Softlaw Open Letter to David Ortiz

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Re: Softlaw Open Letter to David Ortiz

In Response to Re: Softlaw Open Letter to David Ortiz:
    softy wanted Papi to lie and pretend he had an injury, so he could be demoted to AAA when slumping in May of 2009.   And the board bully arches his back. Softy wanted Ortiz to stay in the middle of the lineup, and only if he went another month in a slump to put him on DL and do a rehab assignment to work on mechanics and rebuild confidence. You wanted him benched v. most LHP, and dropped to 7th. You have been carping about how he can't hit Lhp for years. Your penny penching comments about Ortiz contract are a disgrace and he should call NY if Theo low balls him like you encourage. The ultimate insult to a great Boston hero.   No, the ultimate insult to a great Red Sox hero, in a disgraceful town, is to bench him for 3 years against most Lhp! You also called for Mikey to DH vs LHPs instead of Papi in the spring of 2010. It was only when mikey's injury was revealed to be greater than expected, did you then turn your position around. I was calling for good ole boy Lowell to pinch hit against some lhp later in games. I called for Lowell's removal from the roster after it was revealed, before season started, that he was no long able to play MLB in any full season role. You were angry when I said that Oritz should start v. all Lhp. The very people you are bashing includes yourself, you silly clown! Childish name calling shows your board bully NYT true colors.
    Posted by softylaw

Board Bully????

Now that's rich!  Cries of Bullying is a very "Liberal" tactic!!!

I'm actually a BORED Bully!   YOU BORE the H E L L out of me@   :+

You really can't help yourself, can you???

Do you have any idea how foolish you sound?!?!?!

You truly are pathetic!

Now that you're done with the cries of "Bully!"  Go back to what you do best....

RACE BAITING!!!

p.s.   NOBODY is buying your B S anymore!!!  NOBODY!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

BUT!!! At least 1/2 of my friends are ....... Liberals, Democrats, minorities, gays, etc....... I get bored with the "preaching to the choir......" thing! In fact, I try not to discuss politics with those who are " Right Wingers You are an angry ranting stalking fraud. You are a bad acting shill. I really like "Liberals, Democrats, minorities, gays, etc". Leftists, not liberals. Homosexual conduct, not "gays". Male and female. "Gay" is not a physical identity. 
    Posted by softylaw

Can that weak mind of yours come up with anything original???  "Bad acting shill????"   OOOhhhhh!  Probably a NY Times, Leftist Shill to boot????  That must be why I was screaming at the TV, as every time Obama opened his mouth today, the market fell another 6%????   You're too clever by 1/2 my friend!  Why not stop your WHINING, & actually answer some of my charges????  SPECIFICALLY!!!  They are well delineate, if you can make it through a full sentence without getting distracted by the rats in your mother's basement!  Even if I were a pathetic NY Times Shill, your position in life would be the same.  A VERY SMALL MINDED MAN!!!  NO FRIENDS!!!!    A HATEFUL PERSON!!!!   That NOBODY takes seriously!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: Softlaw Open Letter to David Ortiz : Board Bully???? Now that's rich!  Cries of Bullying is a very "Liberal" tactic!!! I'm actually a BORED Bully!   YOU BORE the H E L L out of me@   :+ You really can't help yourself, can you??? Do you have any idea how foolish you sound?!?!?! You truly are pathetic! Now that you're done with the cries of "Bully!"  Go back to what you do best.... RACE BAITING!!! p.s.   NOBODY is buying your B S anymore!!!  NOBODY!!!!!
    Posted by redsoxdirtdog

Everyone here knows he is a clown, a racist and an utter loser who is not a fan of this team red

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Not to mention........  A TRUE Yankee fan!!!   Now.....  Start up your bored / board infamous RACE BAITING & cries of "bullying:("

You actually sound just like Barney Frank in an interview with Bill O'Reilly  :}

Change the subject & cry about being bullied!   You are pathetic....

The rich IRONY, which clearly eludes your small mind????   You're everything you say you hate about "Liberals & Leftists....."

I LOVE IT!!!!   :)   Plus..... You're too stupid to get it!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

softy wanted Papi to lie and pretend he had an injury, so he could be demoted to AAA when slumping in May of 2009.

And the board bully arches his back. Softy wanted Ortiz to stay in the middle of the lineup, and only if he went another month in a slump to put him on DL and do a rehab assignment to work on mechanics and rebuild confidence

You wanted Papi to go to AAA. That's great for his confidence. I'm sure if Theo did it, you'd have called it a racist move, but since it was your idea, it was graceful. Yeah right! You never said anything about "another month". Your absurdity never ends. I called for his movement to the 5 slot vs RHPs and 6/7th slot vs LHPs in 2009. As it turned out, as soon as he was moved down in the line-up, he got out of his slump.  

You wanted him benched v. most LHP, and dropped to 7th. You have been carping about how he can't hit Lhp for years. 

You know as well as I that I never wanted Papi benched vs LHPs in 2008. You also know that you wanted him platooned with Mikey in the winter-spring of 2008-2009. It was only when Mikey's injury was revealed that you changed your mind. 

Your penny penching comments about Ortiz contract are a disgrace and he should call NY if Theo low balls him like you encourage

I'm not encouraging anything or anyone. Unlike you, I don't have delusions of grandeur and think that Theo actually reads this blog and takes anyone's advice from here.

The ultimate insult to a great Boston hero.

No, the ultimate insult to a great Red Sox hero, in a disgraceful town, is to bench him for 3 years against most Lhp!

It was 2010 not 2009, and I always saud "if we have someone significantly better than his .500 OPS vs selected LH'd starters". You twisted and distorted my position so much, you can't get it the same from post to post: you have a different version every week.

You also called for Mikey to DH vs LHPs instead of Papi in the spring of 2010. It was only when mikey's injury was revealed to be greater than expected, did you then turn your position around. 

I was calling for good ole boy Lowell to pinch hit against some lhp later in games. I called for Lowell's removal from the roster after it was revealed, before season started, that he was no long able to play MLB in any full season role. You were angry when I said that Oritz should start v. all Lhp.

What a blatant lie. You even admitted to your position just weeks ago. Your lies to cover lies is spiralling out of control. You are evn forgetting recent lies when you create new ones. 

The very people you are bashing includes yourself, you silly clown!

Childish name calling shows your board bully NYT true colors.

Silly clown is a tame word for what you actually are. Your Rupert Murdoch colors are showing brightly..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Softlaw's sniveling distortion and lies get battered by well articulated truths once again

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In Response to Softlaw Open Letter to David Ortiz:
    Dear Mr. Ortiz, I'm ashamed of the bigoted based double standard that is most Boston fans. I've been a Red Sox fan since 1967, but have reached my limit on the terrible nature of most Boston fans. You have taken absurd levels of abuse, despite having provided Red Sox fans with the most impressive quality body of team work player leadership in Red Sox history. You single handedly lead the charge to end the Yankee ownership of the Red Sox, still remaining, to all Yankees, the most feared player in Yankee history (You did it again to the Yankees, last night, leading the team). Winning is part of your superstar status. You represent what a real superstar is. Now that you are in the final stage of an age related athletic career, it's disgusting to see the way you have been jerked around by management. Most Boston fans were abusive in 2009 and 2010, calling you washed up and complaining too much about your batting position and future contract. Boston media abused you by stalking you during your slow starts or slumps, making it a daily circus captious feeding frenzy.  This Board has been constantly abusive. A poster, in 2009, claimed you were in "steep decline". Another poster claimed you should be benched vs. nearly all LHP. And while Mike Lowell is a good Red Sox citizen and former player, it was disgusting to see the tenor of comments about benching you in favor of the more popular Lowell. Lowell had injuries that were revealed and showed he was no longer capable of doing either an everyday or bench job, yet he was the choice of Boston during your slump of 2010. Wakefield has had an ERA over 5 for more than 2 years elapsed season time. Boston media and fans are overwhelming in calling for Wakefield and Varitek to be resigned. Yet, keep carping about DH market value not being over 8M a year and any deal should not be for more than 8M base a year. I support giving you a contract for 15M for 2012, and a mutual option for 5M for year 2 so you can opt out if FA market for your services is larger. In addition, a $175,000 a year lifetime consultant and PR work when you retire, regardless of whether you play another few years with another team.  For what you have done for the Red Sox, it is important to me that you finish your career as the highest paid DH in history during one season! You have handled the jerking and abuse with grace. But I'm a fan who is speaking out against Boston double standards. I'm embarrassed that Theo is silent on your Red Sox future!!!!!!!!!!!!! If Theo deson't offer you a good faith contract, now, for at least what you are making this year, I believe the long term best interest of the Red Sox is for you to protect future player abuse by calling Brian Cashman, after your contract expires, and tell him you would appreciate the respect of a serious offer to play for the Yankees in 2012. If you were to sign with the Yankees, I not only respect it but approve it. The abuse you have taken from bigoted Boston media and fans does not deserve your continued graceful loyalty. If you sign with the Yankees, I will not pull for the Yankees but I will pull for you to have a great season. I specifically exclude great Red Sox owner John Henry from my criticism. My hope is he will read my letter and intervene on your behalf. Mr. Henry has been loyal and by your side during your lows. My hope is that he will give his personal attention and best judgment to your case. I respect and trust Mr. Henry's leadership. I do not have confidence in middle management. Thank you for being the smiling charismatic face and leader of Red Sox return to the best brand in baseball! And continued best wishes on leading this Red Sox team to another championship!   Best regards, Softlaw softlaw@yahoo.com
    Posted by softylaw

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

Cries of Bullying is a very "Liberal" tactic!!!

It's Leftist, you ranting dim wit.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

Silly clown is a tame word for what you actually are. Your Rupert Murdoch colors are showing brightly..

And we get to the motive of your politcally based catatonic carping and indignant rants. Unlike you, my ego doesn't need the NYT to endorse my comments. If this site was run by Rupert Murdoch, the flock of Leftists that push the censorship button would not get your dim wittend comments banned. Murdock allows disagreement. The NYT is pure propaganda.

With great pleasure, I welcome the censorship and "banning" from the NYT. And I take pleasure in the angry indignant rants from the bigotry that is most Red Sox fans.

Fan double standards on Ortiz and Varitek reflect the bigotry. Clear as a bell.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Im sorry ur so filled with hate softy...and really for no reason..Life is too short

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

I'm not filled with hate. I undersand that's the word used to attack dissent, but it's lame!

"Dispicable human being" is hate;) Read, don't drone!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In Response to Softlaw Open Letter to David Ortiz:
    Dear Mr. Ortiz, I'm ashamed of the bigoted based double standard that is most Boston fans. I've been a Red Sox fan since 1967, but have reached my limit on the terrible nature of most Boston fans. You have taken absurd levels of abuse, despite having provided Red Sox fans with the most impressive quality body of team work player leadership in Red Sox history. You single handedly lead the charge to end the Yankee ownership of the Red Sox, still remaining, to all Yankees, the most feared player in Yankee history (You did it again to the Yankees, last night, leading the team). Winning is part of your superstar status. You represent what a real superstar is. Now that you are in the final stage of an age related athletic career, it's disgusting to see the way you have been jerked around by management. Most Boston fans were abusive in 2009 and 2010, calling you washed up and complaining too much about your batting position and future contract. Boston media abused you by stalking you during your slow starts or slumps, making it a daily circus captious feeding frenzy.  This Board has been constantly abusive. A poster, in 2009, claimed you were in "steep decline". Another poster claimed you should be benched vs. nearly all LHP. And while Mike Lowell is a good Red Sox citizen and former player, it was disgusting to see the tenor of comments about benching you in favor of the more popular Lowell. Lowell had injuries that were revealed and showed he was no longer capable of doing either an everyday or bench job, yet he was the choice of Boston during your slump of 2010. Wakefield has had an ERA over 5 for more than 2 years elapsed season time. Boston media and fans are overwhelming in calling for Wakefield and Varitek to be resigned. Yet, keep carping about DH market value not being over 8M a year and any deal should not be for more than 8M base a year. I support giving you a contract for 15M for 2012, and a mutual option for 5M for year 2 so you can opt out if FA market for your services is larger. In addition, a $175,000 a year lifetime consultant and PR work when you retire, regardless of whether you play another few years with another team.  For what you have done for the Red Sox, it is important to me that you finish your career as the highest paid DH in history during one season! You have handled the jerking and abuse with grace. But I'm a fan who is speaking out against Boston double standards. I'm embarrassed that Theo is silent on your Red Sox future!!!!!!!!!!!!! If Theo deson't offer you a good faith contract, now, for at least what you are making this year, I believe the long term best interest of the Red Sox is for you to protect future player abuse by calling Brian Cashman, after your contract expires, and tell him you would appreciate the respect of a serious offer to play for the Yankees in 2012. If you were to sign with the Yankees, I not only respect it but approve it. The abuse you have taken from bigoted Boston media and fans does not deserve your continued graceful loyalty. If you sign with the Yankees, I will not pull for the Yankees but I will pull for you to have a great season. I specifically exclude great Red Sox owner John Henry from my criticism. My hope is he will read my letter and intervene on your behalf. Mr. Henry has been loyal and by your side during your lows. My hope is that he will give his personal attention and best judgment to your case. I respect and trust Mr. Henry's leadership. I do not have confidence in middle management. Thank you for being the smiling charismatic face and leader of Red Sox return to the best brand in baseball! And continued best wishes on leading this Red Sox team to another championship!   Best regards, Softlaw softlaw@yahoo.com
    Posted by softylaw

