So when does a Red Sox farmhand gain "experience" ?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: So when does a Red Sox farmhand gain

In response to RigatoniT's comment:

Clowns, Clowns, Clowns !!!!!  

Would JBJR or Xander better serve the team in 2015 if we kept them in Triple A all year? What is wrong with you fools? 86 years without a title and all I hear is "whine whine whine" .....  

Would it not be best for our players to get their "feet wet" and experience in 2014 then 2015?

Another thread on JBJR or Xander or Mookie (oh it will come soon enough)....

I have actually become to despise some of you.

Exactly, right. They have to be brought up at some point, to see what they've got. All we hear is bring them up, then when they're here and don't produce right away, wonder and question why. When will everyone learn unless or until they're proven, on the mlb level, regardless of how well they're doing in the minors, they're prospects and need time to adjust and develope in the majors. How many Tony C's are out there?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

There are only two opportunities to bring them up, and according to some posters neither are good times to do it.

If we bring them up when we're fighting for that #1 spot....  Well, we can't do it then because if we do they might make a mistake or two that could cost us a game.  We also can't be patient while they learn to hit ML pitching because we need to win every game.

We can't bring them up now when we're six games back because... see above.  

And yet... we want to let the kids play.  Ya can't have it both ways. 

Having the right to do something doesn't make it the right thing to do.

And I have never posted here under any other names.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Excellent thread.  For my money, I love making the youth push in the year following a championship.  And the fact that, as horrendous as the offense has been in this first half, the club is still hanging around.  As S5 points out, there is no good time to trot out unproven kids.  The start of 2014 was as good a time as any.  Yeah, the offense is pretty offensive right now.  But, I can live with the growing pains.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I feel bad for Betts, I do. I totally disagree with sticking this poor kid into a lineup that is atrocious. Best time to mix in a rookie or a youngster not hitting IS WHEN THE REST OF THE TEAM IS PRODUCING. Worst time is right now when no one is doing anything. Holt is the only guy who is trying to keep a MLB job of the Newbie Nubbers.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

What's confusing me is why haven't some of the Pitchers, been given a spot start here and there in the Majors. Ranaudo has been lights out, didn't understand Doubront Start in Oakland, good time to see what the kid has against good team. Also Webster, you might want to include him a Trade, this team needs some impact bats.
    Mujica signing is holding up a kid from getting a shot at the Majors, even if its BP stint. We are going have to start thinking of next year a little. Lester I feel is gone, Koji, might be Traded. I don't trust Buchholz yet. Pitched 1 game in a Pitchers Park, the other against one of worst hitting teams in Baseball. Doubront  who knows.
    4 weeks, to see what some of these kids got, better start thinking about it now. In the middle of the season, not call-ups, better way to evaluate.

A Cub sweep at home, and I am starting to test my faith. For this year.  That's hard to do.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

[QUOTE]

Would JBJR or Xander better serve the team in 2015 if we kept them in Triple A all year? What is wrong with you fools? 86 years without a title and all I hear is "whine whine whine" .....  

Would it not be best for our players to get their "feet wet" and experience in 2014 then 2015?

[/QUOTE]

I could not agree more. When you make a commitment to bring up the kids you stick with it...and the some of the same posters who were clamoring over JBJ and Xander have become their harshest critics.

Conventional wisdom states that players from the minor league system need a couple of seasons in the majors before they really start to find their footing. Now..of course there are exceptions to every rule..but the norm is a couple of seasons.

The major problem on this team is not the newbies....it is the veterans who aren't coming through. At this point ..if the veterans on our offense don't get it going consistently..then I think we should bring up a few more minor leaguers.

Consider this..our most consistent hitter on the team is a rookie.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Excellent thread.  For my money, I love making the youth push in the year following a championship.  And the fact that, as horrendous as the offense has been in this first half, the club is still hanging around.  As S5 points out, there is no good time to trot out unproven kids.  The start of 2014 was as good a time as any.  Yeah, the offense is pretty offensive right now.  But, I can live with the growing pains.

[/QUOTE]As DAD would say .......  "SON, how ya going to keep them down on the farm" !!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to crazy-world-of-troybrown's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What's confusing me is why haven't some of the Pitchers, been given a spot start here and there in the Majors. Ranaudo has been lights out, didn't understand Doubront Start in Oakland, good time to see what the kid has against good team. Also Webster, you might want to include him a Trade, this team needs some impact bats.
    Mujica signing is holding up a kid from getting a shot at the Majors, even if its BP stint. We are going have to start thinking of next year a little. Lester I feel is gone, Koji, might be Traded. I don't trust Buchholz yet. Pitched 1 game in a Pitchers Park, the other against one of worst hitting teams in Baseball. Doubront  who knows.
    4 weeks, to see what some of these kids got, better start thinking about it now. In the middle of the season, not call-ups, better way to evaluate.

A Cub sweep at home, and I am starting to test my faith. For this year.  That's hard to do.

[/QUOTE]

It will be impossible at this time for Buchholz to pitch against thee worst hitting team in baseball.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

Speaking of the Cubs; because of where I live I was deprived of watching the first 2 exciting games against these evenly matched teams. However, ESPN, in a move to kill their ratings, is televising tonight's game. Hopefully, all the kids are playing tonight. If the SOX get swept by the Cubs at Fenway tonight, it will be the most embarrassing moment in a season full of embarrassing moments.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Exactly, right. They have to be brought up at some point, to see what they've got. All we hear is bring them up, then when they're here and don't produce right away, wonder and question why. When will everyone learn unless or until they're proven, on the mlb level, regardless of how well they're doing in the minors, they're prospects and need time to adjust and develope in the majors. How many Tony C's are out there?

[/QUOTE]

The Media gets all the fans thinking when kids are brought up that we will see superstars and can't miss players.To much hype going on and fans suck it all in.You never adjust and develop in the majors ? You show or go !!! The at bats are horrible and the kids are feeling it.Give them a look but make them look like CLOWNS? Why should they have a free pass to look stupid at the plate  and convince fans that they are the real deal? That's why Sox are having the year they are .Lets be cheap , Lets raise ticket prices, And lets tell our fans that our minor league players are the real deal...... All done with their poker face......

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

90% of the time 50% of the people are mad

bridge championship year followed by bridge year

this year is gravy on my mashed po-ta-toze

other names i have posted under:  none

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    What's funny is that for the posters who are ripping the Sox for rushing the kids, it wasn't too long ago that the Sox were being ripped for keeping the kids in the minors too long. I remember numerous threads on that subject.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to royf19's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    What's funny is that for the posters who are ripping the Sox for rushing the kids, it wasn't too long ago that the Sox were being ripped for keeping the kids in the minors too long. I remember numerous threads on that subject.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Yeah, the actual stance in any given arguement is totally irrelevant.  The only relevant thing is that it is the opposite of Sox management's position.  See, if you know better than Sox management, well, then you are reeeeally smart and reaaally know baseball.  Thats pretty awesome and cool afterall, to be smarter than a major league front office or manager.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from razcreation. Show razcreation's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I would rather struggle with young talented players than trade for players past their prime. We have won 3 titles in a 10 year span. We are developing talent which will lead to more titles. Fans and media just need to be patient.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Some of the posters are a little dopey.  Rookies are important, but they are seldom the answer for your problems.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

when - is the million dollar question

especially for SP

more than one kid wasted their best yr stuff in the minors

but I think today's question 4 the sox should be

how many at the same time

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

There are some who always want to rush the kids to the show. There are some who want to kill the kids when they struggle in the show. I am not sure that they are the same people. It could be a false premise to suggest that they are. I think most people who want to promote the kids are willing to be patient with them. Let's not confuse the issue. Think about it.

Stabbed by Foulke.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm with you on your exasperation of those impetuous crybaby posters that stink up the joint.  Still, the Red Sox need to continue audition some of the vets until we punch their tickets out of town.  After August 1st, it'll be audition time for 2015, for better or worse.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to royf19's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes!  Bring up Xander, send Xander down, Bring up Moookie....  send Mookie down ..... over and over again from the same mouths.

[/QUOTE]

Isn't that a lyric in an ELO song?  Bring Mookie, down...Bruuuuce.  Don't ask me who Bruce is.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Some of the posters are a little dopey.  Rookies are important, but they are seldom the answer for your problems.

[/QUOTE]

There are no answers for this years problems. That is why they need to play the kids. For next year.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

when you're a cloooooooown....noooobody takes you seriouslyyyyyy!

Sections
Shortcuts