1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Re: SO, when do we start to worry about ONE

No need to worry unnecessarily.  Don't borrow trouble ....

Papi came in last ST ready to ignite his former style and did.  I know you speak of the injury, but if they are working with him preventatively, it may just be an issue that we get through.

You are right that it is a concern.  But I hope the Sox are working with Papi to answere it positively.

Happy New Year, Bill and Dad!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

hes been getting thinner and thinner for the past 2 years.. did you see papi last season? lean and running like a gazelle. heck, he even beat out a couple of infield hits last season. he wants to stay in the game as long as [possible and is taking action to do so. the achilles thing is a littlke scary but hes had a long time to recover. i don't think it will be an issue next season.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

hes been getting thinner and thinner for the past 2 years.. did you see papi last season? lean and running like a gazelle. heck, he even beat out a couple of infield hits last season. he wants to stay in the game as long as [possible and is taking action to do so. the achilles thing is a littlke scary but hes had a long time to recover. i don't think it will be an issue next season.

He was flashing some pretty good leather at 1st in the Phillies series too.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to Softlaw1's comment:

Ortiz is near the end. He's the only Red Sox player who has produced at a high level almost every single season he's been here, yet he's not a fan favorite and has caught a lot of abuse on this Board. I've defended him for years as the most important player producer and leader the Red Sox have. However, wear and tear and age have taking a toll with the bad wheel during 2012. Big mistake to offer more than 1 year. My hope is that Ortiz makes it through 2013 and produces at a high level, but I am not optimistic. He's earned his golden parachute if he washed up in 2013, but Red Sox management will need to avoid a Varitek and Wastefield type of embarrassment.

Ortiz is by far the most popular Red Sox followed by Pedroia.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Ortiz is near the end. He's the only Red Sox player who has produced at a high level almost every single season he's been here, yet he's not a fan favorite and has caught a lot of abuse on this Board. I've defended him for years as the most important player producer and leader the Red Sox have. However, wear and tear and age have taking a toll with the bad wheel during 2012. Big mistake to offer more than 1 year. My hope is that Ortiz makes it through 2013 and produces at a high level, but I am not optimistic. He's earned his golden parachute if he washed up in 2013, but Red Sox management will need to avoid a Varitek and Wastefield type of embarrassment.

yeah idk what your talking about. almost everyone on the board likes papi and he is hands down the face of RSN. when he retires there will be a parade thrown in his honour and possibly a national holiday.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

yeah idk what your talking about. almost everyone on the board likes papi and he is hands down the face of RSN. when he retires there will be a parade thrown in his honour and possibly a national holiday.

softy wanted Papi to be demoted to AAA on a falsified DL/rehab assignment a few years back. Now, he pretends I wanted him DFA'd and everyone but him is a racist and Papi basher.

Papi is the biggest Sox hero since before anyone of us can remember. I'm glad he will retire in a Sox uniform. 

I expect him to have a decent 2013, especially if those around him in the line-up can keep the opposing pitchers honest. It would help if we added Upton, but I doubt that happens.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelsjr. Show michaelsjr's posts

Speaking from personal experience, the heel is probably going to be an ongoing problem.  Its just the way it is.  There will be times he will just have to rest it.   Will affect his ability to run more than anything else.  Just my opinion.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Helloitsmeagain. Show Helloitsmeagain's posts

I'm sure his milkshakes will keep him productive for another season or two.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

You can worry all you want.  I'm not going to.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

I did notice that he is in better condition now. Keep him in the DH spot only. Gomez so far will be the platoon 1B and DH.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Napoli cannot run, cannot field. So I suppose he can co-DH with the other guy who cannot run or field.....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

I am sure that the front office members are saying prayers and crossing plenty of fingers hoping that Ortiz is healthy by the start of the season.  His injury last season could be a career ender.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Hey if Ortiz is on the DL than Napoli can be the DH..... what a great scenario.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts