So,.......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

So,.......

.....we traded 3 all stars, 2 with GGs, and a solid defensive UIF for James Loney.
    That'll work!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Re: So,.......

In Response to So,.......:
    [QUOTE].....we traded 3 all stars, 2 with GGs, and a solid defensive UIF for James Loney. That'll work!
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

What part of saving over a quarter billion in salary don't you get?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

Wow! Do you live is a jar?
    Everyone here , with a few exceptions, sees this as a great trade, to cut three big contracts, and get back two solid pitching prospects, and decent future infielder, and a power hitting OF/1B.
    By the way, there wasn't much solid about Crawford's defense, if you watched him this year and last.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Alibike's idea of a good trade is bringing back Tito and manny in a time machine....other than him i dont know anyone who doesnt think this is a facntastic move

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I don't think it was a fantastic move...and I hate alibi ike.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Once I was waiting with a woman and her husband ....
      it was just minutes before the slim woman was to have 45 pounds of tumor removed from around her internal organs.  The hope was that some of the remaining organs could be saved and thus she could be kept alive as well.

It was not going to be easy, the surgery or the recovery.

But the tumor had to go. 

The event was ground breaking for the doctors involved.  It was also necessary for the woman, her husband and children.

There would be nothing put back, just the life might be saved.

The analogy is not quite perfect, but it may have to be as close as I can come.

I do wish the Sox got more back.  I do wish that CC and Adrian had worked out like I had high hopes for.  But maybe the two pitching prospects will pan out.

But I will miss Adrian and am still astonished at the vitriol against him.  The angriness of his expressed faith is one of the more ludicrous aspects of the fans here.  He produced in every level except a drop in HRs ... and since he wasn't fast afoot, he was attacked as lazy.    Hmmm .... Gold Glove, play me were there is a need, the most hits in the league last year ... the best BA with RISP in the majors this year ... but somehow he is a problem.   He loved Tito had issues with Bobby ... big surprise that his players have issues with him....

But the tumor, so many think, is gone.

Now, it's gonna take time to recover.  If we do.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

........Buttons

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In response to "Re: So,.......": [QUOTE]In Response to So,....... : What part of saving over a quarter billion in salary don't you get? Posted by ThefourBs[/QUOTE] Are you or I ever going to see any of that money? Are you a stockholder? Does it really affect you one way another about how much money the RS spend or save? Seems to me you are the one who doesn't get it. How does this deal make the Sox any better? I'm waiting for an answer.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In Response to Re: So,.......:
    [QUOTE]In Response to So,....... : What part of saving over a quarter billion in salary don't you get?
    Posted by ThefourBs[/QUOTE]

"Alibiike" is a self admitted pot stirrer.  He posts things to get a rise out of people.  That's his shtick.  He sits there and giggles at his computer when he gets someone all fired up. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In response to "Re: So,.......": [QUOTE]Wow! Do you live is a jar? Everyone here , with a few exceptions, sees this as a great trade, to cut three big contracts, and get back two solid pitching prospects, and decent future infielder, and a power hitting OF/1B. By the way, there wasn't much solid about Crawford's defense, if you watched him this year and last. Posted by rightymclefty[/QUOTE] Ha! Do actually think we will ever see any of those minor league players play at Fenway park in a major league game? None of them will. EVER.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: So,.......": Are you or I ever going to see any of that money? Are you a stockholder? Does it really affect you one way another about how much money the RS spend or save? Seems to me you are the one who doesn't get it. How does this deal make the Sox any better? I'm waiting for an answer.

I'll tell you how.  They had a massive payroll and they stunk.  They had big name overpaid players and are 13.5 games out of first. 

How were these overpaid players helping the team to make the playoffs?  The sox can be 13.5 games out of first with out the obscene payroll. Maybe with some young and hungry talent the sox can be competitive in a few years.

I'm thrilled mister "my day off is my day off" is gone.  If we had to unload some hefty salaries to do it so be it.  As I've already said these guys weren't getting the sox to the playoffs so no great loss.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In response to "Re: So,.......": [QUOTE]Alibike's idea of a good trade is bringing back Tito and manny in a time machine....other than him i dont know anyone who doesnt think this is a facntastic move Posted by georom4[/QUOTE] It was a great move......... For LA. Coletti is still scratching his head trying to figure out how it happened without having to give up anything significant. Everyone thinks that these top prospects we're a good deal but they are just that, prospects, unproven at the big league level, and no guarantee that they will succeed in the majors, or even make it there. Bily Beane was the number one prospect. How did that turn out?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In response to "Re: So,.......": [QUOTE]I don't think it was a fantastic move...and I hate alibi ike. Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE] I knew you were a hater. You must be a democrat.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

We will be back up to a $175M budget by 2014.

We do not have an unlimited budget no matter how much Ike wants to think we could or should. We don't and won't.

What we spend in one place, we won't spend in another. I can think of thousands of permutations on how to spend the $60M the 4 players cost us per year in better ways. I'm pretty sure we can do better than what these 4 did for us this year with just $30-40M.

I don't care if Henry pockets some of the savings in 2013. The important thing here is that the players were taught a lesson. Too often we hear, "the manager was fired, because you can't fire the players", well. in a sense, we just did! 

Hurray!

