Softlaw's One Game Cheerleader Thread! Go John Lackey Go!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: Softlaw's One Game Cheerleader Thread! Go John Lackey Go!

I always worry about the 5th inning with lackey. If he get get through it Ok, Ill feel better.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Ciriaco, the butcher, cost Lackey more pitches with yet ANOTHER bad throw. That guy has the most erratic arm Ive seen. I know its picking nits about a UI, but couldnt we find a better alternative than him? Hes awful.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Ciriaco, the butcher, cost Lackey more pitches with yet ANOTHER bad throw. That guy has the most erratic arm Ive seen. I know its picking nits about a UI, but couldnt we find a better alternative than him? Hes awful.

exactly...ciriaco is horrible....can't hit can't play D.... why is he here?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to raider3524's comment:

to run for Ortiz in late innings it seems...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to raider3524's comment:

to run for Ortiz in late innings it seems...

i can do that....

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Yes, call up Iglesias and make S. Drew the UIF'er.

Ciriaco is a UIF/2b backup guy. The SS and 3B is going to be a problem. S. Drew's ability to play more is a problem.

At the end of the day, Ciriaco should be pulled for a defensive replacement (the starter) if the score is close in the late innings.

brock holt

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Brock holt cant hit either, but he can play 2b, ss, and 3b. Although over his MiL career hes been very error prone. Doesnt look like we have many options there.

I like Drew, at least for one year. 1 error, steady defense and a good bat. Iggy needs to stop his whining in AAA before hes handed anything IMO.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

If they are in the PO race, after seeing Drew now for almost 2 months, would you rather have his bat and his steady defense or take a big chance with iggys bat and his solid defense?

If were not doing good, I say get what we can for Drew. If were in it, I like our chances better with Drew over Iggy.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

If they are in the PO race, after seeing Drew now for almost 2 months, would you rather have his bat and his steady defense or take a big chance with iggys bat and his solid defense?

If were not doing good, I say get what we can for Drew. If were in it, I like our chances better with Drew over Iggy.

gotta stick with drew.....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Especially since Iggy has been benched for having a bad attitude and refusing to run out balls in AAA.  Who wants that on the team?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

After this game, softy warns us, it's back to the hate.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Team needs a solid 7 IP from Lackey, he's off to great start. Keep it going!

He might have if not for the rain. Now I have some doubts about this game, you know our history with rain delays.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Iglesias in AAA is quite stupid. If they were going to be stuboorn with keeping S. Drew, Iglesias should playing a lot on the MLB roster. Either S. Drew or Ciraco needed to go, and since it's too late to get rid of S. Drew's contract then Ciriaco should be DFA if he's out of options.

I would put S. Drew on the market, since he's hitting better of late, and see who might take most of that contract.

B I N G O   !!!!!!

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Here is a real interesting stat concerning our starting pitchers before tonight:

SIERA:

1) Buchholz  3.34

2) Lackey     3.49

3) Dempster 3.52

4) Lester      3.54

5) Doubront 4.06

6) Aceves     5.77

After today, maybe Lackey is #1 on the team.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

A healthy Lackey historically pitches with a 3.00 average ERA...don't underestimate him.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:

A healthy Lackey historically pitches with a 3.00 average ERA...don't underestimate him.

Historically?

His lowest career ERA was 3.01 back in 2007. Next was 3.44 in 2005. His career mark is 4.10.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

Team needs a solid 7 IP from Lackey, he's off to great start. Keep it going!

He sure did pitch a good game today and got the deserved win. He gave up 1 hit through six innings and one unearned run. I like him as our number 3 pitcher.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

Uh, Iglesias?

Sections
Shortcuts