Shut up! BLA BLA BLA

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

I will admit that I thought Ortiz was finished, his slow starts in '09 and especially '10  concerned me. It goes without saying that at his age, each passing day brings him closer to the inevitable end. We've all seen a guy fade off into nothing, the Yankees are living it at this moment with Posada. The market just does not value DH's as high as regular position players, which means virtually any deal they give him that respects his history will overpay him versus the league. There is nothing racist in the approach of the FO with Big Papi, it's just business. As for comparing Varitek and Wake, that's not quite right, Varitek is relegated to a part time position, and Wakefield hangs around as an emergency starter, BP innings eater, Johnny on the spot $1.5M econo deal. In reality, Wakefield is getting hosed in a perverse reverse age discrimination take or leave it deal.
     Chief Wahoo is not a racist symbol, it's a CARTOON! If anything, calling the team the "Indians", now that's racist, especially given the origin of the team nickname.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Youk I think a lot of people thought that, and for those who didn't (or pretend they didn't) I find it astonishing they try to label those doubters as haters, idiots, or non-fans.

I have not heard one person here over the last 12 months say they are unhappy Ortiz is doing well.  We are ALL glad for it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Youk I think a lot of people thought that, and for those who didn't (or pretend they didn't) I find it astonishing they try to label those doubters as haters, idiots, or non-fans. I have not heard one person here over the last 12 months say they are unhappy Ortiz is doing well.  We are ALL glad for it.
    Posted by BurritoT

Burrito,

Ortiz went through a rough stretch and I have to admit my faith was wearing thin, but he has really come back strong.  I'm happy we kept him around, our lineup just wouldn't look the same without the "Big Guy" in the middle. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

Ortiz is, at age 35ish, a far better hitter than MVP superstar Ellsbury. Bigotry is always de facto, and never admitted. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 111SoxFan111. Show 111SoxFan111's posts

Ortiz is, at age 35ish, appears to still be a better hitter than MVP superstar Ellsbury ... which is good since he's not a position player. Stupidity and narcissism are always de facto, and never admitted. 
    Posted by softylaw

Fixed your post.  Your welcome and have a nice day ... don't forget your meds :)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Softy,

Why are you posting such drivel when you're the one who usually bashes players?

Hypocrisy is a new one for you.  Or was this letter written in jest?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Meanwhile in a fancy hotel in downtown Minneapolis, David Ortiz, waking from a nap, feels an icy could shiver run down his spine.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

It sounds to me that there are more 'hateful' writers out there than Softy.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I have not heard one person here over the last 12 months say they are unhappy Ortiz is doing well.  We are ALL glad for it

Yes, but the difference is, your buddy clown is unhappy that Jake, Wake and others are doing well. He is far from glad, and condone his behavior. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

Wake isn't "doing well". His ERA is near 5 and it's over 5 for the last 2 years.

Being "glad for it" is not the same thing as benching him v. LHP for the last 3 years and pretending that Ellsbury deserves doting adjulation over a better hitter and true team leader in Ortiz. Ortiz is the de facto captain, face and voice of the Red Sox. Not "I declined arbitration" and no one wanted me Veritek.

No one admits bigotry, but it's patently obvious  in Boston.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I'm not filled with hate. I undersand that's the word used to attack dissent, but it's lame! "Dispicable human being" is hate;) Read, don't drone!
    Posted by softylaw

word it how you want..whatever makes you sleep better..

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

The only bigot I've been reading about is the hate-filled Softlaw, reviled here for the trash he posts, fights he starts and of course for not being a fan of the Red Sox...

Fangraphs:

Ellsbury - 26.4 million in performance, making 2.4 milion

David Ortiz - 12.4 million in performance, making 12.5 million

Jason Varitek 2.8 million in performance, making 2 million

National writers and unbiased baseball minds are talking of Ells in an MVP debate... Ortiz wasn't an MVP when he hit 54 HR's in '06 or hit .332/.445/.621 in '07... he's not even in the discussion this year.

I love Big Papi, he is my favorite player on the Red Sox... but only a very ignorant person with zero baseball intelligence can claim that our DH is having a better season than our CFer.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

This is absolutely the worst, most hateful post I have ever read.

Knowing the dishonesty involved by the poster in the first place in his treatment of David Ortiz when things were tough, this letter combines all the earmarks of hatred one can imagine.

It hopes to cause much more in problems than it could ever solve.  In fact, it is not attempting to solve anything only cause more pain.  That appears to be your goal in life.  What a lousy excuse for a human.

You're a liar, softy.  You're hateful and hope to cause personal pain to Papi as well as to the Red Sox in general.  I despise this effort ....

I can only hope that somewhere in that black heart of yours you can find some humanity.  I don't hold out much hope though.  This is despicable.

Sections
Shortcuts