Softlaw Open Letter to David Ortiz

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Re: Softlaw Open Letter to David Ortiz

I'm so intelligent..... Blah blah blah blah...... de facto  da da  blah blah  de facto et. al.  blah blah

yaw wicked smaaat!  Grad. Coom lout  from woosta com. college!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

In Response to Re: Softlaw Open Letter to David Ortiz:
    [QUOTE]Hey check this out.  I think Ortiz AND Tek AND Wake should all be resigned. It's good to know I am not a bigot. 
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

Sox need to keep Wake and Varitek, or there will be no players older than me!  That would be weird, and I am not ready for that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

Knowing the dishonesty involved by the poster in the first place in his treatment of David Ortiz when things were tough

I was the only adamant defender of Ortiz during the 2009 and 2010 verbal lynching he took from the media, this board and most Boston fans.

You are the liar, refusing to see the obvious double standard.

And the lying poster above who claims Ortiz is his favorite player was on this board in 2009 calling him "in steep decline" and needing to benched against LhP.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

First: 7/31/2011
    Last: 8/10/2011
    Knowing the dishonesty involved by the poster in the first place in his treatment of David Ortiz when things were tough

I was the only adamant defender of Ortiz during the 2009 and 2010 verbal lynching he took from the media, this board and most Boston fans.

You are the liar, refusing to see the obvious double standard.

And the lying poster above who claims Ortiz is his favorite player was on this board in 2009 calling him "in steep decline" and needing to benched against LhP.

That's a bunch of BS.  I took on many other posters over their negative treatment of Papi.  I realize you think you're the only star in the universe, but unlike you I was not the only one supporting Papi and trying to make people see the sense of supporting him. 

I can name at least four others that supported Big Papi during that time, but what does it matter when apparently you are the only one to support someone ... or to batter some other player by "supporting" the player of choice now.

There are those of us who support and appreciate EVERY RED SOX PLAYER and long for the day that a larger group of fans would do likewise. 

You seem to only be supporting Papi so you can use it to hammer away at Ellsbury, which is monumentally stupid, or Wakefield or  _________________   Fill in the spot for your whipping boy of the moment.

IF the day comes when you can support the team, without creating other negative tangents, I might take you seriously.  All I get from you, in the end, is that you are a hate-monger.  Even when you SUPPORT something, it is only to knock down something else ....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

IF the day comes when you can support the team, without creating other negative tangents, I might take you seriously.  All I get from you, in the end, is that you are a hate-monger.  Even when you SUPPORT something, it is only to knock down something else ....

You nailed it, SinceYaz. I think he may be afraid of being *gasp* a fan. Y'know, one who supports the entire team. One who celebrates the success of every player. One who swallows his pride and gives credit where it is due. Be he's too afraid to join those *horrors* actual fans who go overboard on occasion in celebrating players having a great season. He would never lower himself to their level. His loss.

BTW, I supported Papi through his struggles as well. So much for the lone voice in the wilderness propaganda. It is complete nonsense to paint with a wide brush and claim all Red Sox fans turned against Ortiz. Every time I have attended a game the fans show nothing but love for him. There is much more evidence of undying support for Big Papi than there is for fans turning against him. I'm sick of his baseless propaganda.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Diamondtalk. Show Diamondtalk's posts

I support giving you a contract for 15M for 2012, and a mutual option for 5M for year 2 so you can opt out if FA market for your services is larger. In addition, a $175,000 a year lifetime consultant and PR work when you retire, regardless of whether you play another few years with another team. For what you have done for the Red Sox, it is important to me that you finish your career as the highest paid DH in history during one season!
     . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    Tell you what Softlaw, you'll be disappointed to know that teams no longer will pay big dollars for a DH.
    John Henry won't authorize a long term deal for a player that could go downhill fast.
    Expect a 1 year deal for $8 million with a team option for a 2nd year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

[QUOTE]Knowing the dishonesty involved by the poster in the first place in his treatment of David Ortiz when things were tough I was the only adamant defender of Ortiz during the 2009 and 2010 verbal lynching he took from the media, this board and most Boston fans. You are the liar, refusing to see the obvious double standard. And the lying poster above who claims Ortiz is his favorite player was on this board in 2009 calling him "in steep decline" and needing to benched against LhP.
    Posted by softylaw[/QUOTE]

Not true. I made more headaches for myself because I gave up on Ortiz, a good many posters were upset with me over this.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]IF the day comes when you can support the team, without creating other negative tangents, I might take you seriously.  All I get from you, in the end, is that you are a hate-monger.  Even when you SUPPORT something, it is only to knock down something else ....

