1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobLoblaw2005a. Show BobLoblaw2005a's posts

Re: SO, when do we start to worry about ONE

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Ben Cheringtom's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Softlaw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ortiz is by far the most popular Red Sox followed by Pedroia.

False. He's been based more than any other player besides Lugo. Ellsbury has been the most popular Red Sox player, by far. His supporters have started to erode, as the writing is on the wall, but the gushing about how great the guys has been nothing short of hysteria. Ellsbury career is a bad single A player, compared to Ortiz. We all know why Ortiz has never been as popular.

Moonshwemp wanted Ortiz DFA in response to the Olney report that Ortiz was going to be DFA.. To avoid the fan abuse, I wanted Ortiz given minor league injury rehab. Moonshwemp keeps aping "fake rehab", but he doesn't have a clue about MLB works. Veteran players with high miles have more injury issues. In fact, Ortiz most certainly wasn't producing because of an injury, which later affected his confidence. The DL and minor league rehab was the correct move, but more incompetent Red Sox management allowed the Red Sox fans to eat up the DFA talk and claim Ortiz was washed up, years ago. I was alone in saying he would return to high producing form, that season.

Moonshemp is deeply embarrassed by his years of whining about how Ortiz couldn't hit LH pitching. While he has site promotional status on this Board, all who read a small portion of his constant comments will know how absurd that position was. 

[/QUOTE]

you are a loon.

[/QUOTE]   As  DAD would say............  "SON, IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING GOOD TO SAY, THEN DON'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL" !!!!

[/QUOTE]

But then "Cheringtom" would never be heard from.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Ortiz is near the end. He's the only Red Sox player who has produced at a high level almost every single season he's been here, yet he's not a fan favorite and has caught a lot of abuse on this Board. I've defended him for years as the most important player producer and leader the Red Sox have. However, wear and tear and age have taking a toll with the bad wheel during 2012. Big mistake to offer more than 1 year. My hope is that Ortiz makes it through 2013 and produces at a high level, but I am not optimistic. He's earned his golden parachute if he washed up in 2013, but Red Sox management will need to avoid a Varitek and Wastefield type of embarrassment.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

True. Anyone who actually attends a game at Fenway Park knows that Papi draws the most applause. Only a blind propagandist with an agenda would say otherwise.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]

True. Anyone who actually attends a game at Fenway Park knows that Papi draws the most applause

False. People only listen to what they want to hear when it's convenient. Like you, for instance. My Brother-In-Law lives near Boston and goes to a lot of the games. He tells me that Pedroia, then Ellsbury, have received the loudest applause in the last four years.

[/QUOTE]

well genius. people hear what they want to hear and your brother-in-law must want to hear the crowd cheer for pedey and big numbah two....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I wanted Papi platooned or moved down in the line-up from the 3 slot after over a year of struggling mightily vs LHPs, but of course softy can't comprehend a word he reads, so he distorts and deludes instead. 

I never wanted Papi DFA'd. He knows it. I know it. Anyone here at the time knows it. softy needs lieds and misrepresentation to make himself look better. Better than zero is hard to work with.

The guy wanted Papi sent to AAA and now pretends he has always defended him.

Silly clown.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]

True. Anyone who actually attends a game at Fenway Park knows that Papi draws the most applause

False. People only listen to what they want to hear when it's convenient. Like you, for instance. My Brother-In-Law lives near Boston and goes to a lot of the games. He tells me that Pedroia, then Ellsbury, have received the loudest applause in the last four years.

[/QUOTE]

3rd hand drivel.

Try going to a game.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]

False. He's been based more than any other player besides Lugo. Ellsbury has been the most popular Red Sox player, by far. His supporters have started to erode, as the writing is on the wall, but the gushing about how great the guys has been nothing short of hysteria. Ellsbury career is a bad single A player, compared to Ortiz. We all know why Ortiz has never been as popular.

Moonshwemp wanted Ortiz DFA in response to the Olney report that Ortiz was going to be DFA.. To avoid the fan abuse, I wanted Ortiz given minor league injury rehab. Moonshwemp keeps aping "fake rehab", but he doesn't have a clue about MLB works. Veteran players with high miles have more injury issues. In fact, Ortiz most certainly wasn't producing because of an injury, which later affected his confidence. The DL and minor league rehab was the correct move, but more incompetent Red Sox management allowed the Red Sox fans to eat up the DFA talk and claim Ortiz was washed up, years ago. I was alone in saying he would return to high producing form, that season.

Moonshemp is deeply embarrassed by his years of whining about how Ortiz couldn't hit LH pitching. While he has site promotional status on this Board, all who read a small portion of his constant comments will know how absurd that position was. 

[/QUOTE]

Wow, Lugo? Look at jersey sales and endorsement, actually travel to any place beside your computer desk. You created this idea that Papi is hated because it helps you seem like a better fan. Who on the Sox has his own salsa and resturant and night club and golf tournament and ...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He had better get his hearing checked.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

The HEEL is a much taken for granted part of the body......  I hope he comes back 110%, but the odds are against him !!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

[QUOTE]

As I said last September, that type of injury to a "player" his size & age" may/will be tough to come back from !!!   WHAT SAY YOU, all you smart ones ?????

[/QUOTE]

I say you were wrong.  Tongue Out

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

What people overlook about Ortiz's injury was that he didn't need surgery. Yes, it was bad enough that he couldn't finish the season, but it wasn't bad enough that he needed surgery. It still was able to heal w/o surgery, so that told me it wasn't a potential career-ending.

The reason he needed more time in the spring and at the beginning of the season had to do with his legs not being ready because of the layoff, not because injury. When he complained about soreness when he started actitivities in the spring, he said it wasn't the spot of the injury. It simply that he needed to get back in shape because of the inactivity.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to 2013soxchamps' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

As I said last September, that type of injury to a "player" his size & age" may/will be tough to come back from !!!   WHAT SAY YOU, all you smart ones ?????

[/QUOTE]

I say you were wrong.  Tongue Out

[/QUOTE]The Government was to DESTROY these files !!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

ok..bumping a thread from Aug. 2013 was bad enough..but JAN. ???...c'mon even Ortiz would say.."alright now fellas" :-)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

We mine as well start the...."when do we start to worry about Xander Bogaerts thread" now.

...and one day a week or 20 years from now I'll be all like "see see see see see see see see I told ya so" 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Wow, dragging a thread from last september back to the front page... That's pathetic even for Bill-806. Yell

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

In response to carnie's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wow, dragging a thread from last september back to the front page... That's pathetic even for Bill-806. Yell

[/QUOTE]

Sorry...it was I that brought it to the front..... I love bringing these things back.

Kind of like how the Ortiz haters like to bring up the past.... I hope the haters will get the point.

Laughing

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

Ortiz should pick right up where left off last year.  He looks in good shape, not as thin as his twitter picture, of which I am very glad.  Probably get 10 homers in the first 30 days.

19. This post has been removed.