SOFTLAW, removed by the "BIG O" as Softy calls........

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Re: SOFTLAW, removed by the

In response to ampoule's comment:

Before many of you were born, I had a Barry Goldwater bumper sticker on my car when living in Taxachusetts.  And, I was proud of it.

I'm certain all those conservative 3rd grade shool teachers there were very supportive...not.

You are sadly correct Bill.  I was talking more socially conservative.  Most teachers do tend to be socially conservative, as they are confronted by the ills of society on a daily basis.  They are very tolerant, but relatively socially conservative on many social issues.

Economically speaking???  Sadly, few understand a GD thing about economics!  Too many in the public sector do!  They are slowly learning with all the necessary cuts that directly impact them & their fellow teachers.  Not quickly enough, & they easily slide back into illogical economic thinking.  Way too blindly partisan & demagogic to boot!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to LR3683paw's comment:

I'm certain all those conservative 3rd grade shool teachers there were very supportive...not.

Putting this "not" word at the end of a positive statement is new to me. I thought that it was only a Burrito / Enchilada thing. What English teacher taught you that this was proper grammar?

Watch the movie 'Borat" Pike, then you'll understand the joke.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to ampoule's comment:

Putting this "not" word at the end of a positive statement is new to me. I thought that it was only a Burrito / Enchilada thing. What English teacher taught you that this was proper grammar?

Watch the movie 'Borat" Pike, then you'll understand the joke.

HI FIEV!!

ahlalalalalalalaaaa you will never get thiiiiss.. until one day, he broke out of cage, and he got that.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Most college professors are liberal now and over the last five decades.

Yes!  This is IRONICALLY TRUE.  I love the "Occupy Wall Street," movement championed by iberal professors.

Too bad they are so blindly ideological to see that students should be, & will likely start an "Occupy Your College Campus" movement, when students wake up to the fact that they are being force fed a great deal of liberal economic nonsense, while being simultaneously being so boorly educated that they can't find a job after digging themselves into a lifetime of debt to afford a useless degree.  University costs have tripled in 15 short years, but somehow these wonderful liberal professors, who are getting RICK by taking advantage of the system, have no problem with folks getting rich off this big business????  All the while, the middle class which props this whole thing up is quickly disappearing.  A crash is coming!  & these selfish ba stards deserve it!  Once again the middle class foots the bill.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

p.s.   The affirmative thought followed by "NOT!" was popularized well before the movie Burat.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

p.s.   The affirmative thought followed by "NOT!" was popularized well before the movie Burat.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In keeping with my pledge to civility, I respectfully call on Bill, Enchilada, & others to call out the racist & homophobic rants by Stiffy!  I hope you will come to realize the marginalizing effect guys like the Stiff one have on our party!

If not, you run the risk of giving the country nowhere to turn in fighting against the ignorant economic policies championed by this president.  You are helping to prop up the second coming of Jimmy Carter on steroids!  There must be a radical course correction for this economic ship of state, but we can't do that if there are no sane adults in the Republican Party for folks to turn to. 

Enough of the short sighted partisan political pizzing matches!  Time for the silent majority to stand up & be counted!  Folks in the middle, with those middle class jobs, time to wake up if you don't think a trickle down collapse will hit you!  You think those pensions are safe?  Not if there's NO MONEY LEFT to pay them!  Especially for those like me in the public sector.  Our PERS (Public Employees Retirement System)  has a $2 BILLION unfunded liability.  We will soon pay almost 40% of the budget to pay retirees.  How long to public sector employees expect this ponzi scheme to go on????  The same can be said for Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, & so many other unfunded liabilities in our country......  This can't go on, but we have very few adults willing to step up & tell folks we have been duped.  Politicians on both sides have been buying our votes for the last 60 years, & we seem unable to think rationally!?!?!  The party has to end sometime, & I fear the crash!

Time to wake up folks!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to 808soxfan's comment:

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

In response to nhsteven's comment:

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Mccain "reach out and repeat racist and bigot and homophobe as you reach out to federal identity classes" would have been a disaster, but the Obama debt and deficits are the worst economic disisasters in American history.

