So why did everyone get freaked out al Spring About Bradley Again?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: So why did everyone get freaked out al Spring About Bradley Again?

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

In response to Bill-806's comment:

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

In response to Bill-806's comment:

In response to Flapjack07's comment:

It never should have been something to get worked up about...especially when the worst-case scenario for JBJ would have been going to Triple-A for a couple of weeks. The histrionics from the "Bradley on the roster" supporters who acted like this would have been the end of the world were more annoying than the actual situation ever was.

Good baseball people, know when a "player" come along.......  This should be a lot of FUN with Bradley & IGGY in the lineup on 4/1  !!

That wasn't the point. I was more talking to the people that spent a month freaking out and angry about how Bradley wasn't going to make the team.

I agree it should be fun to see what happens.

And my point was .....  "GOOD BASEBALL PEOPLE KNOW WHEN A PLAYER COMES ALONG" !!!!   what a great opportunity for a great season !!!

1-Most of the posters in here knew about Bradley long before you did.  Many of the posters can recite our top-20 prospects in relatively good order.

2-If you scream that every prospect should make the team, as you did with Lav and Rubby, you will eventually be right.

3-I think I can probably speak for every RS fan when I say we are always excited to see our prospects develop.

There is really nothing unique here.  We drafted a guy, developed him, and we are using him to substitute for an injured player.

Easy Joe .......  As Hilary Clinton would say................  "WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE"  !!!!!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

He wanted to trade him for J.Upton if you remember.

In fact, I made it clear that Bradley, Jr. should not be traded, as he is the replacement to the soon to be departed fan favorite prima donna. Most were saying to keep Ellsbury and trade Bradley. As I stated, over 50 times, it wasn't likely that the Red Sox would need to trade Bogaerts or Barnes to close the deal. Ellsbury and his draft compensation were currency in my trade offer for J. Upton.

Bradley is from my stupid white male rednecks part of the Nation. He's one of the last guys I would consider trading right now.

Paux, you'll need to come up with something better than that.  

softy never said trade JBJ for Upton, in fact he went out of his way to say trade anyone but JBJ.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

In response to mryazz's comment:

it does pose the question what does the SOX FO do when ortiz returns? do they bench gomes?

do they platoon gomes and bradley? or do they send bradley down so he plays everyday?

if bradley remains hot until ortiz returns, i'm sure he'll stay in LF. if he cools off, i'm sure they'll send him down. it's not fair to bradley that he sits the bench at this stage of his career. 

another option would be to platoon ortiz and gomes, but i doubt that would happen.

my preference would be to play bradley every day, use gomes as a PH or part time DH.

SS could pose another issue; if Iglesias is hitting passably and playing his usual extraordinary defense, it will bite to have to send him back down when Drew returns. How the roster will be handled once Drew and Ortiz are back should be interesting to watch...

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In fact, I made it clear that Bradley, Jr. should not be traded, as he is the replacement to the soon to be departed fan favorite prima donna. Most were saying to keep Ellsbury and trade Bradley. As I stated, over 50 times, it wasn't likely that the Red Sox would need to trade Bogaerts or Barnes to close the deal. Ellsbury and his draft compensation were currency in my trade offer for J. Upton.

Bradley is from my stupid white male rednecks part of the Nation. He's one of the last guys I would consider trading right now.

He was talking about Bogaerts. Try to keep up.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I was talking about Bogaerts

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to mryazz's comment:

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

He made the team.

After probably 70 threads and 1500 posts about how the Red Sox front office would never do the right thing.

The definition of wasted energy.

it does pose the question what does the SOX FO do when ortiz returns? do they bench gomes?

do they platoon gomes and bradley? or do they send bradley down so he plays everyday?

if bradley remains hot until ortiz returns, i'm sure he'll stay in LF. if he cools off, i'm sure they'll send him down. it's not fair to bradley that he sits the bench at this stage of his career. 

another option would be to platoon ortiz and gomes, but i doubt that would happen.

my preference would be to play bradley every day, use gomes as a PH or part time DH.

