So, What Pitchers Should the Red Sox have paid market value for?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: So, What Pitchers Should the Red Sox have paid market value for?

...I say that not because of what I write, but the way I approach the subject matter.

This may be true, Americans have gotten used to reading lies, distortions, misrepresentations, and coded racism and bigoty, and some might even fall for your "approach" and not see it as blatant propaganda.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to Softlaw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

coded racism and bigoty

"They get bitter, they cling to guns or religion"

[/QUOTE]

Exactly, thanks for bringing up an example that proves my point.

How's Hank Jr doing these days?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

As points of reference:

29-year-old righthander Gavin Floyd has posted a career WAR of 16.9 in 1,127 innings covering 194 games, including 182 starts.

28-year-old righthander Anibal Sanchez, who has a career WAR of 14.7 in 869 innings covering 145 games, including 144 starts, landed a five-year, $80 million contract.

29-year-old righthander Edwin Jackson, who has a career WAR of 16.9 in 1,268.2 innings covering 234 games, including 204 starts, landed a four-year, $52 million contract.

Trivia: The Baseball America preseason list ranked Gavin Floyd the No. 35 prospect in 2005, Anibal Sanchez the No. 40 prospect in 2006 and Edwin Jackson the No. 30 prospect in 2005.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

BA's top 100 players are pretty darn good. It averages out to about the best 3 prospects from all 30 teams. That's like Bogaerts, Bradley and Barnes x 30.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:
    [QUOTE]

McCarthy signed a 2-year, $15 million deal with Arizona.  Boston should have signed him instead. 

I really hope Boston signs Marcum but I doubt it. 

[/QUOTE]

Not exactly sure what the buzz is about McCarthy (cheap isn't alway a good thing)....He's never, as in ever! Stayed healthy enough to pitch a full season with 30 starts or 200 innings since coming to the big leagues and the guy will be 30 this July...I simply don't get what the fuss is about...sure the guy has the stuff to be a quality guy...but he makes JD drew look like an iron man...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In response to hill55's comment:
    [QUOTE]

As points of reference:

29-year-old righthander Gavin Floyd has posted a career WAR of 16.9 in 1,127 innings covering 194 games, including 182 starts.

28-year-old righthander Anibal Sanchez, who has a career WAR of 14.7 in 869 innings covering 145 games, including 144 starts, landed a five-year, $80 million contract.

29-year-old righthander Edwin Jackson, who has a career WAR of 16.9 in 1,268.2 innings covering 234 games, including 204 starts, landed a four-year, $52 million contract.

Trivia: The Baseball America preseason list ranked Gavin Floyd the No. 35 prospect in 2005, Anibal Sanchez the No. 40 prospect in 2006 and Edwin Jackson the No. 30 prospect in 2005.

[/QUOTE]

I'd take any of the three with Sanchez being the guy that I'd be most concerned with due to already having had shoulder issues earlier in his career....all are good starters that keep their team in games...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to Beantowne's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

As points of reference:

[/QUOTE]

I'd take any of the three with Sanchez being the guy that I'd be most concerned with due to already having had shoulder issues earlier in his career....all are good starters that keep their team in games...

[/QUOTE]

But, Sanchez has had 190 IP for 3 straight seasons.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to Softlaw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If you don't comment with specific names that you would pay FA market or trade market price which are now paint by numbers known for most of the FA and trade SP MLBTR names, I'll assume you agree with the current 2013 Red Sox starting pitching staff.

[/QUOTE]

Well how much is the fair market per pound for these guys

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Another option:

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index.php/daily-notes-ft-a-javy-vazquez-status-update-update/

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

[QUOTE]

Another option:

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index.php/daily-notes-ft-a-javy-vazquez-status-update-update/

[/QUOTE]

Vazquez could be an option for many teams.  Mariners included.  He could still get to 3,000 strikeouts.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to vtfanofcs's comment:

Vazquez could be an option for many teams.  Mariners included.  He could still get to 3,000 strikeouts.

I recall that as a free agent in the past Javier Vazquez has chosen not to sign with a West Coast team.

Sections
Shortcuts