softlaw please take control of the forum! I am drowning amongst the idiocy!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

Re: softlaw please take control of the forum! I am drowning amongst the idiocy!

In response to 56redsox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Relax Try And Float, Will Send Help, BillS In Contact With The HIGBEE-806....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to softlaw's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rojas, very clever, David Axelrod is welcome on this narrative on big ideas.

[/QUOTE]

And so is Axl Rose.

Send Guns and Roses!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

OK we are all stupid however please tell me why Hunter is not a better signing than Ross. Over the past 7 yrs alone never mind the whole career Hunter has hit below 270 once Ross over 270 once. Hunter has 40 HRs more and just as good defensively if not better.

PLEASE EXPLAIN WHY HUNTER IS NOT BETTER THAN ROSS AND IT CAN NOT BE JUST THE AGE SINCE FOR THIER WHOLE CAREERS HUNTER HAS BEEN BETTER..

sanchez proved in the WS that he does have the ability to pitch in big games. Outside of Clay and Jon not one of the RS pitchers has shown the ability to be consistent or able to pitch in big games yet

PLEASE EXPLAIN HOW sANCHEZ IS NOT BETTER THAN ANY OF THE CURRENT #3 PITCHERS WE HAVE?

I have told you why (softy and T) however you never explain why our opinions are incorrect you just tell the rest of us we are stupid and do it by saying you are just smarter.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So then make a suggestion yourself instead of telling everyone their idea is no good.

FWIW I dont want to extend Ells for the $$ and years he wants, dont want Youk or Bay, not inclined to give Sanchez 90M, and dont see Masterson as a solid starting pitcher but more a bullpen arm. Oh, and martinez already signed with Miami.

The idea of a hitting coach and assistant hitting coach is good and more teams are buying into this. Its hardly a useless idea, as you say. Theres a lot of work to do and 1 hitting coach cant be everywhere all the time. The assistant can take care of the things that he cant. Nothing wrong with that...

[/QUOTE]

Southpaw, I don't know much about you but you deserve kuddos for  your reasoned responses and keeping your cool when reading something that you disagree with.  I wish I sometimes has that patience and forbearance.  However, I think Enclilada is one to something.  He, Ike, Georom, Softlaw and Trotter seem to be the villians on this board and now I am joined to them, but they bring up some very timely stuff that many of the posters dont want to hear at all.  We have, unfortunately, a lot of pollyannas and rose tinted posters on this board who see no evil, speak no evil, hear none uttered in their presence.  What we see though is a team in disarray, a GM who moves so slowly he gives the glacial a bad name.  All I've heard from the guy since the season ended is talk, more talk and nothing but talk.  He wanted to hit the ground running he said as soon as the season is over, but look at us now.  We still don't even have our full coaching staff---well over a month since the end of the season.  We haven't done anything about our pitching, no first baseman, no shortstop and two OF's missing.  What the hell is he waiting for?  Some say their is time.  No sir, there is not.  Most teams are NOT coming off a disgraceful 93 loss season, and few have the holes in  their order that we do. IMO Cherington simply is not equipped to handle this job and looks more inept with each passing day.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to seabeachfred's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

So then make a suggestion yourself instead of telling everyone their idea is no good.

FWIW I dont want to extend Ells for the $$ and years he wants, dont want Youk or Bay, not inclined to give Sanchez 90M, and dont see Masterson as a solid starting pitcher but more a bullpen arm. Oh, and martinez already signed with Miami.

The idea of a hitting coach and assistant hitting coach is good and more teams are buying into this. Its hardly a useless idea, as you say. Theres a lot of work to do and 1 hitting coach cant be everywhere all the time. The assistant can take care of the things that he cant. Nothing wrong with that...

[/QUOTE]

Southpaw, I don't know much about you but you deserve kuddos for  your reasoned responses and keeping your cool when reading something that you disagree with.  I wish I sometimes has that patience and forbearance.  However, I think Enclilada is one to something.  He, Ike, Georom, Softlaw and Trotter seem to be the villians on this board and now I am joined to them, but they bring up some very timely stuff that many of the posters dont want to hear at all.  We have, unfortunately, a lot of pollyannas and rose tinted posters on this board who see no evil, speak no evil, hear none uttered in their presence.  What we see though is a team in disarray, a GM who moves so slowly he gives the glacial a bad name.  All I've heard from the guy since the season ended is talk, more talk and nothing but talk.  He wanted to hit the ground running he said as soon as the season is over, but look at us now.  We still don't even have our full coaching staff---well over a month since the end of the season.  We haven't done anything about our pitching, no first baseman, no shortstop and two OF's missing.  What the hell is he waiting for?  Some say their is time.  No sir, there is not.  Most teams are NOT coming off a disgraceful 93 loss season, and few have the holes in  their order that we do. IMO Cherington simply is not equipped to handle this job and looks more inept with each passing day.

[/QUOTE]

Soooo, in the spirit of what Southpaw is suggesting (which you just totally defied), instead of whining, give us some examples of the moves that you would make today, right now, at this juncture of the off-season.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Soooo, in the spirit of what Southpaw is suggesting (which you just totally defied), instead of whining, give us some examples of the moves that you would make today, right now, at this juncture of the off-season.

[/QUOTE]

Fair enough.  If LaRoche turns down the qualifying offer the Nats extended him, swoop in and sign he guy to a nice three year $30 million dollar contract.  Secondly, get Ross's name on a contract on the quick....two years and a mutual option.  Walla!!!!  One outfield position and first base now covered.  Then sign Kuroda or Jackson, or make a trade for Josh Johnson.  We badly need a No. 1 starter and while K and J are not that, Josh is.  Now that key starting pitcher spot is taken care of.  I think we should watch Kalish and see how he progresses this winter.  If he is fully recovered no need to go out and get a soon to be 38 year old Torri Hunter because he had a career year last season and has never come close to hitting 300 before.  Keep Boegarts at short and try to get a one year stopgap at SS until Zander is ready.  Then we could have a pretty good infield, a decent pitching staff in 2013 and better in 2014 when Barnes and o thers are ready.  Since the AL East is a crapshoot next year we could actually come all the way back and maybe swipe a division  title which we've become totally inept at seizing since the start of the '96 season----ONE DIVISION TITLE IN 17 YEARS.  Disgusting. 

Well there is where I would go......and we have the money to do it.  We could e ven add more as soon as Cherington starts moving his rear end.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Fair enough.  If LaRoche turns down the qualifying offer the Nats extended him, swoop in and sign he guy to a nice three year $30 million dollar contract.  Secondly, get Ross's name on a contract on the quick....two years and a mutual option.  Walla!!!!  One outfield position and first base now covered.  Then sign Kuroda or Jackson, or make a trade for Josh Johnson.  We badly need a No. 1 starter and while K and J are not that, Josh is.  Now that key starting pitcher spot is taken care of.  I think we should watch Kalish and see how he progresses this winter.  If he is fully recovered no need to go out and get a soon to be 38 year old Torri Hunter because he had a career year last season and has never come close to hitting 300 before.  Keep Boegarts at short and try to get a one year stopgap at SS until Zander is ready.  Then we could have a pretty good infield, a decent pitching staff in 2013 and better in 2014 when Barnes and o thers are ready.  Since the AL East is a crapshoot next year we could actually come all the way back and maybe swipe a division  title which we've become totally inept at seizing since the start of the '96 season----ONE DIVISION TITLE IN 17 YEARS.  Disgusting. 

Well there is where I would go......and we have the money to do it.  We could e ven add more as soon as Cherington starts moving his rear end.

[/QUOTE]

OK, so are you aware that if ross, Laroche, kuroda/jackson want to shop the market you will be labeled as an inept GM who is slow on the draw and scared to pull the trigger right?

and man i would feel bad for you if the marlins GM dragged the negotiations for J Johnson out.. the forum would have your head on a platter within days.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Am I to assume many here want me to drown? Gee wiz, lol. I had a life jacket on so na na.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Blacks in the inner-cities don't even like Latinos. They are racist towards one another.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

The folks that say he is inept or slow to move actually believe the RS are the only ones making moves and that the players are just waiting for an offer from the RS. Which is just ludicrous.

Players are the ones who sign contracts. The agents negotiate the contracts. Teams make offers. They are due their due diligence.

32 teams are trying to build their teams for next year and beyond. If Upton gets traded to a team it affects many other negotiations. If Tulo gets trade again it affects other teams and players.

This is NOT just the RS offering a contract or a trade to one player or team. It is 32 teams working to get things done.

BTW the fact is that as noted by many in MLB that these meetingsmay only pave the way for deals at the winter meetings. It has also been stated by those same people that deals may take months to finalize.

I have yet to see any major signings or trades other than players resigning with thier teams.

So if Ben is slow and inept I guess that goes for 31 other GMs.

So those complaining tell me where I am wrong.

Also if the RS jump out and sign some one you might be lucky and get another CC signing where the RS over pay for a player. Of course that will give you another reason to call out Ben as inept even though he was quick as you suggested.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Im not one of those rose tinted posters on this board who see no evil, speak no evil, hear none uttered in their presence. (not saying you were suggesting that). But I am also a little more realistic (Id like to think) than some of the more negative, just looking to slam Ben C types.

Free Agency is not an overnight process. Players go to FA and allow the process to take place. Sometimes that can take us into Jan and Feb. I believe we got Ross in Jan of this year. Their agents want to get the most they can for their client and that is not usually a quick process.

These GM meetings that just took place in Cali were to lay the groundwork for possible trades and signing of FA. Certain players had until yesterday to accept or decline the qualifying offers. Now teams will be talking to agents and making offers. Agents will go back and forth with teams to get the most $$ for their client. That takes time. We most likely have a list of players on our radar and have made initial contact, but just because we have said we have interest doesnt mean they will sign right away, as players want to allow every team to bid for his services. That too can take some time.

BC got his manager right away, bench coach, 3b coach, and BP coach...Id say hes moved pretty quickly with this. Farrell is also closely involved in this process as it is going to be his staff, so its not just BC. The important part is they got their Manager signed right away. to complain because they dont have a 1b coach decided on yet is just picking nits.

As far as other trades go, that usually takes even more time to find the right trading partner then settling on players involved...Teams are getting calls from more than one team on more than one player. Its a back and forth game that once again, takes time...

Bottom line, to accuse BC of moving too slowly, to me, is a lack of understanding how the process really works or just looking too hard to find something to use to insult Ben and his performance...

I know we all want BC to have a team in place as of yesterday, but thats just not realistic.

EDIT: RS just signed BU catcher David Ross (whom I was suggesting trying to sign).

This means 1 of 2 things

1)Lav starts the year in AAA

2 1 of Lav/Salty are traded.

Since Ross hits from the right side of the plate and Lav probably has more value being younger and under more years of control, would be the one traded IF that were the case.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

It is not about how you see things like is the glass half full or half empty. With many like T, softy and others if you do not see it their way you are stupid, a Pollyanna or some other negative comment. I have asked several questilike afather being called a name. However I have rec'd no answer. I believe Hunter woulda be better than Ross based upon the facts that Hunter despite his age 36 has had better stats every single year. Ross has had one year with his ave above 270 the past 7 yrs Hunter has been below 270 once in the same time and has hit 40+ more HRs in the same time. BTW he is not Mike Cameron 2.0.

they call you out but when you make valid arguments they say nothing or say your numbers are wrong orcall you a Pollyanna.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Hunter has race issues, why in the heck would you want him here? Think man!

Did Los Angeles Angels Silence Torii Hunter After Racial Profiling ...     There have been a minmal of two instances where he has sounded racist, but by all means lets bring him into Boston. The icing on the cake is that he is 37 years old.   Brilliant

Torii Hunter: Black Latinos Are 'Impostors'

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hunter has race issues, why in the heck would you want him here? Think man!

[/QUOTE]

are you serious?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Sure I am. Why bring someone in to this arena who has a history of making comments construed as racist? 

Hunter discusses uproar with team, media | MLB.com: News

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

Sure I am. Why bring someone in to this arena who has a history of making comments construed as racist? 

Hunter discusses uproar with team, media | MLB.com: News

[/QUOTE]

There are many articles to dispute the assumption he is a racist. Other MLB players who are Latino have already come to his defense, one being Ozzie Guillen...His words were taken the wrong way by certain media folks.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Maybe.... too many people get called racist even when they really are not..... however (besides the fact he is 37 and will not help this team) why bring someone who has had issues to a city that has a reputation as such? Or something like that.

we do not need him. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

Maybe.... too many people get called racist even when they really are not..... however (besides the fact he is 37 and will not help this team) why bring someone who has had issues to a city that has a reputation as such? Or something like that.

we do not need him. 

[/QUOTE]

I dont like when people carelessly throw names around racist. Unless there is no doubt whatsoever, then it should not be said.

Im looking at players that will come here on 1 or 2 year deals. Hunter can still produce and play solid defense and fits the 1 or 2 year profile. If Ross will sign a 2 year deal, then Im all for re-signing him but not at 3/25 like hes asking for.

If they dont sign Hunter I wont lose sleep as long as they fill the OF holes adequately.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

we do not need him. 

[/QUOTE]

I dont like when people carelessly throw names around racist. Unless there is no doubt whatsoever, then it should not be said.

Im looking at players that will come here on 1 or 2 year deals. Hunter can still produce and play solid defense and fits the 1 or 2 year profile. If Ross will sign a 2 year deal, then Im all for re-signing him but not at 3/25 like hes asking for.

If they dont sign Hunter I wont lose sleep as long as they fill the OF holes adequately.

[/QUOTE]

i agree, age is just a number. a player who is 37 can still put up big numbers (papi) while a dude who is 30 can break down and fall completely off the radar (youk). as long as you produce you can be 60 for all i care

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

We need you now more than ever. The little league posters are saturating the board with their "ideas" to improve the team. These are the same posters who wanted to give Elles a huge extension last winter... the same posters who wet their undies over signing Crawford, and the very same crowd who want now to regurgitate the past by bringing back Masterson, Sanchez, and Youk.

[/QUOTE]

Softflaw's track record:

1. Cameron "great move" "should start in CF 2011" Ells about best player in MLB 2011  

2. Bill Hall "great athlete" Houston / SF cut him

3. Lugo was not a bust

4. Teixeira "superstar profile" Billy Butler out hit him over last 2 years

5. Crawford 2011 "I respect his work ethic" now "mallingerer"

6. Sign JUpton 2011, tanked in 2012

7. Lowrie "no pop" 2012 SS 4th in SLG

8 AGon "superstar profile" 2012 1B wRC+ 21st in MLB

9 Henry "great investor"  fund closes after $2.5b pulled in 6 years

10 Oprah's channel "will be a hit"