Softlaw Emailed me the Following list of Washed up Poor Value Veteran Free Agents to Avoid like the Plague:

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: Softlaw Emailed me the Following list of Washed up Poor Value Veteran Free Agents to Avoid like the Plague:

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Not for nothing, but you started a thread suggesting FAs to avoid like the plague.

But then you only listed one guy to avoid, since you said Papi was doable-Tori Hunter.

Was that really thread-worthy?  And if it was, make the title singular.

[/QUOTE]

Yes. I too wondered where the list was. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Re: Softlaw Emailed me the Following list of Washed up Poor Value Veteran Free Agents to Avoid like the Plague:

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Not for nothing, but you started a thread suggesting FAs to avoid like the plague.

But then you only listed one guy to avoid, since you said Papi was doable-Tori Hunter.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ever hear the expression " He's on the short list ? "     This is it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ever hear the expression " He's on the short list ? "     This is it.

[/QUOTE]

So Softlaw E-mailed Softlaw to start a thread saying that we should stay away from the 37 year-old RF from LA?

Okay, thanks for the contribution Softlaws.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Waiting for the actual list is like waiting for Romney's tax returns or Obama's college transcripts.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Waiting for the actual list is like waiting for Romney's tax returns or Obama's college transcripts.

[/QUOTE]

Fair and balanced ?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Softy didnt like my suggestion of Torii Hunter. Now hes on his "List". I thought a 1yr with a 2nd option at 8mm per would be fair. Or even a 2yr at a good price. Hes not like Cameron was. Hes hitting .305 and a respectable OBP of .357 with good defense. I know the K's have gone up a bit, but I think his bat would work good in Fenway. I also thought his leadership would benefit some kids coming up, ie; JBJ.

Either way, it was just a suggestion with valid reasons to make the deal, including a reasonable price and I got blasted for it.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thomasmtom. Show Thomasmtom's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Softy didnt like my suggestion of Torii Hunter. Now hes on his "List". I thought a 1yr with a 2nd option at 8mm per would be fair. Or even a 2yr at a good price. Hes not like Cameron was. Hes hitting .305 and a respectable OBP of .357 with good defense. I know the K's have gone up a bit, but I think his bat would work good in Fenway. I also thought his leadership would benefit some kids coming up, ie; JBJ.

Either way, it was just a suggestion with valid reasons to make the deal, including a reasonable price and I got blasted for it.

[/QUOTE]

Forget Nix Trotter and Deep 6 Bill , the suggestion has merit for the reasons you gave.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to TrotterNixon's comment:
    [QUOTE]J. Upton is a better way to spend 8 million in 2013. Tori Hunter isn't physically able to do more than play part-time, so Ross is a much better value than offering Hunter a whopping 8 million for one season of part-time duty. Ross market will probably be 8 to 10 million for two seasons.

Tori Hunter is in the "we made a huge mistake Angels dumpster".[/QUOTE]

You mean Cody Ross the dumpster dive? That is what you were calling him this spring.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to carnie's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]J. Upton is a better way to spend 8 million in 2013. Tori Hunter isn't physically able to do more than play part-time, so Ross is a much better value than offering Hunter a whopping 8 million for one season of part-time duty. Ross market will probably be 8 to 10 million for two seasons.

Tori Hunter is in the "we made a huge mistake Angels dumpster".[/QUOTE]

You mean Cody Ross the dumpster dive? That is what you were calling him this spring.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, and the same Cody Ross who has played in 10 less games than Hunter this year and 25 less last year.

He said Ross was a "dumpster dive not worth any offer more than $1M/1." Now, he claims he said all along he was a nice platoon signing.

This guy's goalposts are made of Balsawood for easier movements.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]He said Ross was a "dumpster dive not worth any offer more than $1M/1."

NO, that's not what he said. You said the Ross was the RH middle of the lineup profile that would work well. He said that Ross was a platoon guy and was worth no more than the 3 to 4M for one year that one of your great favorites Hermida was paid.[/QUOTE]

You couldn't possibly backpedal any faster than that could you?