You nailed it, SinceYaz. I think he may be afraid of being *gasp* a fan. Y'know, one who supports the entire team. One who celebrates the success of every player. One who swallows his pride and gives credit where it is due. Be he's too afraid to join those *horrors* actual fans who go overboard on occasion in celebrating players having a great season. He would never lower himself to their level. His loss.

BTW, I supported Papi through his struggles as well. So much for the lone voice in the wilderness propaganda. It is complete nonsense to paint with a wide brush and claim all Red Sox fans turned against Ortiz. Every time I have attended a game the fans show nothing but love for him. There is much more evidence of undying support for Big Papi than there is for fans turning against him. I'm sick of his baseless propaganda.
    Posted by devildavid[/QUOTE]

DD,

This is the truth I have witnessed, even on the television.  There was a time it seemed that folks were almost coming out of the stands to will Papi to get past his injury and reurn to that shining, smiling face that is so well known to David Ortiz.

I am glad that that Tito and the FO stayed with Papi.  I am glad that most fans did, too.  It IS joyous to see him play and enjoy the game again.  What a pleasure it's been in the past and now again!!!

Papi, the once and future King od DHs.

Sutcliffe said the other day, something like this, that because of David Ortiz alone he is OK with the DH rule.  Think of what we would have missed if there was no Big Papi!  And that was the NATIONAL announcer/color guy.

Folks love Papi everywhere.  Except at that one hiphop lawyer's office ...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

Every time I have attended a game the fans show nothing but love for him

You have zero credibility! Rip Van Winkle or lying is the only way to claim Ortiz wasn't abused during 2009 and 2010 first months. In fact, he was "warned" by most fans and media about there concern about his age and poor starts.

John Henry won't authorize a long term deal for a player that could go downhill fast.
    Expect a 1 year deal for $8 million with a team option for a 2nd year

Let me tell you this, Dtalk. Based upon that insult, Ortiz should call Cashman on the first day of FA and Cashman will top that offer with at least 90% more guaranteed money. And Ortiz should accept it, and start hammering homers against Boston. I'd make bean counter Inepstein beg and force him to go 15M for 2 years, then I'd call Cashman and if Cashman matched I would go to the Yankees.

Folks, Diamondtalk and his nonsense about "it's just business". And it's just a fact that Ortiz can be all business and double his money by calling Cashman! And he should do just that!

Mr. Henry, please put Mr. Epstein in time out and pay Ortiz exactly what I've said, 15M for 2012 and a mutual option for 5M in year 2. Give him a raise, he's earned it, and do a public announcement right now for the best interest of this team and the Red Sox brand. Do not stay silent and go to FA and try and low ball David Ortiz. If so, he has every right to call Cashman and play for the Yankees if they match, based upon the insult of the way he's being jerked around by limbo silence! And a beat reporter access keeper is already out there running mangement propaganda interference about "the numbers not being Oritz's side". Stop it, and stop it now!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

Of course you guys realize that this is just Softy's satire on Ells and how much people "love " him and how it translates into a salary.  This is pure transference that a number of people want to extend Ells but of course we can't do it because we have Ortiz to take care of.

Ortiz no more wants to go to NY than I want to have a drink with Softy 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

Ortiz wants to play for a team that appreciates his value. If that is the Yankees, he has every right to do so. Boston doesn't deserve Ortiz.

Ellsbury has nothing to do with Ortiz, grassy knowl and WTC inside jobber.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jidgef. Show jidgef's posts

Softy, it has been apparent to me for some time that you are either just a rabble rouser, which I believe to be true, or that you are as absolutely clueless as many on this board feel you are. Do you ever watch games? I know at one time you admitted that you didn't, sereral personae ago. David Ortiz is the most revered member of this team, and has been almost since his arrival here. He is on a par with Larry Bird and Tom Brady as far as local adulation goes. And I AM a local, unlike you, and I do watch every game. So don't play your stupid racist card here, PLEASE! And someone above nailed your motivation, As I see it, this is just another underhanded, ludicrous way for you to bash your usual targets, Jacoby, Wake, Epstein and Tek. 
    Or maybe you are indeed a Yankee fan, lacking the courage of a Jete or NHSteve, or Jessey, all of whom, although Yankee fans, know much more about the Red Sox and are willing to admit their fandom.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

guess you gotta start something other than "reverse rear-end pivot divot"

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]Ortiz wants to play for a team that appreciates his value. If that is the Yankees, he has every right to do so. Boston doesn't deserve Ortiz. Ellsbury has nothing to do with Ortiz, grassy knowl and WTC inside jobber.

I agree ... not the bizarre grassy 'knowl' nonsense part ... but, I agree that, if the Sox don't show Ortiz enough respect, and the Yankees do, the big man will happily take his talents to South Bronx.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]Knowing the dishonesty involved by the poster in the first place in his treatment of David Ortiz when things were tough I was the only adamant defender of Ortiz during the 2009 and 2010 verbal lynching he took from the media, this board and most Boston fans. You are the liar, refusing to see the obvious double standard. And the lying poster above who claims Ortiz is his favorite player was on this board in 2009 calling him "in steep decline" and needing to benched against LhP.

Now I know you have lost it.  You are a LIAR.  And you know you are. I have always defended Papi and did not want him platooned under any circumstances.  I only thought he should be moved down to relieve some pressure and let him figure it out.  The difference between me and you is that anyone can go back and see what I have said on any topic they care to research because I have not been banned.  My support of Papi is clearly documented.  I have shown the same support for CC and Pedey back in the day when he struggled.  So don't pound your own chest like you were some sort of martyr.  Cause you were not.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

David Ortiz is the most revered member of this team,

No, Jid, he is not. Boston media and most Boston fans have been captiously complaining about his "steep decline" and subjecting him to a daily "what's wrong are you washed up" treatment during his 2009 and 2010 slumps. Most captiously whined about his numbers v. lhp.

Ortiz trumps every single player in modern Red Sox history in representing leadership in performance and clubhouse confidence. Fans are silent with Theo and are playing the "business card" on his future. His first call after FA should be to Brian Cashman.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

19 hr does not a career make. Reverse pivot is a swing flaw that will not withstand the long haul of physical aging and wear and tear. It will reflect erratic performance career numbers. Ted Williams was Ted Williams for a reason. And it wasn't short arm swinging off the back foot.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

I think you have been playing with your "short arm" a little too much.  That really ages you

a career .300 does make for a good 2.5 years though.  When will the breakdown on him start?  30,35?  you must have studied this and can predict when this occurs with all the scientific evidence accumulated around it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

Those who were critical of Papi during those April slumps were the normal concern trolls or the chronic pessimists, cynics, and skeptics. Papi was their "flavor of the month" for April. You can set your watch based on the predictibility of these types of posters.

Softlaw was limiting his trolling during these times to Jake and Jed since that was his identity or claim to fame.He has now graduated to bashing most of the team as well as management. Several years back Softlaw had many in the forum fooled regarding his true fandom and they only saw him as the someone who pointed out hype and irrational exuberance.

Most now see him for what he really is which is a non-Red Sox fan and a total troll.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]19 hr does not a career make. Reverse pivot is a swing flaw that will not withstand the long haul of physical aging and wear and tear. It will reflect erratic performance career numbers. Ted Williams was Ted Williams for a reason. And it wasn't short arm swinging off the back foot.

The reverse pivot, demystified.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

a career .300 does make for a good 2.5 years though. When will the breakdown on him start?

Short arming has nothing to do with BA,and OBP and SLG make BA meaningless.

The "breakdown" occured in 2008, 2009 and 2010, and when added to 2011 averges out to be a reverse pivot swing that only a fool GM would pretend is goiing to be pop and slugging upper tier material going forward.

But, as Crawford proves, we have a fool GM, named Esptein.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

Ortiz and Ellsbury, on budget, have nothing to do with one another. One needs to be extended, the other does not.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

Short arming has nothing to do with BA,and OBP and SLG make BA meaningless.

The "breakdown" occured in 2008, 2009 and 2010, and when added to 2011 averges out to be a reverse pivot swing that only a fool GM would pretend is goiing to be pop and slugging upper tier material going forward.

But, as Crawford proves, we have a fool GM, named Esptein.

OK

Year      G       AB       BA     OBP     SLG
    2008     145    554     .280    .336    .394  18 games missed
    2009     153    624     .301    .355    .415   9  games missed
    2011     114    472     .316    .371    .511    1 game missed

2010 had nothing to do with short arm reverse pivot whamma jamma.  I also hear "career year", when in fact this is an upward statistical trajectory

So what exactly does RAPS affect?  Who else has been affected by it?  When did it become apparent that  RAPS had a deleterious effect on their production?

Bla, Blah, Blah...just a big bag of hot air

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

[QUOTE]Ortiz and Ellsbury, on budget, have nothing to do with one another. One needs to be extended, the other does not.

you are right we do not have to deal with Ells for another two years; by then DO will be off the books with enough money for Ells and a more reasonable, market-priced DH

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

I also hear "career year", when in fact this is an upward statistical trajectory

don't wet your shorts. A year off from baseball grind and a little API training juice will do wonders. Crawford is an example of what is not "upward statistical trajectory.

Ellsbury will return at or near career averages, next season. He will be nowhere near 2011 SLG and OPS and HR and RBI's.

I'm putting you down for Ellsbury and 2012 and better numbers than 2011, under the "upward statistical trajectory" baseball axiom.