So who was worse, Breslow, Farrell or Middlebrooks?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

Re: So who was worse, Breslow, Farrell or Middlebrooks?

In response to chetgnat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

MIDDLEBROOKS IS LITERALLY WORSE THAN USELESS RIGHT NOW.

FIND A WAY TO KNOCK THE BALL DOWN YOU PANSY.

[/QUOTE]

Grow up maybe???? Right now your USELESS

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to The4040club's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to donrd4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to chetgnat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

MIDDLEBROOKS IS LITERALLY WORSE THAN USELESS RIGHT NOW.

FIND A WAY TO KNOCK THE BALL DOWN YOU PANSY.

[/QUOTE]

Grow up maybe???? Right now your USELESS

[/QUOTE]

if he is on the ground trying to make the play, then the player did as much as possible.  I was driving home listening to the game and I heard Boggie missed one in the first.  He dove and hit the dirt so I would assume that he too have his best effort.

The throw never should have been made and when it was made, should have been accurate. After all, catchers make their living throwing out runners.

[/QUOTE]

That is NOT how Jarrod Saltalamacchia makes his living. Especially not this year...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to notin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Other than not guarding the lines in the seventh inning of a tie game, what did Farrell do that was so wrong?

I mean, besides accepting a job managing for team with the most bipolar fanbase in MLB...

[/QUOTE]

Amen to that last part.

Actually, I didn't have a  problem with not guarding the line. To me, that's something you do when you're ahead, not tied. What I really don't get, even with the explation of Farrell and those who agree with him, was batting Workman in the 9th inning of a tie game. And saving Napoli for a situation that never happened.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to georom4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Notin has jumped the shark with his useless drivel about Drew...maybe their related - i don't know

maybe if Drew could actually deliver a hit when we actually need it and not against some junk pitcher like the regular season we wouldnt be down 2-1

and his thread calling all Bogie after yesterday's heroics was vile

i wonder if the "positive" posters like joey, roy, and moon will call him out like they do softy for focusing on his agenda

[/QUOTE]

They probably win the game (or at least not the way they did) if Middlebrooks doesn't pinch hit for Drew.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to ADG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to notin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Other than not guarding the lines in the seventh inning of a tie game, what did Farrell do that was so wrong?

I mean, besides accepting a job managing for team with the most bipolar fanbase in MLB...

[/QUOTE]

He probably should have left Doubront bat for himself, with two outs.

He let Workman bat, so why not Doubront? The game was tied, same situation only earlier and more reason to let him bat for himself.

[/QUOTE]

He let Workman bat because he didn't let Doubront when he should have.  He should've let the team go down 1-2-3 in the 7th, if necessary.  It's still a tied game.  Every other move that he made, could still have been made in the 9th instead of the 7th.  If you could get two more scoreless innings from Doubront, now you have all your chips left, while Matheny would quickly run out of options.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to roggdd23's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to irish-sox-fan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Breslow is a train wreck and shouldnt throw another pitch this year. Farrell made some atrocious decisions and Middlebrooks came in and cost us 2 runs and a ball under his glove then couldnt catch a ball thrown straight to him to lose the game. 

[/QUOTE]

I don't think that Breslow was that bad tonight.  A check-swing roller by Carpenter for a hit and then Beltran sticks his padded elbow in front of one.  Neither pitch was that bad. Middlebrooks was clueless out there.  Almost seems like he's pouting a little because Bogaerts is taking his spot.

[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure what game Irish-sox-fan was watching.  He allowed an IF hit, and Beltran stuck his elbow pad out to get the HBP.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Breslow is a train wreck because of a broken bat single and batter leaned into a pitch?????

how exactly does Middlebrooks knock that ball down?  He was on the ground because the runner knocked him down as he was going for the ball.

salty is the big mystery.  He looks terrible from both sides of the plate, and can't throw.  Ross should be catching.  if Drew is in there for defensive purposes, why is Salty in there?

and if Drew is in there for defensive purposes, shouldn't he be on the bench until the late innings when the Sox have the lead?  

9. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts