Softlaw Guarantees Red Sox win v. Yankees on opening day in New York!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

Re: Softlaw Guarantees Red Sox win v. Yankees on opening day in New York!

I don't know, Lester pitching after the best ERA in all of Spring Training, and the absolutely worst Yankee lineup since the 70s? Maybe even worse than that. Sabathia who has been beaten like a drum by the Redsox lately and the Redsox being optimized extremely well against LH pitching. What a gutsy call huh!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Deleted my post. Np.

It was worth it and spot on.

Like Duke was going to cut down the net.

Even a blind squirrel can find a nut.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to RedsoxProspects's comment:

I don't know, Lester pitching after the best ERA in all of Spring Training, and the absolutely worst Yankee lineup since the 70s? Maybe even worse than that. Sabathia who has been beaten like a drum by the Redsox lately and the Redsox being optimized extremely well against LH pitching. What a gutsy call huh!

You don't think it was a gutsy call?

You think maybe he had someone on the inside?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

He had to have a mole.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

What a gutsy call huh!

One that you didn't have the guts to make.

I was enjoying the game. It was an extremely easy call. Think Ubu think.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

And humble in victory too.

So much to like.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Like Duke was going to cut down the net.

I didn't guarantee Duke was cutting down the nets. In fact, I stated that the winner of the Duke and Louisville game was the likely national champion, but syracuse, michigan and Florida all had a decent odds shot.

Always give yourself an out.

Clever klutz you are.

I'd bet you'd be here tooting off if the Sox had lost too.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Later Jr. don't hurt your hand patting your own back.

I have to leave to find out what the N. Koreans are up to and other more pressing issues.

But congratulations on the Sox win today.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

Boomer, why the bitterness. Remember when you correctly posted that thread titled "softy called it on Beltre".

Where do you think Ellsbury ends up, after Bradley takes over his job in CF?

I don't mean to be bitter Softy but that was an absolutely easy call. Sabathia's opening day ERA is now over 7. Lester has been lights out. The Yankees lineup was AWFUL. With Victorino and Gomes the Sox are great against LH pitching. We had solid D and a much better lineup offensively. It was just an easy call. We were better positioned in every phase. In my mind I made the same call before the game started. 

Regarding Beltre, when someone calls something right I absolutely compliment whoever got it right. It was a solid call. You did it. That was 2 years ago at least. 

I think you were a better analyst years ago Softy. I don't know what happened but you seemed to go off the deep end. And by the way, I remember that on my first day here you called me a moron for no reason. I have put it behind me though. If not for the prevarication we could be friends.

I don't get the biases though. You are obviously wrong on Ellsbury and have been for years. Over and over. You could generate a lot of street cred if you would just admit it. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

By the way Softy, we probably agree on JBJ. I don't know if he gets sent down at all this year. He sure looks for real to me. Did you see him going for the HR ball in the first AB. The kid is absolutely confident. He didn't connect but he still worked a walk. 

I think we have a chance this year. I really do.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

Moon, Softy and I all love great defensive SS and appreciate their value to the team. We all agree on that. 

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

I don't get the biases though. You are obviously wrong on Ellsbury and have been for years. Over and over. You could generate a lot of street cred if you would just admit it. 

No bias, but the bias on Ellsbury beeing this superstar have proven to be false. He's nearing his 30th birthday, and the career production reminds me of Erstad. I was right, on Ellsbury, and you had to notice that the only 2 runs came because Ellsbury misplayed the route on that blooper that dropped into right centerfield. As I said, he's overrated defensively and relies on his speed. His reverse pivot means that he will never consistently hit for season to season pop. And, as I said a half a decade ago, once his speed declines (it has already declined slightly) he will become a tweener as he enters the final stage of his career. He's already near the final stage of his career, because he's a small guy who relies on speed. Bench job isn't but two or three years away for this guy.

We agree that Ellsbury will be gone and a problem for another team.

We agree that you were wrong on bean counting on Bradley.

We agree that Bradley has poise and leadership skills which was proven at SC

We agree that Iglesias is the defensive SS the Red Sox have needed to improve the pitching

Best wishes

Yeah, so much for street cred. The guy with the below UZR/150 over the last 3 years straight really stinks defensively, according to Softy:

PLUS 15.4 ( 2010 )

PLUS 16.1 ( 2011 )

PLUS 9.8 ( 2012 )

The guy who had a plus 12 DRS over that span, saving his team 12 runs as compared to an average CF. The guy Softy thought should have been released in favor of Coco Crisp. The guy Softy said would be washed out of the league by now. 

Why bother to be nice to you Softy? You just can't stop lying. Persoanally though, I think it is some sort of manic depressive thing or extreme narcisism of some sort and I don't hold it against you. It's ok. Really.  You have to have some sort of malady to be so messed up for so long. You are not an idiot but BTW, you are clearly no genius either. It's ok. Most people are right there with you.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Guaranteeds are not predictions, my dear fellow Red Sox fan. What a great day, let's bury the hatchet for the next day or two and exchange the peace sign.

It was a great day.

I predicted a 6-3 win. I did not guarantee it.

You are so amazing softy. Congrats! Your losing streak is over. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Guaranteeds are not predictions, my dear fellow Red Sox fan. What a great day, let's bury the hatchet for the next day or two and exchange the peace sign.

It was a great day.

He had roughly a 50-50 chance. My guess is he doesn't follow up with a "my bad" if/when he's wrong.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

In response to moonslav59's comment:

It was a great day.

He had roughly a 50-50 chance. My guess is he doesn't follow up with a "my bad" if/when he's wrong.

he'd find some way to blame it on Ells, ShaVic and Salty despite the teriffic play from JBJ and Iggy..

Even if Ells, Shane and Salty went for a combined 12-15 with 6 RBIs and JBJ + Iggy went 0-6 with 3 errors...

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

wait a second, isn't this the Wakefield is Fat thread?

25. This post has been removed.