SO WHEN DO WE PLUG IN CRAWFORD AT THE 2 AND DROP PEDY TO 7TH?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

SO WHEN DO WE PLUG IN CRAWFORD AT THE 2 AND DROP PEDY TO 7TH?

its time, its time. i love pedy like everyone else but its time to put craw and his speed up ath the 2 next to ells. you have to hit youk third and move gonzo to the four hole but it shouldnt be a problem. you just want to make sure its a permanent move. i would hit lowrie 6th and drew 8th. drew will thrive without any pressure on him. pedy is having serious issues with the inside fastball. its like his old commercial has become reality. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: SO WHEN DO WE PLUG IN CRAWFORD AT THE 2 AND DROP PEDY TO 7TH?

Good question Commy-Con.  I was musing upon that last night.  Wouldn't mind seeing it happen.  See what Crawbury finally looks like.  And also maybe take a little pressure off of Dustin.  Perhaps it risks chipping at his confidence.  But it looks pretty shot as is, the way he is muttering to himself and looking forlorn.  I say lets make it happen.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

FOR A COMMIE-BARRRRRSTAD, YOU KNOW YOUR BASEBALL !!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ---The--Babe--1. Show ---The--Babe--1's posts

I agree that the hobbit looks shot but not sure that plugging in an overpaid .210 hitting corner OF'er in the 2 hole is the answer. Maybe lowrie.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Two problems with that.  First, Francona hates leading off with three lefties in a row.  Second, Pedey might be coming out of the slump--two hits last night, one the game before--and overall he's a better hitter than Crawford. 

Pedey going to 7th, on the other hand, might help him. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: SO WHEN DO WE PLUG IN CRAWFORD AT THE 2 AND DROP PEDY TO 7TH?:
    Two problems with that.  First, Francona hates leading off with three lefties in a row.  Second, Pedey might be coming out of the slump--two hits last night, one the game before--and overall he's a better hitter than Crawford.  Pedey going to 7th, on the other hand, might help him. 
    Posted by maxbialystock

yea, good point.  the three lefties sort of trumps anything good about this idea.  I hadn't factored that in.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: SO WHEN DO WE PLUG IN CRAWFORD AT THE 2 AND DROP PEDY TO 7TH?:
    In Response to Re: SO WHEN DO WE PLUG IN CRAWFORD AT THE 2 AND DROP PEDY TO 7TH? : yea, good point.  the three lefties sort of trumps anything good about this idea.  I hadn't factored that in.  
    Posted by SpacemanEephus
    what three lefties? switch hitting catcher-ells-craw-youk-gonzo... 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Pedey is 5 of his last 16 with no Ks and a few (forget number) walks.

I say leave the lineup as is for now.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: SO WHEN DO WE PLUG IN CRAWFORD AT THE 2 AND DROP PEDY TO 7TH? : what three lefties? switch hitting catcher-ells-craw-youk-gonzo... 
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN

that is making an addition switch with gonzo/youk.  i like adrian in the three.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Pedey is 5 of his last 16 with no Ks and a few (forget number) walks. I say leave the lineup as is for now.
    Posted by royf19
    YOU guys may be right. the issue i actually have is not so much craw at the 2 hole but then after youk, you will have gonzo AND ortiz. interestingly papi is hitting higher versus lefties than he is with righties out there. but again, iwould rather give it short early in the season than waiting for the crunch days of august and september. 

Sections
Shortcuts