That's not what most of the economists say; they're for stimulus. BTW, if there was a good conservative candidate, I would vote for him. Who would you want? Maybe I'm missing somebody. (Giuliani?)

Very few out there!  Without the demagoguery & guilt by association, Paul Ryan is a brilliant guy, & has a good grip on the economic issues.  I hope he did not marginalize himself by accepting Romney's choice for VP!  Romney, for that matter, is & was a very decent man, who was successfully pilloried by the left leaning media.   Likely not a great deal of difference between him & Obama.  I do think he would have put the economy front & center though, which clearly this president does not want to do.  While the grass roots Republicans need to stop the foolishness over protecting Billionaires from paying 12% on Cap gains while the rest of us pay about 30% on our EARNED income, Obama neither understands or respects how the PRIVATE SECTOR needs to be the engine driving this country.  Energy would be the logical place to focus a broad based economic agenda, but his blind ideology keeps him from doing what is necessary to save our economy.  Many liberals are oblivious to the FACT that without a turn around in the private sector, will soon be FORCED TO MAKE THE DRACONIAN CUTS liberals are want to demagogue.  WE ARE BROKE!  My fellow teachers have a hard time wrapping their brains around where the money comes from for education & all social services!!!  Time for many to grow up & face economic realities, before we become GREECE.  I pray that President Obama can be dragged back to the center!  Now sure we have a Newt like Republican Revolution in the near term making.  Clinton was smart enough to move back to the center, & we all prospered.  Obama????  Our only hope is that centrist Dems grow up & grow a pair! 

To this debate.....  Both reasonable Dems & Republicans must come together & tell the fringes on opposite political poles to shut the FFFFFFFFFFF   up!

Not that I enter into political debates here..... but I would give that a big PLUS 1!

McCain wanted to go into Syria as well. Every country we invade, the Chinese laugh more. They are the closest to the US in military spending and yet spend 10% of what we do. No one else is close. The military spending of the next 20 counries combined equals that of the USA. We need to get out of Afghanistan - - the place that was arbitrarily called a country! We had a mission there and it is now very long over.

America has to stay home and focus on the economy. That includes building up the private sector and offering tax breaks, if necessary, to get jobs back to America. Working on government contracts, it is very difficult to "buy American"; yet at the same time, our major defense contractors tack a 300% or more overhead on everything that the US government buys. But, they will take you out for a "free lunch" when you sign a contract. I feel bad for the guys in the field who are actually protecting this country. Do they get a pay raise?

Your point about energy is also spot on. We have to reduce our dependency on oil or wars over vanishing supplies will become more common. If we had 30-40% efficiency solar cells, we would be in a much different position than we are now.

I refuse to take shots at either side of the aisle. Both are correct. Rich have to pay more taxes, as in pre-Bush and pre-Reagan, at least in the short term. Entitlement programs have to be cut back. Get out of Afghanistan and cut defense spending to pre-2001 levels when we still maintained a Navy with 10 carriers!! Take some of that money and bring jobs home.

Agreed! 

This thing is not that complicated, yet we allow the demagogues to rule the day & set the aganda.

Tax cuts to bring big business home?  ABSOLUTELY!  We don't live in a vacuum.

Energy Policy?  Time to strap on the big boy pants & push a broad based policy.

* Sure! Continue to refine "green" energy, but go balls to the wall on clean coal & Natural gas!!!!  We are the Saudi Arabia of both, but it's just too messy for our Liberal Demagogues who couldn't think their way out of a paper bag.  They are more comfortable with their hypocritical "NO DRILLING IN MY BACK YARD," STANCE.  Say what?  You'd rather STAY AT WAR in the middle easy, to make sure we pollute their desert & keep our country pristine????  Do you drive a freaking car or not?  Do we need the energy?  Do we need cheap energy to compete in a global market?  Are you heating YOUR house with cost prohibitive solar?  Ever driven by a windmill farm & seen how many are NOT TURNING in big winds???  Grow the FFFF up!

WAR?  Where have all my anti-war friends on the left gone?  I bashed Bush for taking us into 2 insane and ill-advised wars!  Obama adds 150,000 troops to Afghanistan & you blokes say boo.

