Softlaw Open Letter to David Ortiz

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

Softlaw Open Letter to David Ortiz

Dear Mr. Ortiz,

I'm ashamed of the bigoted based double standard that is most Boston fans. I've been a Red Sox fan since 1967, but have reached my limit on the terrible nature of most Boston fans.

You have taken absurd levels of abuse, despite having provided Red Sox fans with the most impressive quality body of team work player leadership in Red Sox history. You single handedly lead the charge to end the Yankee ownership of the Red Sox, still remaining, to all Yankees, the most feared player in Yankee history (You did it again to the Yankees, last night, leading the team). Winning is part of your superstar status. You represent what a real superstar is. Now that you are in the final stage of an age related athletic career, it's disgusting to see the way you have been jerked around by management. Most Boston fans were abusive in 2009 and 2010, calling you washed up and complaining too much about your batting position and future contract. Boston media abused you by stalking you during your slow starts or slumps, making it a daily circus captious feeding frenzy. 

This Board has been constantly abusive. A poster, in 2009, claimed you were in "steep decline". Another poster claimed you should be benched vs. nearly all LHP. And while Mike Lowell is a good Red Sox citizen and former player, it was disgusting to see the tenor of comments about benching you in favor of the more popular Lowell. Lowell had injuries that were revealed and showed he was no longer capable of doing either an everyday or bench job, yet he was the choice of Boston during your slump of 2010.

Wakefield has had an ERA over 5 for more than 2 years elapsed season time. Boston media and fans are overwhelming in calling for Wakefield and Varitek to be resigned. Yet, keep carping about DH market value not being over 8M a year and any deal should not be for more than 8M base a year.

I support giving you a contract for 15M for 2012, and a mutual option for 5M for year 2 so you can opt out if FA market for your services is larger. In addition, a $175,000 a year lifetime consultant and PR work when you retire, regardless of whether you play another few years with another team.  For what you have done for the Red Sox, it is important to me that you finish your career as the highest paid DH in history during one season!

You have handled the jerking and abuse with grace. But I'm a fan who is speaking out against Boston double standards. I'm embarrassed that Theo is silent on your Red Sox future!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If Theo deson't offer you a good faith contract, now, for at least what you are making this year, I believe the long term best interest of the Red Sox is for you to protect future player abuse by calling Brian Cashman, after your contract expires, and tell him you would appreciate the respect of a serious offer to play for the Yankees in 2012.

If you were to sign with the Yankees, I not only respect it but approve it. The abuse you have taken from bigoted Boston media and fans does not deserve your continued graceful loyalty. If you sign with the Yankees, I will not pull for the Yankees but I will pull for you to have a great season.

I specifically exclude great Red Sox owner John Henry from my criticism. My hope is he will read my letter and intervene on your behalf. Mr. Henry has been loyal and by your side during your lows. My hope is that he will give his personal attention and best judgment to your case. I respect and trust Mr. Henry's leadership. I do not have confidence in middle management.

Thank you for being the smiling charismatic face and leader of Red Sox return to the best brand in baseball! And continued best wishes on leading this Red Sox team to another championship!  

Best regards,

Softlaw
    softlaw@yahoo.com

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Re: Softlaw Open Letter to David Ortiz

Hey check this out.  I think Ortiz AND Tek AND Wake should all be resigned.

It's good to know I am not a bigot. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I love Big Papi

Softy is disgusting (in general) hates half the team and has been a hypocrite when it comes to Papi in the past. He is here to cause trouble, start fights and demean.

More drivel from the board jester to shake your head at, the man has my pity

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

In 2009 he was in decline, drastically... and continued so for part of 2010. Certainly is was equally apparent as it is now that Elles is amazing. Ortiz somehow turned it around and is his old self. I am happy to have been wrong.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

In Response to Re: Softlaw Open Letter to David Ortiz:
    Hey check this out.  I think Ortiz AND Tek AND Wake should all be resigned. It's good to know I am not a bigot. 
    Posted by snakeoil123