I guess that you missed the MEMO.........   I hate to be the one to tell ya,  PAPI will not be back !!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]

I wanted to use Ellsbury as currency to acquire Hanley, at the end of 2011. Hanley was disgruntled, and Red Sox fans were slobbering over "one of the greatest Red Sox seasons in history". I wanted Hanley put in LF. The price for Hanley would not have been more than the currency from Ellsbury and Red Sox prospects outside the top 3.  

On VMart, I wanted Varitek kicked to the curb, and VMart playing 1st and some DH and backup catching for 2011, 2012, this year, and 2014. The price was base 13 and 4 years. I made the exception on age because of how gifted VMart is with the bat and what a true professional that he is.

Good to see you finally admitting to 2 of your mistakes.

Remember, we got Barnes and Ownes as comp picks for VMart.

BTW, HanRam had a .757 OPS in the NL last year (or AAAA as you value it). He made $15M last year and makes about the same for '13 & '14.

Cody Ross had better numbers than that at a fraction of the cost.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

softy never said trade JBJ for Upton, in fact he went out of his way to say trade anyone but JBJ.

Carnie was talking about softy beginning to bash Bogaerts a little and I said he wanted to trade him for Upton...I wasnt talking about JBJ.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Carnie was talking about softy beginning to bash Bogaerts a little and I said he wanted to trade him for Upton...I wasnt talking about JBJ.

Softlaw isn't the sharpest knife....

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Southfaux, in fact, I said not to include Bogaerts unless he was necessary to top the next best offer. The Braves offer was weaker than the Mariners. Had Ellsbury and his tailing draft pick been converted to trade currency, none of the 3 B's would have been required to acquire the DBacks approval of the Upton trade. An extension that took J. Upton to age 33 would have closed the deal.

Could have had Bradley and J. Upton, for a long, long time. And without trading Bogaerts or Barnes. Ellsbury had to go, though, which was why this board denounced J. Upton as an acquisition target. Management simply has done what this Board wanted.

I'd have loved to trade Ells as part of a deal for Upton and said so from your first of a thousand such posts. My position was that AZ would not want Ells- they'd demand another prospect instead.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Trading Lester for Santana was the all-time blunder, well, after Crawbust.

You never can get even 1 fact right.

Yes, I was for trading for Santana and have admitted I was wrong. You should try that. However, I specifically said I would not give up Lester. I offered Buch in his place- still a mistake, but at least get my mistake right.

I was never for Crawford, and never uttered the word "Crawburst". The day we signed CC, I called him a "glorified platoon player that would cripple our team for 7 years". I also said he was overpaid by over $50M. I said he should not bat higher than 6th vs LHPs and should be benched or in the 9 slot vs LHPs. You wanted him to be our leadoff hitter vs LHPs and RHPs, but you did say "avoid him like the plague". Later, you were bummed that we had to pay LAD about $4M a year to take on CC's contract. You thought we could have kept him another year and got more after 2013. Sounds to me, like you valued the Craw part of Crawburts a lot more than I.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Southfaux, in fact, I said not to include Bogaerts unless he was necessary to top the next best offer. The Braves offer was weaker than the Mariners. Had Ellsbury and his tailing draft pick been converted to trade currency, none of the 3 B's would have been required to acquire the DBacks approval of the Upton trade. An extension that took J. Upton to age 33 would have closed the deal.

Could have had Bradley and J. Upton, for a long, long time. And without trading Bogaerts or Barnes. Ellsbury had to go, though, which was why this board denounced J. Upton as an acquisition target. Management simply has done what this Board wanted.

exactly. the point was you were willing to include him. I really don't care what the stipulations were. Just the fact you would in fact include him in a trade.

No need for a 2 paragraph explanation.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

exactly. the point was you were willing to include him. I really don't care what the stipulations were. Just the fact you would in fact include him in a trade.

No need for a 2 paragraph explanation. a simple "yes, I was" would have done.

In fact, I recall him starting a thread where he was challenging posters to step forward and say they'd be unwilling to deal Bogaerts for Upton.

Sections
Shortcuts