SOFTLAW, removed by the "BIG O" as Softy calls........

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Re: SOFTLAW, removed by the

Never heard of soxtalk, so I just went to go check it put.  Same old softy over there, stepping on his soft box and calling every one who disagrees with him a mental midget.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

If you think Softy (or at least his behaviour here) is a "good man" then you are not just stupid, you're as "bad a man" as he is.

How do you defend his overtly racist and homophobic posts?  Do you agree with him?  Do tell.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

So, the BIG O is involved? OK then.

Some also think he engineered Hurricane Sandy.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:

Sonics weren't you called out for using the word "Raj" ??  I believe the "Raj" in question said it was offensive..... in other words racist. I could care either way.... but lets not play the homophobic and race cards ..... If I called you a ho-mo would you be offended? Or would you use your brain and realise it is a joke (as I have gay friends, and they also call each other ho-mos in jest)?  I bet you would run around the forum accusing me of making homophobic remarks.

I referred to 2004idiots a few times as "Raj" in a joking manner, implying that I thought he worked for the Globe in an outsourcing capacity....and many such jobs are outsourced to India.  When a single poster - one I respect - mentioned he thought it was offensive I stopped immediately.  It was not meant that way, I don't think it was offensive, but didn't want to offend someone in such a way.  

Softy has been banned dozens of times for what the mods - and many others here - consider to be grotesquely bigoted comments.

Do you think those are similar situations?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

To further answer your question, I have never and would never report someone for insulting me directly....I can take it.  Also, if black people, or gay people, or anyone chooses to use such language to address each other, it's up to them.  But not in my house, not in front of my daughters, not in my workplace, etc.   And it's against the rules here and I'm not willing to enable it.  You are.  To each his own.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

He did claim to have created Katrina in one of his speeches. "Katrina, I did that".

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

In response to nhsteven's comment:

Not sure, but the timing was great !!!!! As rham Emanuel would say......  "BIG O, lets never let a good CHRISIS get away" !!!!

This response does not surprise me.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Bill,

Like you, I agree that this president has done the worst job in office since Jimmy Carter.  BUT

What the hell does that have to do with Stiffy's penchant for vile RACIST, BIGOTED, & HOMOPHOBIC sililoquys.

Oh, I get it!  Because he hates Obama, you feel a certain kinship with Stiffy.  Stiffy's a conservative Republican, like you, so you must therefor defend his dispicable behavior, no matter how disgusting.  Are you just slow, or do you agree with Stiffy on his constant racist, bigoted, & homophobic demagoguery?

• Same for you Enchilada?  Because others on the Left occasionally make inappropriate comments, you justify Stiffy's abhorrent behavior???  Wow!  I had not idea you were so deep, & so able to draw such moral equivalency with such ease?  I get it now!  

•  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Bill,

Like you, I agree that this president has done the worst job in office since Jimmy Carter.  BUT

What the hell does that have to do with Stiffy's penchant for vile RACIST, BIGOTED, & HOMOPHOBIC sililoquys.

Oh, I get it!  Because he hates Obama, you feel a certain kinship with Stiffy.  Stiffy's a conservative Republican, like you, so you must therefor defend his dispicable behavior, no matter how disgusting.  Are you just slow, or do you agree with Stiffy on his constant racist, bigoted, & homophobic demagoguery?

• Same for you Enchilada?  Because others on the Left occasionally make inappropriate comments, you justify Stiffy's abhorrent behavior???  Wow!  I had not idea you were so deep, & so able to draw such moral equivalency with such ease?  I get it now!  

•  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

When are you fools on the FAR Right going to realize how much you are marginalizing the party of Reagan & Lincoln by enabling vile demagogues like Stiffy to speak for the party.  Your unwillingness to call him out speaks loud enough, but your blind & ignorant support for him tends to confirm for most your implicit agreement with his CONSTANT racist, bigoted, & homophobic sentiments.