Good to know your not the GM.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Softy is a proud bigot. He does not like Native Americans for whatever reason, and loves to tell you abou it. His finest moment does not even involve Ellsbury, he was upset the Cleveland Indians decided not to use Chief Wahoo on it USA memorial cap, instead they went with the C which they are transitioning to overall. He felt that is was only fitting to have a very racist protrayal of a Native American to be covered in Stars and Stripes. Like it was some victory condition.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Back to this post, Ortiz is so beloved by the fans and the media we are all(myself included) buying the it was a supplement story. On top of that you did not want the Sox to pay him 12.5 mil this year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Ortiz just hit a bomb....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I think David Ortiz would take your letter and rip it into a dozen pieces then throw it in your face and say "Thats what you get for hatin on my boy Ellsbury"

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In Response to Softlaw Open Letter to David Ortiz:
    Dear Mr. Ortiz, I'm ashamed of the bigoted based double standard that is most Boston fans. I've been a Red Sox fan since 1967, but have reached my limit on the terrible nature of most Boston fans. You have taken absurd levels of abuse, despite having provided Red Sox fans with the most impressive quality body of team work player leadership in Red Sox history. You single handedly lead the charge to end the Yankee ownership of the Red Sox, still remaining, to all Yankees, the most feared player in Yankee history (You did it again to the Yankees, last night, leading the team). Winning is part of your superstar status. You represent what a real superstar is. Now that you are in the final stage of an age related athletic career, it's disgusting to see the way you have been jerked around by management. Most Boston fans were abusive in 2009 and 2010, calling you washed up and complaining too much about your batting position and future contract. Boston media abused you by stalking you during your slow starts or slumps, making it a daily circus captious feeding frenzy.  This Board has been constantly abusive. A poster, in 2009, claimed you were in "steep decline". Another poster claimed you should be benched vs. nearly all LHP. And while Mike Lowell is a good Red Sox citizen and former player, it was disgusting to see the tenor of comments about benching you in favor of the more popular Lowell. Lowell had injuries that were revealed and showed he was no longer capable of doing either an everyday or bench job, yet he was the choice of Boston during your slump of 2010. Wakefield has had an ERA over 5 for more than 2 years elapsed season time. Boston media and fans are overwhelming in calling for Wakefield and Varitek to be resigned. Yet, keep carping about DH market value not being over 8M a year and any deal should not be for more than 8M base a year. I support giving you a contract for 15M for 2012, and a mutual option for 5M for year 2 so you can opt out if FA market for your services is larger. In addition, a $175,000 a year lifetime consultant and PR work when you retire, regardless of whether you play another few years with another team.  For what you have done for the Red Sox, it is important to me that you finish your career as the highest paid DH in history during one season! You have handled the jerking and abuse with grace. But I'm a fan who is speaking out against Boston double standards. I'm embarrassed that Theo is silent on your Red Sox future!!!!!!!!!!!!! If Theo deson't offer you a good faith contract, now, for at least what you are making this year, I believe the long term best interest of the Red Sox is for you to protect future player abuse by calling Brian Cashman, after your contract expires, and tell him you would appreciate the respect of a serious offer to play for the Yankees in 2012. If you were to sign with the Yankees, I not only respect it but approve it. The abuse you have taken from bigoted Boston media and fans does not deserve your continued graceful loyalty. If you sign with the Yankees, I will not pull for the Yankees but I will pull for you to have a great season. I specifically exclude great Red Sox owner John Henry from my criticism. My hope is he will read my letter and intervene on your behalf. Mr. Henry has been loyal and by your side during your lows. My hope is that he will give his personal attention and best judgment to your case. I respect and trust Mr. Henry's leadership. I do not have confidence in middle management. Thank you for being the smiling charismatic face and leader of Red Sox return to the best brand in baseball! And continued best wishes on leading this Red Sox team to another championship!   Best regards, Softlaw softlaw@yahoo.com
    Posted by softylaw

As usual, You simply can't help yourself Al....  No matter what the topic, you can always be counted on to play the "Race Card" Mr. Sharpton.  You don't fool anyone!!!  If you are not a Liberal Democrat, you might as well be!!!!  YOU play the RACE CARD more naturally than ANYONE I have ever seen. 

