SOFTLAW, removed by the "BIG O" as Softy calls........

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Re: SOFTLAW, removed by the

In response to LR3683paw's comment:

Natural Gas from domestic sources is a solution, so is solar and wind power power, so are more efficient cars.  Nothing wrong with that and I applaud the legislators who are in favor of that. Sadly, the two parties can't agree on such a simple solution. Another solution is to use our vast coal resources without polluting the air for millions of people downwind. Aren't the Republicans always the Party that cared not about the sh-it down river or the air downwind? Why is that? Why is one party so concerned about stock dividends for those companies that want to pollute our water and air in order to maximize profits? How moral is that?

You can demagogue the issue all you want, & I can explain my point more slowly if it helps.

I'm not going to get into the partisan politics of it.  It's so easy, & intellectually lazy to pretend it's just the evil Republicans who want to pollute the world while maximizing profits.  I simply argue that we don't live in a vacuum, & that our environmental standards are the best in the world, given the industry. 

As I clearly said, WE NEED RELATIVELY CHEAP ENERGY to compete in the world economy!  PERIOD!  Unless we want to slip to a second world nation economically.  Given this necessity, we need to capitalize on the DOMESTIC SOURCES available.  If we don't exploit the domestic sources we have, other countries certainly will, and do so in a far less environmentally sound way.  We sould still continue to produce green energy! 

I only argue that far too many are unwilling to talk about an energy policy as grown ups in the REAL WORLD.  The world where energy needs are soaring, & supply is dominated in the dirtiest parts of the world.  We can do it better & cleaner.  We can set the market with domestic energy & lead our way out of this horrible Recession. 

So let's not keep driving our huge SUV's around at the same time we argue "not in our back yard," oblivious to the fact that we get the energy somewhere.  Where?  The filthy middle east (which is still a part of our environment last I heard), & protect that source through endless wars.  I thought we hated pollution and WAR?  OR do we simply hate pollution in our country?  Are you still driving that car?  Buying those products that help pollute the world?  Cut the s h i t!

Save the demagoguery & listen to a grown up argument.

Don't want to hear it???  Grow up & don't come to this rediculous thread.  Of course it's absurd.  Get over yourself.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

Natural Gas from domestic sources is a solution, so is solar and wind power power, so are more efficient cars.  Nothing wrong with that and I applaud the legislators who are in favor of that. Sadly, the two parties can't agree on such a simple solution. Another solution is to use our vast coal resources without polluting the air for millions of people downwind. Aren't the Republicans always the Party that cared not about the sh-it down river or the air downwind? Why is that? Why is one party so concerned about stock dividends for those companies that want to pollute our water and air in order to maximize profits? How moral is that?

You can demagogue the issue all you want, & I can explain my point more slowly if it helps.

I'm not going to get into the partisan politics of it.  It's so easy, & intellectually lazy to pretend it's just the evil Republicans who want to pollute the world while maximizing profits.  I simply argue that we don't live in a vacuum, & that our environmental standards are the best in the world, given the industry. 

As I clearly said, WE NEED RELATIVELY CHEAP ENERGY to compete in the world economy!  PERIOD!  Unless we want to slip to a second world nation economically.  Given this necessity, we need to capitalize on the DOMESTIC SOURCES available.  If we don't exploit the domestic sources we have, other countries certainly will, and do so in a far less environmentally sound way.  We sould still continue to produce green energy! 

I only argue that far too many are unwilling to talk about an energy policy as grown ups in the REAL WORLD.  The world where energy needs are soaring, & supply is dominated in the dirtiest parts of the world.  We can do it better & cleaner.  We can set the market with domestic energy & lead our way out of this horrible Recession. 

So let's not keep driving our huge SUV's around at the same time we argue "not in our back yard," oblivious to the fact that we get the energy somewhere.  Where?  The filthy middle east (which is still a part of our environment last I heard), & protect that source through endless wars.  I thought we hated pollution and WAR?  OR do we simply hate pollution in our country?  Are you still driving that car?  Buying those products that help pollute the world?  Cut the s h i t!

Save the demagoguery & listen to a grown up argument.

Don't want to hear it???  Grow up & don't come to this rediculous thread.  Of course it's absurd.  Get over yourself.

I agree with your strategy so I don't know why you are being so hostile towards me. I want clean energy, solar , natural gas,  wind, safe nuclear, tides power, and more efficient cars, LED lighting, and many other energy smart solutions. I don't come here for conflict like many do.  Most Americans want us to be self sufficient and not be dependent on Middle East oil which we created two wars over. We need to harness the wind and solar power. Everone should agree with that - even a five year old kid knows that.

Sorry!  It was more a general rant against narrow minded partisan thinking.  Not you specifically!  Just going off a little :)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

It sort of drives me crazy, the people who constantly come to these ridiculous none Red Sox / baseball threads & berate the idiots who are bored & want to argue about something.  I fully admit being one of those morons who likes a decent socio-political debate.  I wish it could be done without the rancor, but that would probably take away some of the fun.  I know, I know!  I'm a little sick that way, but to me it's all in good fun.  Even when I occasionally lose it.  Just the way I grew up.  Irish Catholic. Boston...   Let it fly.  Get down & dirty for a bit, & 2 minutes later you really couldn't give a s hit.  I never take it personally, though I get that some really do.  The exception? Stiffy & co.  They truly are morons.

Anyway.....  No offense intended.  I could be completely full of s hit.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

...and some electricity is created from coal-fired plants...

However, electric cars are "greener" than gas guzzlers.

BINGO Moon!  Somebody actually got the point, not to mention THEFOURB's.

