So why did everyone get freaked out al Spring About Bradley Again?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

So why did everyone get freaked out al Spring About Bradley Again?

He made the team.

After probably 70 threads and 1500 posts about how the Red Sox front office would never do the right thing.

The definition of wasted energy.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from M1A2. Show M1A2's posts

Re: So why did everyone get freaked out al Spring About Bradley Again?

Actually, there were plenty of reasons to send him down, beginning with the fact he skipped AAA.  But he not only had an incredible ST, there was/is an opening created by Ortiz's being on the DL, which puts Gomes in the DL slot and an opening in LF.  What also helped Bradley is sliding ticket sales and TV ratings on NESN--the Sox need a boost, and a talented rookie is a great way to provide one.  So it even makes good business sense to keep him. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

He made the team.

After probably 70 threads and 1500 posts about how the Red Sox front office would never do the right thing.

The definition of wasted energy.

Looks like we won't be able to see him in Portland this year. Too bad.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

It never should have been something to get worked up about...especially when the worst-case scenario for JBJ would have been going to Triple-A for a couple of weeks. The histrionics from the "Bradley on the roster" supporters who acted like this would have been the end of the world were more annoying than the actual situation ever was.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:

It never should have been something to get worked up about...especially when the worst-case scenario for JBJ would have been going to Triple-A for a couple of weeks. The histrionics from the "Bradley on the roster" supporters who acted like this would have been the end of the world were more annoying than the actual situation ever was.

Especially since 95% of them had no idea who Bradley Jr. even was last spring.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

Good baseball people, know when a "player" come along.......  This should be a lot of FUN with Bradley & IGGY in the lineup on 4/1  !!

That wasn't the point. I was more talking to the people that spent a month freaking out and angry about how Bradley wasn't going to make the team.

I agree it should be fun to see what happens.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Good baseball people, know when a "player" come along.......  This should be a lot of FUN with Bradley & IGGY in the lineup on 4/1  !!

Indeed. I'm excited to watch them both.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

This should make softlaw angry

After an entire offseason of insulting the front office,  they wound up doing exactly what he said he wanted..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to notin's comment:

After an entire offseason of insulting the front office,  they wound up doing exactly what he said he wanted..

And I'm sure he'll be quick to admit he was wrong LOL.  What I would expect to see now is some misdirection by Softy, such as unleashing a vicious campaign against the Victorino signing.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

And I'm sure he'll be quick to admit he was wrong LOL.  What I would expect to see now is some misdirection by Softy, such as unleashing a vicious campaign against the Victorino signing.

I thought I heard him warming up his Xander Bogaerts bashing act a while ago.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

It's a pretty safe bet that Wakefield and Varitek will be invoked, as if they have something to do with the roster of the current team.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Exactly my point. He and others spend months complaining about The Red Sox not doing what they did.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

That wasn't the point. I was more talking to the people that spent a month freaking out and angry about how Bradley wasn't going to make the team.

I agree it should be fun to see what happens.

And my point was .....  "GOOD BASEBALL PEOPLE KNOW WHEN A PLAYER COMES ALONG" !!!!   what a great opportunity for a great season !!!

1-Most of the posters in here knew about Bradley long before you did.  Many of the posters can recite our top-20 prospects in relatively good order.

2-If you scream that every prospect should make the team, as you did with Lav and Rubby, you will eventually be right.

3-I think I can probably speak for every RS fan when I say we are always excited to see our prospects develop.

There is really nothing unique here.  We drafted a guy, developed him, and we are using him to substitute for an injured player.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

I thought he wanted to trade for Hanley and re-sign VMart for a gazillion $$$?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

He wanted to trade for Hanley? I must have missed that one.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I don't think it was a waste of energy.  I love baseball, and there's nothing else to talk about when the season hasn't started other than what's going on in ST.  I understand your point, people get worked up over this stuff, but I love the dialogue.  

My whole point was I didn't think people could decipher from spring training stats that he was ready, I still stand by that notion.  Now with that said that doesn't mean he isn't ready.  Even if he has development left it doesn't mean he can't contribute at the MLB level, we know he definitely can now with the glove. 

I won't be surprised if JBJ faces some adversity this year, I also won't be surpsied if he's a ROY candidate.  Regardless, I will be rooting for him.....and that's what matters.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

I don't think it was a waste of energy.  I love baseball, and there's nothing else to talk about when the season hasn't started other than what's going on in ST.  I understand your point, people get worked up over this stuff, but I love the dialogue.  

My whole point was I didn't think people could decipher from spring training stats that he was ready, I still stand by that notion.  Now with that said that doesn't mean he isn't ready.  Even if he has development left it doesn't mean he can't contribute at the MLB level, we know he definitely can now with the glove. 

I won't be surprised if JBJ faces some adversity this year, I also won't be surpsied if he's a ROY candidate.  Regardless, I will be rooting for him.....and that's what matters.

I don't mind the dialogue. What bothers me is people spending a month saying how stupid the Red Sox FO is before the decision is made, then when the decison is made and it is what they wanted all of a sudden they go quiet.

That is the definition of wasted energy.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

I don't mind the dialogue. What bothers me is people spending a month saying how stupid the Red Sox FO is before the decision is made, then when the decison is made and it is what they wanted all of a sudden they go quiet.

That would be a Stiff Arm tactic....

He will go on ad nauseum, then shut down completely instead of taking the heat.  Coward!  What's next?  He changes the subject....  As always.  Soon he will deny that he ever said it, or take credit for JBJ's entire career.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

He will go on ad nauseum, then shut down completely instead of taking the heat.  Coward!  What's next?  He changes the subject....  As always.  Soon he will deny that he ever said it, or take credit for JBJ's entire career.

Not to worry, he was already getting his Bogaerts bashing routine warmed up this winter. :-)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

Not to worry, he was already getting his Bogaerts bashing routine warmed up this winter. :-)

He wanted to trade him for J.Upton if you remember.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

He wanted to trade for Hanley? I must have missed that one.

I guess he must've stopped mentioning it, but yeah, he couldn't understand how the RS wouldn't empty the farm for him, and then plant him in LF.

Sections
Shortcuts