You are fond of dismissing "small samples," which this board obviously represents!!!!  Of course, to you, it is absolutely representative of ALL Red Sox Fans???  Clearly, YOU DON'T GET OUT MUCH, & YOU CERTAINLY DON'T HAVE MANY FRIENDS!!!!   All True Red Sox Fans that I know, HUNDREDS...... Love Papi!!!!   Absolutely LOVE THE GUY!!!  They LOVE everything about the guy, & like 95% of ALL RED SOX FANS, they couldn't give a damn about his RACE, color, ethnicity, etc......  YOU, on the other hand, cling bitterly to your RACIAL DEMAGOGUERY, simply to smear Red Sox Nation.....  I know Red Sox Fans, My best friends are Red Sox Fans....  YOU Sir, Are not a Red Sox Fan!!!!  YOU are a pathetic excuse for a human being, who enjoys nothing more than starting racial division.  It is so easy to see through you!!!!  Thank God!!!!!  MOST on this board absolutely see through you!  You are such a narcissist though, that you actually think a bright guy like John Henry would actually READ, let alone listen, to a race baiting dirt bad like yourself!  WE ALL know that you are a Yankee fan who constantly tries to make all Red Sox fans out to be a bunch of Neanderthal bigots & racists. 

Even more pathetic????  Is if you actually are a Conservative, Christian, Republican??????   As someone as dim witted as you would not even see the irony in your own race baiting tactics that mirror those of Al Sharpton.

As my Dad says, "Softy, it's better to say very little & have people think you're dumb, rather than to say a lot (as you always do) & KNOW YOU'RE DUMB!!!"

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Dear Mr. Ortiz,

I am a pathetic, bottom feeding narcissistic blow fish....  I have no friends, & absolutely no idea how to relate to other people....  As such, I actually think you will see my genius, read my sincere BS, & act on it.  I also am so pathetic & delusional to think that Mr. Henry will read this & grant you my suggested contract.  I have no friends, & sincerely believe my own horse $h!te.  Please respond & show everyone on this board how brilliant I think I am.

Yours truly,
    Your pal,
    Narcissist in Chief,
    General of the Red Sox Corpse,

Softinthehead  :)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from keepmanny7. Show keepmanny7's posts

who's going to write the apology letter to Ellsbury regarding the hatred of native americans that has led to some people's blind disregard for anything he's ever done?  little big horn was in the 19th century.  get over it already. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Well, it was a good day to write to him. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from canetime. Show canetime's posts

someone needs to take softheads PC away from him and believe this slug is not a christian!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbrod. Show tbrod's posts

I love redsoxdirtdog's last post!
    Softy is a hypocrite of the first order.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Softy is a proud bigot. He does not like Native Americans for whatever reason, and loves to tell you abou it. His finest moment does not even involve Ellsbury, he was upset the Cleveland Indians decided not to use Chief Wahoo on it USA memorial cap, instead they went with the C which they are transitioning to overall. He felt that is was only fitting to have a very racist protrayal of a Native American to be covered in Stars and Stripes. Like it was some victory condition.
    Posted by BosoxJoe5

Is that really the source of his problem with Ellsbury? If so, it's so much lamer than I ever imagined. This whole OP is dripping with hypocrisy. His comments about players regularly involve personal insults.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

someone needs to take softheads PC away from him and believe this slug is not a christian!
    Posted by canetime

I'm a Christian canetime, and couldn't be more glad about it. I can tell you confidently that Christ was not racist, nor should we be. Softy may be against native americans, but I can't say that for sure. I personally have not seen him post about it, but reliable people say they HAVE seen it. I get heartily SICK of people doing horrendous things (like blowing up 98 people in Denmark--or where ever the heck that was) and saying they're doing it in the name of Christianity. I usually try to keep my discussions on the topic of baseball in this forum, but felt the need to toss in on this one. Softy just makes a bigger fool of himself and the rest of us with each keystroke.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

p.s.   Why on Earth do the board moderators bump his stuff to the front burner page????

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

If "Softness" really believes the all the trash that he spews, he's a very sad and troubled man. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

In Response to Softlaw Open Letter to David Ortiz:
    Dear Mr. Ortiz, I'm ashamed of the bigoted based double standard that is most Boston fans. I've been a Red Sox fan since 1967, but have reached my limit on the terrible nature of most Boston fans. You have taken absurd levels of abuse, despite having provided Red Sox fans with the most impressive quality body of team work player leadership in Red Sox history. You single handedly lead the charge to end the Yankee ownership of the Red Sox, still remaining, to all Yankees, the most feared player in Yankee history (You did it again to the Yankees, last night, leading the team). Winning is part of your superstar status. You represent what a real superstar is. Now that you are in the final stage of an age related athletic career, it's disgusting to see the way you have been jerked around by management. Most Boston fans were abusive in 2009 and 2010, calling you washed up and complaining too much about your batting position and future contract. Boston media abused you by stalking you during your slow starts or slumps, making it a daily circus captious feeding frenzy.  This Board has been constantly abusive. A poster, in 2009, claimed you were in "steep decline". Another poster claimed you should be benched vs. nearly all LHP. And while Mike Lowell is a good Red Sox citizen and former player, it was disgusting to see the tenor of comments about benching you in favor of the more popular Lowell. Lowell had injuries that were revealed and showed he was no longer capable of doing either an everyday or bench job, yet he was the choice of Boston during your slump of 2010. Wakefield has had an ERA over 5 for more than 2 years elapsed season time. Boston media and fans are overwhelming in calling for Wakefield and Varitek to be resigned. Yet, keep carping about DH market value not being over 8M a year and any deal should not be for more than 8M base a year. I support giving you a contract for 15M for 2012, and a mutual option for 5M for year 2 so you can opt out if FA market for your services is larger. In addition, a $175,000 a year lifetime consultant and PR work when you retire, regardless of whether you play another few years with another team.  For what you have done for the Red Sox, it is important to me that you finish your career as the highest paid DH in history during one season! You have handled the jerking and abuse with grace. But I'm a fan who is speaking out against Boston double standards. I'm embarrassed that Theo is silent on your Red Sox future!!!!!!!!!!!!! If Theo deson't offer you a good faith contract, now, for at least what you are making this year, I believe the long term best interest of the Red Sox is for you to protect future player abuse by calling Brian Cashman, after your contract expires, and tell him you would appreciate the respect of a serious offer to play for the Yankees in 2012. If you were to sign with the Yankees, I not only respect it but approve it. The abuse you have taken from bigoted Boston media and fans does not deserve your continued graceful loyalty. If you sign with the Yankees, I will not pull for the Yankees but I will pull for you to have a great season. I specifically exclude great Red Sox owner John Henry from my criticism. My hope is he will read my letter and intervene on your behalf. Mr. Henry has been loyal and by your side during your lows. My hope is that he will give his personal attention and best judgment to your case. I respect and trust Mr. Henry's leadership. I do not have confidence in middle management. Thank you for being the smiling charismatic face and leader of Red Sox return to the best brand in baseball! And continued best wishes on leading this Red Sox team to another championship!   Best regards, Softlaw softlaw@yahoo.com
    Posted by softylaw

Ah, you forgot to indicate how much Bellsbury sucks.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: Softlaw Open Letter to David Ortiz : Of course he's not, but that has never stopped him from believing HE is the keeper of "true Christian values, & a righteous Biblical Christian moral standard."  (that is as HE sees it....  Of course he is blind to his own hypocrisy & failings as a "Christian....") Since he has NO FRIENDS & NOBODY to keep him in check, in his "real life," he's completely BLIND to his UNBELIEVABLY HYPOCRITICAL "Christian" pretense.... On what specifically???? True Christians don't ................. 1)  spend all day RACE BAITING! 2)  Try as hard as they can to stir RACIAL DIVISIONS.... 3)  Bash others with constant ad hominem attacks! 4)  Moralize constantly, then attack "gays" as their favorite whipping boy, since that doesn't happen to be his "sin" of choice. 5)  Conduct himself in a CONSTANT STATE OF PRIDEFUL ARROGANCE!!!!  Which by the way God says "that PRIDE is the sin that comes before ALL OTHERS! 6)  Speak with a "wicked tongue," as God condemns... 7)  HATE all others he does not agree with....  (p.s. Softy...  It's OK to disagree, it's the hate part that GOD has a problem with...) 8)  Relentlessly Demagogue EVERY issue, thus losing support of even those on the Right. 9)  Just be plain OBNOXIOUS....  God really hates that :) 10)  Have no friends, because even they can't stand him....  Even his church "friends." 11)  Attack everyone, RACE BAIT constantly, & then complain that Liberals do it......  God just thinks he's an A-----  H O L E for that... 12)  PRETEND to be a Red Sox Fan  ( inexcusable in the eyes of God ) 13)  Try to make others think that Red Sox Fans are all Racists....  ( God seriously thinks this guy is a complete p r i c k ! ! ! ! for doing this ) 14)  To think that Papi or Mr. Henry would consider listening to him, or even read a single word he writes????   ( Again with the Pride thing.....  God's not real happy with this loser!) ***  This list could go on ALL NIGHT LONG!!!!!!!!! Feel free to add your own......   Keep it going  :)   :)
    Posted by redsoxdirtdog

