so we are going to giveup sundays game with wake

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxyjim. Show soxyjim's posts

so we are going to giveup sundays game with wake

this is just great another beatdown with wake.i can not defend coma any more.
    i love to watch the sox but i can not watch this.i will work outside and get the score later.this is just a pity start and we will lose.he will give up 8 runs before
    coma takes him out.see ya monday sox fans.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGreatAnton7. Show TheGreatAnton7's posts

Re: so we are going to giveup sundays game with wake

sfvs

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

haha.  I would also like to submit this as a candidate for Thread-To-Be-Bumped-4-a-Good-Laugh all summer.

Fraudulent, no heart so-called fans.

Thanks for bumping this, whoever you are.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

How did the yard work go?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I disagree with spaceman, if only because most of us were worried about what Wake could do.  The OP is a little over the top, but what Wakefield did on Sunday was a pretty big surprise for everybody:  70% of his pitches were strikes; he needed only 76 pitches to get thru 5.2 innings; one run given up (and that was mostly Jenks fault); shut down Ichiro, who had been beating us like a drum; no stolen bases, but a caught stealing on a pitchout; outpitched last year's Cy Young award winner; got the Sox a win when they badly needed one.  I would have been happy with 5 innings and 3 runs and expected maybe 4 innings and 4 runs. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsnsox4me. Show patsnsox4me's posts

In Response to so we are going to giveup sundays game with wake:
    this is just great another beatdown with wake.i can not defend coma any more. i love to watch the sox but i can not watch this.i will work outside and get the score later.this is just a pity start and we will lose.he will give up 8 runs before coma takes him out.see ya monday sox fans.
    Posted by soxyjim

How do you like your Crow?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: so we are going to giveup sundays game with wake:
    I disagree with spaceman, if only because most of us were worried about what Wake could do.  The OP is a little over the top, but what Wakefield did on Sunday was a pretty big surprise for everybody:  70% of his pitches were strikes; he needed only 76 pitches to get thru 5.2 innings; one run given up (and that was mostly Jenks fault); shut down Ichiro, who had been beating us like a drum; no stolen bases, but a caught stealing on a pitchout; outpitched last year's Cy Young award winner; got the Sox a win when they badly needed one.  I would have been happy with 5 innings and 3 runs and expected maybe 4 innings and 4 runs. 
    Posted by maxbialystock

Max - I do not take issue with doubting Wake's ability to get it done.  Upon waking on Sunday, I myself took a long swallow and prepared myself mentally for what could be a glum afternoon.

What I take issue with is writing the game off.  Its baseball.  The #1 golden rule is Ya Just Never Know.  

The Sox start 0-6, and a large number of posters made it clear that this team is obviously dead in the water.  Really?

Remember all the people who eulogized and buried David Ortiz the past two springs?

Wake is not in the rotation because he just can't be consistent enough anymore to even be an "innings eater".  But that doesn't mean the dude can't compete.  On sunday, I am skeptical with the matchup before me, but i am no question giving Wake a glimmer of hope and rooting for my Red Sox.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from maddog2020. Show maddog2020's posts

I was at Sunday's game and did not have the best feeling - but I was also at Saturday's game in thought they would kill Doug Fister  - you never know what the heck is going to happen.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

In Response to Re: so we are going to giveup sundays game with wake : Max - I do not take issue with doubting Wake's ability to get it done.  Upon waking on Sunday, I myself took a long swallow and prepared myself mentally for what could be a glum afternoon. What I take issue with is writing the game off.  Its baseball.  The #1 golden rule is Ya Just Never Know.   The Sox start 0-6, and a large number of posters made it clear that this team is obviously dead in the water.  Really? Remember all the people who eulogized and buried David Ortiz the past two springs? Wake is not in the rotation because he just can't be consistent enough anymore to even be an "innings eater".  But that doesn't mean the dude can't compete.  On sunday, I am skeptical with the matchup before me, but i am no question giving Wake a glimmer of hope and rooting for my Red Sox.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus

Agree completely that Sunday was not a write-off.  Wake showed why they kept him another year.  In a pinch and on a good day, he can dazzle with the knuckler. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConcernTroll. Show ConcernTroll's posts

Posted by maxbialystock

Correct but you didn't start a thread about it like the above known troll did. Some posters act like loyal fans and others pretend to be concerned.

Sections
Shortcuts