The day we signed CC, I said his congtract would cripple us for 7 years. I am happy to now say, I was wrong. It was only 2-3 years. While I liked Beckett and am not  happy we traded the only starter who has a real history of performing in the clutch, we weren't going to win this year or next with this roster, and his attitude seemed to causing issues. AGon will not be easily replaced, but in theory we could trade for Morneau ($14M in 2013, then a FA) and sign a guy like Marcum or McCarthy and combined they will cost about as much as AGon, and the risk is short-term.

AGon & Cook vs Morneau & Marcum

The "in theory" trade-offs I could give you for CC and Beckett would be lop-sided in our favor, and if you don't like the above trade-off, they would overpower it and then some.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In response to "Re: So,.......": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: So,....... : "Alibiike" is a self admitted pot stirrer.  He posts things to get a rise out of people.  That's his shtick.  He sits there and giggles at his computer when he gets someone all fired up.  Posted by jasko2248[/QUOTE] No, I'm expressing my fury over this organization's destruction of a once-admired franchise, and the numerous blunders made by this rookie GM. Perhaps it is LL as many have said, but regardless, this is the final straw that has made this team into a pretender, instead of a contender, for many years to come.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In response to "Re: So,.......": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: So,....... : I'll tell you how.  They had a massive payroll and they stunk.  They had big name overpaid players and are 13.5 games out of first.  How were these overpaid players helping the team to make the playoffs?  The sox can be 13.5 games out of first with out the obscene payroll. Maybe with some young and hungry talent the sox can be competitive in a few years. I'm thrilled mister "my day off is my day off" is gone.  If we had to unload some hefty salaries to do it so be it.  As I've already said these guys weren't getting the sox to the playoffs so no great loss. Posted by 67redsox[/QUOTE] I've said before that Beckett was really the only one who needed to go. CC was returning to form before he was told to have his surgery. Gonzalez was the big loss, a huge loss, a 100 RBI loss, a GG 1B loss. Ben threw in the towel as did most everyone here. No one here believed in this team, I still did. Ben didn't try to improve at the TD and no one complained. He did nothing to address the pitching problems we had from the start. He chose to ruin the career of Bard instead of finding another starter. I could go on and on but what's the point, you guys can't or won't see it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: So,.......": Are you or I ever going to see any of that money? Are you a stockholder? Does it really affect you one way another about how much money the RS spend or save? Seems to me you are the one who doesn't get it. How does this deal make the Sox any better? I'm waiting for an answer.

1) Do you understand the concept of a budget?
    2) Do you think it is realistic to expect the Sox to have reinvested $260m since Saturday morning?
    3) Do you think it might be handy for the Sox to have $60m/year to invest in the team this winter?

You're embarrassing yourself Ike, stop it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

Just go away, please.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: So,.......": Ha! Do actually think we will ever see any of those minor league players play at Fenway park in a major league game? None of them will. EVER.

You don't think Rubby de la Rosa will ever pitch for the Sox?  Seriously?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

Nah! Who needs a guy who thows 97 MPH after TJ surgery?

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]Chapter 11, fallout from the two stooges, InEpstein and Cherry. The herd on this Board keeps pointing the finger at Valentine. The same idiots are now saying "what a great deal this was". What it was is ownership firing the frat boss Beckett, paying 12 million to sweep he and Crawbust under the rug. There is a lot of pipe dreaming from what amounts to a Chapter 11 purging. Reconstuction will require new competent middle management. I expect that will be the next phase. The current failed players' player leadership isn't finished. After Cherry finishes cleaning up the very mess he helped create, then helped to bring order to, he's a lame duck GM until he's replaced. I'm amused by the dunce cap white flag being run up the old 175 million dollar payroll flagpole. My favorite Cherry quote: "We aren't who we want to be". No, and "we haven't been who we want to be" for about a half a decade and a billion dollars out of the pockets of Red Sox fans.
    Posted by TrotterNixon[/QUOTE]

Right.  Which is why the trade was made.  

Great post.  Pity that you undermined your own viewpoint at the end.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Here's the point about AGon, Beckett, and CC.  With them on the team the Sox had the worst nosedive last September  in MLB history.  With them on the team this year, the Sox are under .500.

Something had to change.  One theory is simply change the manager and all will be well.  Oh, I forgot.  The Sox did that after last season and the same rotten pitching returned this year, but a little worse.

Another theory is to assume CC and Ells will both be great next year--ditto AGon, Ortiz, et al.  What's wrong with that theory is the pitching will still stink--badly.

This move is somewhat of a gamble, but it does give the Sox a chance to fix the pitching.  AGon is a real loss, no question. CC might be, but odds are he was going to continue to struggle in Boston, plus his salary made it that much harder to find additional players and stay under the salary cap.   As for Beckett, I'm almost convinced he was doing an "I'm Manny in 2008" impersonation.  Regardless, he had to go and losing AGon was necessary to lose Beckett.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

If we had traded CC alone for a bag of balls, we'd have to have paid over $40M of his remaining $85M still owed.

If we had traded Beckettalone for a bag of balls, we'd have had to pay over $15M of the $35M still owed him. 

Punto? $1M of 1.8M owed.

Combined, that's about $57-60M. We paid LA $11M and took Loney's 2012 remaining money, so the net gain on these three was about: 

$45-50M

This is essentially what LA paid along with the prospects to get AGon and his $21M x 6 contract.

25. This post has been removed.