Yip, I've seen it all dawg--and then some. As I was reading your post I was thinking of individual people--by name--I've encountered that fit those various characteristics over the years. My dad was a pastor for about 25 years, so I know all about it. There's no fool like a religious fool who isn't a true Christian, but wants everyone to think they are. I can spot 'em a mile away. My way of keeping myself doing what's right is reminding myself that I'm not responsible to give account for anyone else's actions, just my own.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In Response to Re: Softlaw Open Letter to David Ortiz : Yip, I've seen it all dawg--and then some. As I was reading your post I was thinking of individual people--by name--I've encountered that fit those various characteristics over the years. My dad was a pastor for about 25 years, so I know all about it. There's no fool like a religious fool who isn't a true Christian, but wants everyone to think they are. I can spot 'em a mile away. My way of keeping myself doing what's right is reminding myself that I'm not responsible to give account for anyone else's actions, just my own.
    Posted by TheExaminer

Agreed!!!  I try to do the same.....  BUT!!!   I think it's important to let others know that WE DON'T AGREE with his kind of thinking!!!

I am Christian, Conservative, & Republican..... BUT!!!   At least 1/2 of my friends are.......  Liberals, Democrats, minorities, gays, etc.......   I get bored with the "preaching to the choir......" thing!  In fact, I try not to discuss politics with those who are "Right Wingers," as I really get bored with the demagoguery from the Right.  Demagoguery from the Left is equally obnoxious, but at least I can have a fun spirited argument:)   :)

p.s.   oh.......  Softy!!!!  The key is...........  I don't HATE THEM!!!!!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"I am Christian, Conservative, & Republican..... BUT!!!   At least 1/2 of my friends are.......  Liberals, Democrats, minorities, gays, etc.......   I get bored with the "preaching to the choir......" thing! "

Very refreshing and well put DirtDog...glad to see your kind of thinking on this forum which can veer towards small mindedness pretty quickly. 

I'm not even going to comment on the original post given the stench of hypocrisy of the whole thing on every level.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

softy wanted Papi to lie and pretend he had an injury, so he could be demoted to AAA when slumping in May of 2009.

And the board bully arches his back. Softy wanted Ortiz to stay in the middle of the lineup, and only if he went another month in a slump to put him on DL and do a rehab assignment to work on mechanics and rebuild confidence.

You wanted him benched v. most LHP, and dropped to 7th. You have been carping about how he can't hit Lhp for years.

Your penny penching comments about Ortiz contract are a disgrace and he should call NY if Theo low balls him like you encourage.

The ultimate insult to a great Boston hero.

No, the ultimate insult to a great Red Sox hero, in a disgraceful town, is to bench him for 3 years against most Lhp!

You also called for Mikey to DH vs LHPs instead of Papi in the spring of 2010. It was only when mikey's injury was revealed to be greater than expected, did you then turn your position around.

I was calling for good ole boy Lowell to pinch hit against some lhp later in games. I called for Lowell's removal from the roster after it was revealed, before season started, that he was no long able to play MLB in any full season role. You were angry when I said that Oritz should start v. all Lhp.

The very people you are bashing includes yourself, you silly clown!

Childish name calling shows your board bully NYT true colors.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

BUT!!! At least 1/2 of my friends are....... Liberals, Democrats, minorities, gays, etc....... I get bored with the "preaching to the choir......" thing! In fact, I try not to discuss politics with those who are "Right Wingers

You are an angry ranting stalking fraud. You are a bad acting shill. I really like "Liberals, Democrats, minorities, gays, etc". Leftists, not liberals. Homosexual conduct, not "gays". Male and female. "Gay" is not a physical identity. 

This thread is a manisfestation of the motives for the animus towards the author of this thread. It's not about Ortiz's future contract neglect, it is about the very essense of the bigotry that is Boston.

Sections
Shortcuts