Approximately 40% of electricy comes from that horrific, disgusting, black, dirty, evil? coal.

How "green" is it really?  I'm constantly amazed at the fact that most people equate electric cars with a virtual "zero carbon footprint," to steal a phrase from big Al.

I don't have a problem with electric cars, just trying to inject a little bit of reality into the discussion.

They are still better than gas/oil cars, but they are hardly "zero carbon footprint" vehicles. 

So, if we're gonna go electric, I hope the president supports the expanded exploration and mining of coal, as we are the Saudi Arabia of coal in the world.  Why has he villified coal mining in his first term? 

It's dirty.

I assume we are going to get all that electricity somewhere??? 

"Nuculer"?? ( as GW called it)

Perhaps all those super ifficient wind mill farms & solar panel farms???  IDTS!

:)

In theory, maybe future electricity will be created in a cleaner way, but right now, it is not very clean. However, it is hard to imagine anyway will be invented to burn gas and oil cleanly, so electric does seem "greener" going forward, but not by as much as many feel it is.

I'm going to buy some land in the foothills of the Rockies and wait until it becomes prime beachfront property. I'm gonna make a killin'! Wanna join me the venture?

LOL...  Right behind ya :)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

I remember a few years back in this forum when the majority here said that the climate wasn't warming and that polar caps were not receding and that the oceans were not rising and getting warmer. It matters not what caused it, that is academic. The problem is that something has to be done about it. Why in the he-ll is it a political issue/

Stupid ideas like Cap & Trade, which would put the U.S. at a further disadvantage competing in a global.....  global marketplace.....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Or how 'bout them "carbon credits."

Analogous to the glutinous paying thin people to go on a diet for them.  At least they feel like they're doing something to help fight obesity.....   It's all about "feeling" you've done something to make a change.  Or at least make guys like Al Gore get rich quick, while living in a 30,000 sq. foot mansion, all while whining about "carbon footprints."  PLEASE!   :)   Ya gotta love his b alls!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

I like the trading carbon credit scheme. It is like saying "okay we have not polluted a lot so we will sell our credits to you (thus ensuring pollution is continued) to another company for a profit."

Either way the actual pollution is not curbed

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

Or how 'bout them "carbon credits."

Analogous to the glutinous paying thin people to go on a diet for them.  At least they feel like they're doing something to help fight obesity.....   It's all about "feeling" you've done something to make a change.  Or at least make guys like Al Gore get rich quick, while living in a 30,000 sq. foot mansion, all while whining about "carbon footprints."  PLEASE!   :)   Ya gotta love his b alls!

Lake Oswego?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

I'm going to buy some land in the foothills of the Rockies and wait until it becomes prime beachfront property. I'm gonna make a killin'! Wanna join me the venture?

Not a bad punt.  About a quarter of Denmark's electricity is from wind turbines, and they plan to raise that to 50% by 2020....and Danish plans actually tend to happen.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Does it matter........  As the "BIG O" destroys America's chance at ENERGY FREEDOM with the "SOLANDRA" type pipe dream......... "DRILL BABY DRILL" !!!!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

Does it matter........  As the "BIG O" destroys America's chance at ENERGY FREEDOM with the "SOLANDRA" type pipe dream......... "DRILL BABY DRILL" !!!!!!

That's coherent; and learn how to spell.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Nikola Tesla wanted to create free, wireless energy using earth as ground.

Once JP Morgan, Westinghouse et.al. caught wind of his non-profit venture in New York, all financing stopped.  The financial backers wanted nothing to do with the genius if it meant cutting into their profit.

Tesla(the father of alternating current), eventually died penniless.

Only God knows what would have happened if Tesla allowed all his thoughts to become reality.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

In response to ampoule's comment:

Nikola Tesla wanted to create free, wireless energy using earth as ground.

Once JP Morgan, Westinghouse et.al. caught wind of his non-profit venture in New York, all financing stopped.  The financial backers wanted nothing to do with the genius if it meant cutting into their profit.

Tesla(the father of alternating current), eventually died penniless.

Only God knows what would have happened if Tesla allowed all his thoughts to become reality.

Is this a criticsm of capitalism?

Aside from that, I'm not so sure Tesla's ideas would have led to any such reality.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

So, the BIG O is involved? OK then.

Some also think he engineered Hurricane Sandy.

Bill has an obsession with Oscar Robertson for some reason.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

""DRILL BABY DRILL" "

Yeah that's a great long term solution Bill. Thanks for sharing your Fox News talking points drivel with us. Please let us know when you decide to think for yourself and wrap your head around complex problems.

Meanwhile your hero softy should be back here soon, he can't seem to find another baseball board besides this one where he can call people "mental midgets" and have them gratefully lap up his nuggets of baseball knowledge that he wraps in layers of ideology and bias. 

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

In response to nhsteven's comment:

So, the BIG O is involved? OK then.

Some also think he engineered Hurricane Sandy.

Bill has an obsession with Oscar Robertson for some reason.

But, the Big O was involved in a blockbuster trade to the Bucks.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

""DRILL BABY DRILL" "

Yeah that's a great long term solution Bill. Thanks for sharing your Fox News talking points drivel with us. Please let us know when you decide to think for yourself and wrap your head around complex problems.

Meanwhile your hero softy should be back here soon, he can't seem to find another baseball board besides this one where he can call people "mental midgets" and have them gratefully lap up his nuggets of baseball knowledge that he wraps in layers of ideology and bias. 

Thanks TROLL.....  The best compliment I have ever had on this board, was not being named "2012 POSTER OF THE YEAR" (although that was nice) but when some posters said, "SOFTY & BILL-806" were one of the same !!!!!  Can you imagine that ??

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts