Softlaw Guarantees Red Sox win v. Yankees on opening day in New York!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

Re: Softlaw Guarantees Red Sox win v. Yankees on opening day in New York!

In response to softlaw2's comment:

The guy Softy thought should have been released in favor of Coco Crisp. The guy Softy said would be washed out of the league by now. 

In fact, I said to trade Crisp because of the money and value. I said he would end up in the last stage of he career as platoon guy. I will be correct on that, as well.

You said he was a superstar. You said he was the next Ichiro. Some said the next Ted Williams. All wrong, and his physical consitutition and short arm swing and bad routes won't get a lot of mileage past 30.

I noticed, in your prevarication, that you avoided that bad route that casued Lester to get 2 earned runs that weren't earned. Ellsbury always plays the big hop on balls in front of him, and he never knows where to go until well after the ball is in flight.

I happened to watch that play in CF again last night and no CF in the game would have made that catch. Ellsbury was off in the right direction with the hit, which was off the end of the bat by the way, and at full speed running towards it and even though he is one of the fastest players in the league he didn't get close to it. That was not a bad play.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Softy....can you Gurantee wins for Wedensday and Thursday as well???

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

a guarentee is a prediction that they will win...its the same thing.

Southpaw, first please learn to spell but yes you're right, Softy needs to use the dictionary. Maybe in his world a guarantee is not a pediction but in the real world of course it is.

Hetch

P.S. My spelling isn't the best either !! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

I predict and using the Soft Ones logic, if there is such a thing, the Sox go undefeated for the season. You heard it here first 162-0. Lester wins 30 games, Buch goes 25-0 and Lackey wins game seven of the 2013 World Series with a no hitter. AND YES I LOVE ATTENTION !!!

Sarcastically speaking,

Hetch 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

A good call, not necessarily a gutsy call.  Lester had a great spring and Sabathia a so-so, and the Yankees hitting in ST was actually worse than the Sox, which was near the bottom of the AL.

That said, Sabathia started out looking very competent, hitting his spots, using an excellent changeup, etc.  But the Sox got those 4 runs on mostly singles and walks, and that's all they needed thanks to Lester going 5 and the bullpen throwing so well.  Ten K's by the Sox pitchers.

Right now, to be honest, the Sox should be favored over the Yankees who are missing some very good hitters.  But it was still a good call by softlaw. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

Unbelieveable. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Hetchinspete's comment:

In response to southpaw777's comment:

a guarentee is a prediction that they will win...its the same thing.

Southpaw, first please learn to spell but yes you're right, Softy needs to use the dictionary. Maybe in his world a guarantee is not a pediction but in the real world of course it is.

Hetch

P.S. My spelling isn't the best either !! 

My apologies for the spelling thing. That word always gets me. by the way, whats a pediction? Tongue Out

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFoe13. Show TheFoe13's posts

In response to RedsoxProspects' comment:

The guy Softy thought should have been released in favor of Coco Crisp. The guy Softy said would be washed out of the league by now. 

In fact, I said to trade Crisp because of the money and value. I said he would end up in the last stage of he career as platoon guy. I will be correct on that, as well.

You said he was a superstar. You said he was the next Ichiro. Some said the next Ted Williams. All wrong, and his physical consitutition and short arm swing and bad routes won't get a lot of mileage past 30.

I noticed, in your prevarication, that you avoided that bad route that casued Lester to get 2 earned runs that weren't earned. Ellsbury always plays the big hop on balls in front of him, and he never knows where to go until well after the ball is in flight.

I happened to watch that play in CF again last night and no CF in the game would have made that catch. Ellsbury was off in the right direction with the hit, which was off the end of the bat by the way, and at full speed running towards it and even though he is one of the fastest players in the league he didn't get close to it. That was not a bad play.

i watched it again last night too. From the YES and NESN feeds. i agree full. no CF in the game would have caught that unless they were out of position. No fault of Jacoby

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFoe13. Show TheFoe13's posts

Boomer, that's a negative!

On that play, Ellsbury froze like a deer in headlights. He does it all the time. The ball was already well off the bat before he started moving. He then started pulling up long before he and Shane started to get close to one another. It was Ellsbury's ball, and he almost authomatically pulls up on bloop balls and always misreads them. He may need to get his hearing checked, not sure what his problem is.

lol like im going to believe a chronic ellsbury basher over my own eyes? like i said, i watched it multiple times. the ball was well ahead of him and to his left. no reason to "freeze" and he didn't he broke as soon as the ball was hit. Go watch it again. 1 hour 35 minutes in, lesters 71st pitch. i watched from both the YES and NESN feed. the ball just landed in the perfect spot. No CF'er would have gotten to it unless they were playing out of position

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFoe13. Show TheFoe13's posts

even if he laid out for that ball he wouldn't have gotten it, maybe if he was righthanded and his glove was on his left hand? he would have had to dive and reach across his entire body (outside of his reach) to get that. So playing it off the hop was the correct call. and no runs scored because of that play.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

In response to TheFoe13's comment:

On that play, Ellsbury froze like a deer in headlights. He does it all the time. The ball was already well off the bat before he started moving. He then started pulling up long before he and Shane started to get close to one another. It was Ellsbury's ball, and he almost authomatically pulls up on bloop balls and always misreads them. He may need to get his hearing checked, not sure what his problem is.

lol like im going to believe a chronic ellsbury basher over my own eyes? like i said, i watched it multiple times. the ball was well ahead of him and to his left. no reason to "freeze" and he didn't he broke as soon as the ball was hit. Go watch it again. 1 hour 35 minutes in, lesters 71st pitch. i watched from both the YES and NESN feed. the ball just landed in the perfect spot. No CF'er would have gotten to it unless they were playing out of position

Even Kalish wouldn't have tried for that ball and he dove for anything past the infield!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFoe13. Show TheFoe13's posts

Even Kalish wouldn't have tried for that ball and he dove for anything past the infield!

exactly. but you know how softlaw is when it comes to Ellsbury.....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

exactly. but you know how softlaw is when it comes to Ellsbury.....

I watched it too and theres no way Ells was going to get it, or Bradley for that matter. He broke on the crack of the bat. I agree that that has been one of Ellsbury's negatives (bad breaks on balls) but he didnt do it this time. He has much better speed than JBJ, so even if he "froze" for a split second, his speed would make up for it.

Sometimes peoples disdain for a player (for no reason I might add) clouds their vision. this is certainly the case with softy. Ells drove in 2 runs and went 3-5, but still had no impact on the win according to the soft one...

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.