  Go figure.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

be cool and ignore, right.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:
    [/QUOTE]

The mods deleted the post where he said he wanted to punch me.  I can take a joke as well as the next person, I'm Irish after all.  I just don't find what he said very funny.  His constant personal attacks are not allowed here.  I have him on ignore because it appears that he has no self control when it comes to saying nasty things.

I guess guys find punching each other funny.  For some strange reason a women doesn't chuckle when she reads a guy would like to punch her.  Go figure.

[/QUOTE]

I agree with you to some extent....however I'm sure if he/she saw you in person he/she wouldn't literally punch you in the face. It was just something said on an anonymous forum, for all any of us know you could be claiming to be a woman when actually a man.....so it can't be a personal attack.

Speaking of punching in the face.....there's a woman who writes a blog about people she'd like to punch in the throat....her blog is very funny.

http://www.peopleiwanttopunchinthethroat.com/

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Who punches someone over what they post on a sports forum?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Mel Gibson or Russell Crowe? It has to be one of them or maybe both.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to 2013soxchamps' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to 67redsox's comment:
    [/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree with you to some extent....however I'm sure if he/she saw you in person he/she wouldn't literally punch you in the face. It was just something said on an anonymous forum, for all any of us know you could be claiming to be a woman when actually a man.....so it can't be a personal attack.

Speaking of punching in the face.....there's a woman who writes a blog about people she'd like to punch in the throat....her blog is very funny.

http://www.peopleiwanttopunchinthethroat.com/" rel="nofollow">http://www.peopleiwanttopunchinthethroat.com/

[/QUOTE]

If I saw 67 in person, I'd probably run in the opposite direction at high speed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Ignorant people.  For some reason the op and others think it's funny.  It must be me but I don't think threatening to punch a woman is ever funny even in jest.

The mods deleted the original post so I guess they agree with me.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

I've changed my mind on Bill after his latest mindless unprovoked assault on Ortiz. He deserves to take a few shots.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I've changed my mind on Bill after his latest mindless unprovoked assault on Ortiz. He deserves to take a few shots.

[/QUOTE]

And I've contributed my daily share. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Anyone who wants to punch anyone in this forum takes it way too seriously. Admittedly, I hoped softy would lose his Internet passwords over the years...but that's about it

I think most people took it in jest - I didn't see it as particularly witty but if we required witty posts to start out threads the forum would get even quieter. 

Getting offended by it seems a waste of energy to me, and I can understand why the mods have let the thread play out. I don't see how this thread is inappropriate but then on another thread, calling other forum members crybabies in a thread title is just fine though.

To me both are ok, but neither thread has some kind of Internet moral high ground. 

On the plus side we are up in the 6th...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from youkillus. Show youkillus's posts

I would punch those guys talking about the NFL draft.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And I've contributed my daily share. 

[/QUOTE]

Yes you have.  I'll have to pitch in more.  After his post today in the 'Anemic' thread, there's no defence for the guy.  He's an idiot.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Reproduced in all its glory from the 'Anemic' thread:

Hold on there BIG FELLA......  You/WE can't talk about "BIG CONTRACT PAPI" like that.......   You know how it works, make the DEMANDS, have the FRONT OFFICE CAVE, and then produce like the true 38/44 year old that you are......

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

[QUOTE]

Hold on there BIG FELLA......  You/WE can't talk about "BIG CONTRACT PAPI" like that.......   You know how it works, make the DEMANDS, have the FRONT OFFICE CAVE, and then produce like the true 38/44 year old that you are......

[/QUOTE]

Bill is a quack. DAD is probably Donald Sterling.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to 2013soxchamps' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Bill is a quack. DAD is probably Donald Sterling.

[/QUOTE]

"Bill is a quack." Dad is probably Donald Duck.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to RigatoniT's comment:

67redsox cannot understand why people who don't care for Bill-806 gravitate to his threads and posts to complain or assail him.... yet 67 hates this thread and how many times has 67 visited this thread to complain about it?

Hypocrite premium.

67 is pizzed because she thought the movie NOAH wasn't true to the book. I felt the same way when I saw the movie SON OF FLUBBER.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to RigatoniT's comment:

[QUOTE]

67redsox cannot understand why people who don't care for Bill-806 gravitate to his threads and posts to complain or assail him.... yet 67 hates this thread and how many times has 67 visited this thread to complain about it?

Hypocrite premium.

[/QUOTE]

67 is pizzed because she thought the movie NOAH wasn't true to the book. I felt the same way when I saw the movie SON OF FLUBBER.

[/QUOTE]

Almost spit my morning Bloody Mary out on that one.....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

[/QUOTE]

"Bill is a quack." Dad is probably Donald Duck.

[/QUOTE]

BINGO!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Bill believes Ortiz has a bloated contract apparently and has worked the front office to his advantage. I do not agree with him. However, why is he not entitled to his opinion as we are entitled to ours? 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]

Bill believes Ortiz has a bloated contract apparently and has worked the front office to his advantage. I do not agree with him. However, why is he not entitled to his opinion as we are entitled to ours? 

[/QUOTE]

I take issue with Bill's persistently abusive and ill-informed comments about Ortiz.  I'm defending Ortiz, and that is my prerogative.   

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You're right, PG, Bill is entitled to his opinions. However, don't confuse Bill with a real SOX fan. No 'real' SOX fan would dump all over Ortiz the way Bill does. Ortiz is the single most reason that the SOX have 3 WC's.

Bill is either a plant, working for the BDC, or he's here only for attention by posting some of the most vacuous threads on the board. Either way, he deserves what's thrown back at him. Also, his transparent insults of the current administration are another fragment of his agenda.

I almost feel sorry for the guy, nah!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I take issue with Bill's persistently abusive and ill-informed comments about Ortiz.  I'm defending Ortiz, and that is my prerogative.   

[/QUOTE]

Of course you have that right but I think calling him an idiot is the kind of personal attack the mods want to avoid.