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]

Backpaddle is:

Offer Tim Wastefield 2 million

Then offer him him 1 million

Then offer him three quarters of a million

There was never any market for the bum that Moonshwemp claimed had a market because he was a solid #4, then changed to #5, then changed to #6 starter. How could anyone that was a good Moonshwemp claimed Wakefield was in 2011, not have any takers to his agent's laughable claim that he would win 14 or 15 games in the NL.

[/QUOTE]

I will say this. It is definitely entertaining watching you change positions so fast. We should get together and jam sometime. You play the guitar don'tcha?

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

[QUOTE]

I never change positions, but you do have reading comprehension and retention problems.

[/QUOTE]

Trot, I have to take issue on one thing you said even though I agree with you on most things.  You did say that Torri Hunter was a racist.  No, I don't think so.  He plays in a ballpark and in a county that is overwhelmingly white and he is loved by the fans in Anaheim.  My wife, an Angels fan, loves him.  Hell, I am an ardent and passionate Red Sox fan and I like Hunter too.  We need to sign Ross but if we could add Torii to our team he would be quite a leader for our clubhouse and he stills plays a pretty good game of baseball.  He's also having a very good year.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

37 years  old? Will he be our 5th outfielder? Sounds a lot like a move the Sox of the 1981-1994...  Bringing in has beens .... rather than youth.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

I don't think signing Tori Hunter should be a Red Sox priority. Even though the Red Sox don't necessarily need him though, that's no reason to color the man a racist. Sometimes people look at the color of a person's skin and make assumptions. The unfortunate thing is that those assumptions are often wrong. Although if he were still sitting out there in January he might be a good guy to have around on a one year deal.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

He said Ross was a "dumpster dive not worth any offer more than $1M/1."

NO, that's not what he said. You said the Ross was the RH middle of the lineup profile that would work well. He said that Ross was a platoon guy and was worth no more than the 3 to 4M for one year that one of your great favorites Hermida was paid.

My posts are still here for viewing. I specifically said I wanted Ross to platoon in RF with Sweeney, and maybe play some LF vs LHPs instead of the weak guy you wanted leading off vs lefties, CC.

I never even cam close to saying he was a "middle of the line-up profile". I even listed my idea of line-ups vs LHPs and RHPs, and Ross wasn't even in the line-up vs RHPs. I had him 6th vs LHPs.

You were clearly against the Ross signing from day one. My guess is partially because you were jealous that others, including myself mentioned him as a good RH'd bat option for our OF. As the season began, you still called Ross a "dumpster dive". Now, you want him back and pretend you always wanted him in this limited role, and thet you "never change my position". (Like this is a sign of something good, even if it were true.)

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

sea, here are just a few of the racist thoughts from the mind of another hyphenated American victim, as emphasized by the resident "my whitehouse" corpseman who drinks beer while patronizing a stupid cop:

Los Angeles Angels outfielder Torii Hunter continued to speak out on race today, reiterating his claim that Latino players are "impostors" as far as being considered black, and adding that former major league star Sammy Sosa is not a "real" white person. "See, this isn't all about blackness," said Hunter. "I can see both sides. And Sammy Sosa, or whoever that is claiming to be Sammy Sosa, is not a real white guy. I don't even know if it has a race or if it's even human." Hunter says he also doubts whether Mariners star Ichiro Suzuki is "really Chinese."

No, Caucasion is not an exclusive synonym for racism. I understand that's the official position of the current State, along with green energy and running the Nation on clear and water and 4 dollar a gallon gas for as long as it takes to get "solongdras" eliminating Obama's Air Force One's addition to fossil fuels.

The Red Sox don't need to pay Tori Hunter's market price on the FA market, but, ironically, it would be demonstrative to see how racist Boston people react to bringing in racist Hunter to beantown. I could do a long essay that even the feds couldn't censor without millions of people finding a way to read it.  

[/QUOTE]

Ignorance at its best...Way to make this look like something its not...

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/dailypitch/post/2010/03/torii-hunters-comments-cause-stir-as-ozzie-guillen-responds/1#.UGPtJxjQzeQ

Sections
Shortcuts