"Immoral Debt?"  Pres. Obama in 2007    Now?  Adds $6.5 TRILLION to the debt in 4 short years.  We are rocketing toward Greek like debt to GDP ratios.  Where are the anti-debt Left now???

HCR?  "Costs for the middle class are immoral?  I will lower your costs."  Obama 2007

Average cost to middle class family up $2500 / yr.  & the Left says boo

No budgets in 4 years?  The Dems say boo!  Spending continues at will........

If main stream Dems refuse to face these facts, we are doomed!

By 2016 we will likely be $23+ TRILLION in Debt & our economy will CRASH!

Sane Dems!  Time to join Sane Republicans!  This must stop!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

p.s.   Why are my ramblings relevant?  These BIG ISSUES!  The ones that will determine whether or not we survive as THE economic super-power of the world, depend on us staying focused on the important issues facing our country.  If we allow the Far Right Wing morons, such as Stiffy, to continue demagoguing the hell out of social issues, with the divisive & hate-filled rhetoric we've been talking about, we are all in a world of hurt!!!!  Tell the Wing Nuts on the Left and Right to stick it up their arsss---es.  The rest of us need to come to common ground & fix these problems!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

If Republicans allow the Stiff one to define our party, we are finished as a relevant political party!

& the Country will be doomed without a viable dessenting party to stem & reverse the tide.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment

Mccain "reach out and repeat racist and bigot and homophobe as you reach out to federal identity classes" would have been a disaster, but the Obama debt and deficits are the worst economic disisasters in American history.

That's not what most of the economists say; they're for stimulus. BTW, if there was a good conservative candidate, I would vote for him. Who would you want? Maybe I'm missing somebody. (Giuliani?)

Very few out there!  Without the demagoguery & guilt by association, Paul Ryan is a brilliant guy, & has a good grip on the economic issues.  I hope he did not marginalize himself by accepting Romney's choice for VP!  Romney, for that matter, is & was a very decent man, who was successfully pilloried by the left leaning media.   Likely not a great deal of difference between him & Obama.  I do think he would have put the economy front & center though, which clearly this president does not want to do.  While the grass roots Republicans need to stop the foolishness over protecting Billionaires from paying 12% on Cap gains while the rest of us pay about 30% on our EARNED income, Obama neither understands or respects how the PRIVATE SECTOR needs to be the engine driving this country.  Energy would be the logical place to focus a broad based economic agenda, but his blind ideology keeps him from doing what is necessary to save our economy.  Many liberals are oblivious to the FACT that without a turn around in the private sector, will soon be FORCED TO MAKE THE DRACONIAN CUTS liberals are want to demagogue.  WE ARE BROKE!  My fellow teachers have a hard time wrapping their brains around where the money comes from for education & all social services!!!  Time for many to grow up & face economic realities, before we become GREECE.  I pray that President Obama can be dragged back to the center!  Now sure we have a Newt like Republican Revolution in the near term making.  Clinton was smart enough to move back to the center, & we all prospered.  Obama????  Our only hope is that centrist Dems grow up & grow a pair! 

To this debate.....  Both reasonable Dems & Republicans must come together & tell the fringes on opposite political poles to shut the FFFFFFFFFFF   up!

Not that I enter into political debates here..... but I would give that a big PLUS 1!

McCain wanted to go into Syria as well. Every country we invade, the Chinese laugh more. They are the closest to the US in military spending and yet spend 10% of what we do. No one else is close. The military spending of the next 20 counries combined equals that of the USA. We need to get out of Afghanistan - - the place that was arbitrarily called a country! We had a mission there and it is now very long over.

America has to stay home and focus on the economy. That includes building up the private sector and offering tax breaks, if necessary, to get jobs back to America. Working on government contracts, it is very difficult to "buy American"; yet at the same time, our major defense contractors tack a 300% or more overhead on everything that the US government buys. But, they will take you out for a "free lunch" when you sign a contract. I feel bad for the guys in the field who are actually protecting this country. Do they get a pay raise?

Your point about energy is also spot on. We have to reduce our dependency on oil or wars over vanishing supplies will become more common. If we had 30-40% efficiency solar cells, we would be in a much different position than we are now.

I refuse to take shots at either side of the aisle. Both are correct. Rich have to pay more taxes, as in pre-Bush and pre-Reagan, at least in the short term. Entitlement programs have to be cut back. Get out of Afghanistan and cut defense spending to pre-2001 levels when we still maintained a Navy with 10 carriers!! Take some of that money and bring jobs home.

All good ideas. And that's the key word here, "idealistic". Thanks to greed & corruption, this shall never happen.

Correct. I can't tell you how many times I have heard that wars are good for the economy from defense contractors. I vote for a strong country and a strong military, but the defense complex in this country will happily promote as many wars as possible to maintain profit. Why not? It's not their kids serving in these wars. There is a HUGE difference between supporting our troops and supporting the companies making a huge profit on wars and giving nothing back. Our military is just as frustrated with acquisition prices for the fixed high profits.

Shifting the economy to other objectives, like green energy, clean coal, etc. will be nearly impossible, as the other lobby "King Oil" speaks out against it.

One would think the oil companies would push harder for domestic drilling, of which the supply is plenty, until you read that they have huge vested interest in the shipping industry.

Not to villify the oil compainies without pointing out the ignorance of the Left, who decries WAR, yet would rather keep cheap drilling in the Middle East, despite the WAR it perpetuates.  Then again, under President Obama it's no longer quite as cool to protest against war.  When he added 150,000 troops to Afghanistan without so much as a peep from the anti-war Dems, they completely abandoned the moral high ground.  Of course, they also jumped right on board with Iraq when the political winds were blowing in their faces.   Dispicable!

Our kids deserved better!  At least Bush actually beleived the NEO-Con nonsense!  I don't excuse him for his ignorance, but at least it explains his rush to go.  BTW.....  It was Bill Clinton who called Sadam Hussein the most dangerous dictator in the world, & warned against his WMD's.  Plenty of blame to go around.....

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

All good ideas. And that's the key word here, "idealistic". Thanks to greed & corruption, this shall never happen.

Correct. I can't tell you how many times I have heard that wars are good for the economy from defense contractors. I vote for a strong country and a strong military, but the defense complex in this country will happily promote as many wars as possible to maintain profit. Why not? It's not their kids serving in these wars. There is a HUGE difference between supporting our troops and supporting the companies making a huge profit on wars and giving nothing back. Our military is just as frustrated with acquisition prices for the fixed high profits.

Shifting the economy to other objectives, like green energy, clean coal, etc. will be nearly impossible, as the other lobby "King Oil" speaks out against it.

From what I understand, they sabotaged the wind energy research on the Cape.

All they needed to stop the windmills off the Cape was for the hypocritiacal not in my back yard Libs to gin up support by demagoguing "saving birds & the environment."  It had absolutely nothing to do with rich Liberals, like the Kennedys, not wanting to sail past these eye sores on their beautiful yachts.     NOT  :)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

From what I understand, they sabotaged the wind energy research on the Cape.

All they needed to stop the windmills off the Cape was for the hypocritiacal not in my back yard Libs to gin up support by demagoguing "saving birds & the environment."  It had absolutely nothing to do with rich Liberals, like the Kennedys, not wanting to sail past these eye sores on their beautiful yachts.     NOT  :)

With the oil companies pulling the strings behind the scenes.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Rich liberals & conservatives with beautiful places on the beaches of the Cape didn't need the nefarious oil companies to manifulate them.  In fact, most folks who simply love spending time on the cape didn't need much manifulation.  It was a cost benefit analysis for most.  The cost of the eye sore outweighed the benefit.  I do love to tweak the Libs who tout green unless they have to see it "in their back yards" though.  LOL

If we are going to do green, taking advantage of renewables, it should be done by the government with ZERO cost to the taxpayers, as we already have to subsidize it's high cost.  There should be no competitive motive, as it is already a joke with respec to being a cost efficient alternative.  As most green energy is.  I could go on in depth to explain, but I'd be wasting my time. 

btw...  clean green?  Electric cars green?  Really?  How do we charge those batteries???

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Nice job, 808...I have tried to stay out of the political fray as much as possible, but I cannot help but make a few comments....The conventional wisdom that we need to move to the center, and just stop listening to the far right and the lefty moonbats seems reasonable enough...But it ignores the fact that the permissible political discussion range is skewed significantly to the right to begin with in this country.  You have Fox promoting the Republican right, and MSNBC (Comcast 51%/GE 49%) shamelessly promoting Obama at every turn...If the focus stays purely and simply on "how to get the good old economy" going, then some of the centrist talking points do make sense...Despite all the extant propaganda about the "socialist Obama", he has given the multinationals, the military and the ruling elites MOST of what they want, while at the same time putting an avowedly "liberal" face on the latter day American Roman Empire...Why do you think GE and Comcast continue to sing his praises? He has actually helped to neutralize much of the progressive opposition to some of his centrist policies...The site MoveOn.org has been in thrall to Obama for a long time, and they are a prime example of the latter,,,,

I am posting an article by John Pilger, the Australian journalist who has put his own life on the line covering police state repression in Indonesia, East Timor and elsewhere...He points out in a separate article that he is not trying to "demonize" Obama, but that this is the reality of what he has wrought as the Mc Donalds store manager of the New Roman Empire....I challenge anyone on this site, no matter what your political persuasion is, to read the entire article to the end..It's not that long...Here is a decidedly different view of what the "socialist Obama" has brought to the world's table...

http://www.zcommunications.org/the-world-war-on-democracy-by-john-pilger

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

I don't even need to read it to guess the thesis.  That being, that socialism / or a social democratic agenda does little more than spread the misery, as opposed to a rising capitalist tide raising all boats.

One of the most telling quotes by Obama was when he recently appeared on Leno, where he said he could no longer help his 7th grade daughter with math.  It rang true, and absolutely frightening.  All his knowledge of the economy is strictly theoretical, and has been shaped by the FAR LEFT professors he studied under.  Any true discernment would have given a reasonable person pause in swallowing this tripe lock stock & barrel, however it seems clear that's exactly what this president did.  This president has outperformed any notion of the once feared Manchurian candidate.  Nothing to do with where he was born, simply based on his brainwashing by the most radical of ultra-Liberal intelligencia.  White liberal guilt keeps those intelligent enough to see the folly such ultra liberal economic philosophies, which have been disproven time & time again.  This is not to say that Capitalism is without major pitfalls, especially in the world of globalization.  We need a big tweak to our capitalist system, but jumping ship to adopt a socialist agenda only guarantees misery for millions, especially those toiling in places like Indonesia!

Very sad & dangerous where this president is wanting to take us.  I do not impute maliscious motives, simply an economic naivete that is dangerous! 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

I don't even need to read it to guess the thesis.  That being, that socialism / or a social democratic agenda does little more than spread the misery, as opposed to a rising capitalist tide raising all boats.

One of the most telling quotes by Obama was when he recently appeared on Leno, where he said he could no longer help his 7th grade daughter with math.  It rang true, and absolutely frightening.  All his knowledge of the economy is strictly theoretical, and has been shaped by the FAR LEFT professors he studied under.  Any true discernment would have given a reasonable person pause in swallowing this tripe lock stock & barrel, however it seems clear that's exactly what this president did.  This president has outperformed any notion of the once feared Manchurian candidate.  Nothing to do with where he was born, simply based on his brainwashing by the most radical of ultra-Liberal intelligencia.  White liberal guilt keeps those intelligent enough to see the folly such ultra liberal economic philosophies, which have been disproven time & time again.  This is not to say that Capitalism is without major pitfalls, especially in the world of globalization.  We need a big tweak to our capitalist system, but jumping ship to adopt a socialist agenda only guarantees misery for millions, especially those toiling in places like Indonesia!

Very sad & dangerous where this president is wanting to take us.  I do not impute maliscious motives, simply an economic naivete that is dangerous! 

I am certainly not talking about a socialist agenda, nor are the vast majority of the progressives I work with, dog....But doing something about a warming planet in peril, and pervasive poverty, starvation and depredation around the globe is another story...And I do urge you to take a minute or two to actually read the article, dog...

Sections
Shortcuts