Enchilada,  You really surprise me!   If you, as you claim, really have gay friends & don't get it, you are either out of touch or full of _______.  If you don't get that within certain groups people use pejorative remarks as terms of endearment, then you're not as smart as I've previously given you credit.  Many blacks for example will call eachother the N WORD.  As you should know, they are more than offended when people from other races use the term.  Same with gays.  My brother is gay, and will occasionally use the term ho --  mo.  He would be excedingly angered by others slinging it around. 

What exactly are you so confused about?  Are you perposefully trying to conflate the issue, thus obscuring the debate a la stiffy, or are you really this out of it?? 

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

When are you fools on the FAR Right going to realize how much you are marginalizing the party of Reagan & Lincoln by enabling vile demagogues like Stiffy to speak for the party.  Your inwillingness to call him out speaks loud enough, but your blind & ignorant support for him tends to confirm for most your implicit agreement with his CONSTANT racist, bigoted, & homophobic sentiments.

Enchilada,  You really surprise me!   If you, as you claim, really have gay friends & don't get it, you are either out of touch or full of _______.  If you don't get that, that within certain groups, people use pejorative remarks as terms of endearment, then you're not as smart as I've previously given you credit.  Many blacks for example will call eachother the N WORD.  As you should know, they are more than offended when people from other races use the term.  Same with gays.  My brother is gay, and will occasionally use the term ho --  mo.  He would be excedingly angered by others slinging it around. 

What exactly are you so confused about.  Are you perposefully trying to conflate the issue, thus obscuring the debate a la stiffy, or are you really this out of it?? 

Speaking as someone that considers himself to be a centrist economically and a liberal socially....the Softys of the world are a great boon to all left-leaning parties.  Their hysterical, bigoted nonsense drowns out the majority of decent, intelligent, right-leaning (small d) democrats.  If it continues it could marginalise the Republican Party for decades.

PRECISELY!  Hence, my disdain & loathing for guys like stiffy!

The stiffy's of the world, & of the Republican Party, MY Republican Party, make me sick!  They have, & will continue to marginalize MY party unless we cast them aside, into the dustbin of history.  They do nothing more than adding to the generally incorrect caricature of the out of touch, racist, bigoted, homophobic, misogynistic, angry old white guy, prototypical conservative Republican.

I say this as a proud conservative Republican, hoping to save our party from going over the historic cliff of history.  The stakes could not be higher with the economy on the brink of collapse.  The only reason Obama was able to win re-election after presiding over the worst economic recovery in modern history is because we give implicit quarter to those with marginal socio-political views.  The Stiffy's of this world.  When you've got a relatively bright young guy like Enchilada, willing to overlook the hate constantly spewed by Stiffy, & often agreeing with the out of touch 70 year old Bill-806 / 69, our party has a real problem!  It's time to say ENOUGH!!!!  

I get why these guys feel the need to use hyperbole to point out the hypocrisy on the LEFT.  They are often correct about the racial demagoguery on the Left, & their fondess for playing the race card.  However, they are either too stupid, too out of touch, too blind, or too demagogic themselves to call out REAL RACISM, BIGOTRY, & HOMOPHOBIA when they see it.

I'm tired of dealing with stupid people in my party.  I refuse to accept them as our base!  They do not speak for the heart of the party!  We need to champion equality of OPPORTUNITY for all!  Not equality of outcome!  Of course there is a big place in the party for cultural conservatism, but a place without the hate speech targeting all things gay or racial.

Having said all that, I should also say that the Democrats have also given their party over to the brain dead FAR LEFT demagogues.  Any thinking, rational, intelligent Dem., who contiues to ignore the pathetic job this president has done with respect to the economy is willfully blind.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

Never heard of soxtalk, so I just went to go check it put.  Same old softy over there, stepping on his soft box and calling every one who disagrees with him a mental midget.

Thanks for the location...

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts