Softlaw to become a Braves fan

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

Re: Softlaw to become a Braves fan

In Response to Re: Softlaw to become a Braves fan:
    How many CF'ers are there with 100 PA? Are these CF'ers in the leadoff spot? Matt Kemp. And who do you propose? Who is "Ells"? Is that your puppy dog?
    Posted by SoxSoldRed

Matt Kemp among the top three Centerfielders in the game right now. The Sox cannot have the top three of each position on the team, that's now how this game works. Deal with it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SleeStack1. Show SleeStack1's posts

Who is "Ells"? Is that your puppy dog?
    Posted by SoxSoldRed

Who is Bellsbury?  Is that your Mom calling you to dinner?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxSoldRed. Show SoxSoldRed's posts

Can't wait to see Crawbust get "really hot", miles under Mars.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

How many CF'ers are there with 100 PA? Are these CF'ers in the leadoff spot? Matt Kemp. And who do you propose? Who is "Ells"? Is that your puppy dog?
    Posted by SoxSoldRed

There are 14 F'ers with at least 100 PA's in the AL, 29 in MLB.  Just because you play CF does not mean you're a lead off hitter, but as has been stated on numerous occasions on this board, Ells' OBP is well above league average for lead off hitters.

And how do you propose the Sox acquire Matt Kemp?

I propose we hold onto Ells during his relatively cheap arb years, although I would certainly entertain offers this off season and depending on the options going into 2013, I would likely look to deal him prior to the start of the 2013 season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from StatsFromLouie. Show StatsFromLouie's posts

Posted by SoxSoldRed

Matt Kemp's UZR this season is -3.5, second worst in baseball for CF and nearly -3 worse than Ellsbury. I'm happy to see you put such an emphasis on defense for the players you hate while ignore it for the ones you like.

And there are 26 CF with at least 136 PA. Just saying. If you want to compare Ellsbury to only leadoff hitters, then he gets to compete against players like Juan Pierre and Sam Fuld. Do you really want him to look even better?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

In Response to Re: Softlaw to become a Braves fan : Matt Kemp's UZR this season is -3.5, second worst in baseball for CF and nearly -3 worse than Ellsbury. I'm happy to see you put such an emphasis on defense for the players you hate while ignore it for the ones you like. And there are 26 CF with at least 136 PA. Just saying. If you want to compare Ellsbury to only leadoff hitters, then he gets to compete against players like Juan Pierre and Sam Fuld. Do you really want him to look even better?
    Posted by StatsFromLouie

Just the normal moving of the goalpost here.  Softy can't decide if he dislike's Ells as a CF or as a lead-off man.  Unfortunately for him Ells grades out above average for both.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxSoldRed. Show SoxSoldRed's posts

I would likely look to deal him prior to the start of the 2013 season.

You won't get much for the final year of arbitration.

With Kemp, the UZR is in the bottom tier along with Ellsbury, except that Kemp has more than the paper arm that Ellsbury has. In addition, Kemp can handle a corner OF spot, long term, as well as split time in CF, because he slugs well enough to do so.

Are you two submitting that you'd rather have Ellsbury than Kemp? I think not.

I propose capturing Bellsbury's arbitration control and higher NL skillset value by sellling before the beginning of next season. The Dodgers have finanical issues, so I'll leave it to your brilliance to decide how Kemp could be acquired. It's pretty obvious, there, hello!!!!!!!!!!

JB, I submit that you don't have any goalpost, other than your statements that average CF defender includes a bottom tier UZR and UZR 150 profile. No need to patronize JB, you aren't very intelligent. This board might lead you to believe that.

A .347 OBP is the career average for this poor defensive scatback. It is what it is, but the player seems to be viewed as a star player. Perhaps if he looked like Ellis Burks the preception would be different. I think so.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from StatsFromLouie. Show StatsFromLouie's posts

A .347 OBP is the career average for this poor defensive scatback. It is what it is, but the player seems to be viewed as a star player. Perhaps if he looked like Ellis Burks the preception would be different. I think so.
    Posted by SoxSoldRed

Actually, Matt Kemp has a career .341 OBP. I didn't want you to give undeserved credit to Kemp.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

I would likely look to deal him prior to the start of the 2013 season. You won't get much for the final year of arbitration. With Kemp, the UZR is in the bottom tier along with Ellsbury, except that Kemp has more than the paper arm that Ellsbury has. In addition, Kemp can handle a corner OF spot, long term, as well as split time in CF, because he slugs well enough to do so. Are you two submitting that you'd rather have Ellsbury than Kemp? I think not. I propose capturing Bellsbury's arbitration control and higher NL skillset value by sellling before the beginning of next season. The Dodgers have finanical issues, so I'll leave it to your brilliance to decide how Kemp could be acquired. It's pretty obvious, there, hello!!!!!!!!!! JB, I submit that you don't have any goalpost, other than your statements that average CF defender includes a bottom tier UZR and UZR 150 profile. No need to patronize JB, you aren't very intelligent. This board might lead you to believe that. A .347 OBP is the career average for this poor defensive scatback. It is what it is, but the player seems to be viewed as a star player. Perhaps if he looked like Ellis Burks the preception would be different. I think so.
    Posted by SoxSoldRed

Did you skim over the part where I stated I would entertain offers this off season?  

Just because a team has financial issues doesn't mean they'll give away a high end player for nothing.  What package would you give up to get Kemp?  The question isn't who would I rather have, Ells or Kemp.  The question is who would I rather have, Ells + prospects or Kemp.  I'll take the higher upside with Ells + prospects.  Now if I were to trade Ells after the 2012 season, one possible replacement would certainly be Kemp, as a FA.

Love you too Softy.

Sections
Shortcuts