SOFTLAW, removed by the "BIG O" as Softy calls........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: SOFTLAW, removed by the

Does it matter........  As the "BIG O" destroys America's chance at ENERGY FREEDOM with the "SOLANDRA" type pipe dream......... "DRILL BABY DRILL" !!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

Does it matter........  As the "BIG O" destroys America's chance at ENERGY FREEDOM with the "SOLANDRA" type pipe dream......... "DRILL BABY DRILL" !!!!!!

That's coherent; and learn how to spell.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Nikola Tesla wanted to create free, wireless energy using earth as ground.

Once JP Morgan, Westinghouse et.al. caught wind of his non-profit venture in New York, all financing stopped.  The financial backers wanted nothing to do with the genius if it meant cutting into their profit.

Tesla(the father of alternating current), eventually died penniless.

Only God knows what would have happened if Tesla allowed all his thoughts to become reality.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

In response to ampoule's comment:

Once JP Morgan, Westinghouse et.al. caught wind of his non-profit venture in New York, all financing stopped.  The financial backers wanted nothing to do with the genius if it meant cutting into their profit.

Only God knows what would have happened if Tesla allowed all his thoughts to become reality.

Is this a criticsm of capitalism?

Aside from that, I'm not so sure Tesla's ideas would have led to any such reality.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

So, the BIG O is involved? OK then.

Some also think he engineered Hurricane Sandy.

Bill has an obsession with Oscar Robertson for some reason.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

""DRILL BABY DRILL" "

Yeah that's a great long term solution Bill. Thanks for sharing your Fox News talking points drivel with us. Please let us know when you decide to think for yourself and wrap your head around complex problems.

Meanwhile your hero softy should be back here soon, he can't seem to find another baseball board besides this one where he can call people "mental midgets" and have them gratefully lap up his nuggets of baseball knowledge that he wraps in layers of ideology and bias. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

In response to nhsteven's comment:

So, the BIG O is involved? OK then.

Some also think he engineered Hurricane Sandy.

Bill has an obsession with Oscar Robertson for some reason.

But, the Big O was involved in a blockbuster trade to the Bucks.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

""DRILL BABY DRILL" "

Yeah that's a great long term solution Bill. Thanks for sharing your Fox News talking points drivel with us. Please let us know when you decide to think for yourself and wrap your head around complex problems.

Meanwhile your hero softy should be back here soon, he can't seem to find another baseball board besides this one where he can call people "mental midgets" and have them gratefully lap up his nuggets of baseball knowledge that he wraps in layers of ideology and bias. 

Thanks TROLL.....  The best compliment I have ever had on this board, was not being named "2012 POSTER OF THE YEAR" (although that was nice) but when some posters said, "SOFTY & BILL-806" were one of the same !!!!!  Can you imagine that ??

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to devildavid's comment:

In response to devildavid's comment:

Is this a criticsm of capitalism?

Aside from that, I'm not so sure Tesla's ideas would have led to any such reality.

Personally, I'm pro-capitalism...what's the alternative?  Tesla was more interested in free utilities for the world.  His thoughts and ideas were always based on helping humanity and not the monetary gain like his adversary Thomas Edison.

If you've done any reading about him, it's just interesting to think what could have been achieved.  Society, as it now exists, would be completely different....even more so than alternating current.

In essence, Tesla was light years ahead of his time and, at that time, I think capitalism did interefere.  It would be interesting if his genius was available in todays world.

I don't understand. If capitalism interfered with a potentially better world, why are you in favor of it? If something as vital to our economy as electricity should be free, why stop there? If the profit motive does not always bring out the best in man, how can capitalism be better than any alternative?

It's idealism vs. reality.

Realistically, we don't have an effective or efficient way to produce sufficient energy without interference from some group.

Tesla had ideas to make it a reality.

This wouldn't necessarily mean the end of capitalism.  Capitalism could still exist with free energy.  Actually, it would probably thrive....manufacturing etc.

In Tesla's time, capitalism interfered with his potential.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Just wondering if I've been banned?  Can't start a thread!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Can spring training be far behind ????  Cabin fever is not healthy !!!

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to SinceYaz's comment:

Just one question ....

I make a comment political in only its reference and Pike goes all ape shirt on me .... and even gets some to "see his point" - which totally missed my point ... and am told politics are not to be mixed with this sacred forum ...

But Bill makes political commentary all the time ... and whutdeheck, it happens and happens and happens ....

I don't get it....

Oh, the question?

Howcome?

Bill lives by his own rules. And pike seems to have adopted a hands off policy regarding him for some reason.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Just one question ....

I make a comment political in only its reference and Pike goes all ape shirt on me .... and even gets some to "see his point" - which totally missed my point ... and am told politics are not to be mixed with this sacred forum ...

But Bill makes political commentary all the time ... and whutdeheck, it happens and happens and happens ....

I don't get it....

Oh, the question?

Howcome?

Sorry.... As DAD would say........  "SON, HOW CAN YOU GET MAD AT BILL-806" ????

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Just one question ....

I don't get it....

Oh, the question?

Howcome?

Sorry.... As DAD would say........  "SON, HOW CAN YOU GET MAD AT BILL-806" ????

Hehe ... not mad at you at all, Bill.  The focus really lies elsewhere.  Besides, who could not love a guy who always showed how much Dad meant to him?????

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

SOFTY OH SOFTY, WHERE ART ARE THOU ???    Boy, this board is quiet without you !!  The T-BALLERS  have no one to pick on and they call that a victory for the "LIB/LEFT/RAD/SOC/MOONBATS"  !!     Get back sooon, we need you on that wall, we want you on that wall, you provide the blanket of security that we all live under !!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to Triumph-'s comment:

SOFTY OH SOFTY, WHERE ART ARE THOU ???    Boy, this board is quiet without you !!  The T-BALLERS  have no one to pick on and they call that a victory for the "LIB/LEFT/RAD/SOC/MOONBATS"  !!     Get back sooon, we need you on that wall, we want you on that wall, you provide the blanket of security that we all live under !!!!

Hope he never comes back.

You really don't mean that, do you ????

Sections
Shortcuts