Softlaw's Red Sox Post Game Review

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: Softlaw's Red Sox Post Game Review

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Game 1 @ Yankees  Red Sox win and I guaranteed the win.

2 huge mistakes from Manger John, that, fortunately, didn't cost the game:

Positioning Middlebrooks way off the line with 2 outs, on the double by Cervelli. Up 4-0, against Cervellie, move Middlebrooks to 3 steps off the line and move JBJJ in 4 steps and 3 steps towards the line.

Up 4-2, v. CC, not putting the squeeze play on for the correct starting SS and weak hitter Iglesias. Too early and wrong score for pinch hitter, but nothing to lose perfect time to put the squeeze play on. Iglesias displayed his bunt skill with the bunt single, earlier in the game.

Plays of the game:

JBJJ with the walk off of CC and reaches 2nd on the infield single

JBJJ with the catch on Cano, bases with runners on

The ESPN broadcast team did an excellent job. Aaron Boone is excellent, thank goodness Joe Morgan hasn't been on the ESPN ariways, lately. All of them pointed out that JBJJ was the MVP for this game, without getting a hit. Charisma and poise, something that only Ortiz had provided over the last 4 seasons.

Priceless moment: Late innings images of an empty Yankees stadium with hotdog wrappers blowing all over the place

As I stated, against the overwhelming "12 days and 9 games and one year of control" minions that dominated this Board, Bradley did in fact change the face of the loser Red Sox brand of billion dollars and zero playoff wins. There was energy, excitement, and hope has returned.

Iglesias is just an artist at SS, after nearly a decade of watching butchers revolve through the "management wants a slugging SS" door.

Despite Yankees missing key parts that will return to help the offense, this game will be one of the highlights of the 2013 season. I hope it won't THE HIGHLIGHT.

Anyone with questions or ideas for this post game thread, please email me at

softlaw "a sign" yahoo "dot" com

SOFTY,  If DAD could buy the Red Sox, we would have a "POSITION IN A HIGH PLACE" for you !!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Positioning Middlebrooks way off the line with 2 outs, on the double by Cervelli. Up 4-0, against Cervellie, move Middlebrooks to 3 steps off the line and move JBJJ in 4 steps and 3 steps towards the line.

Up 4-2, v. CC, not putting the squeeze play on for the correct starting SS and weak hitter Iglesias. Too early and wrong score for pinch hitter, but nothing to lose perfect time to put the squeeze play on. Iglesias displayed his bunt skill with the bunt single, earlier in the game.

Plays of the game:

The ESPN broadcast team did an excellent job. Aaron Boone is excellent, thank goodness Joe Morgan hasn't been on the ESPN ariways, lately. All of them pointed out that JBJJ was the MVP for this game, without getting a hit. Charisma and poise, something that only Ortiz had provided over the last 4 seasons.

Priceless moment: Late innings images of an empty Yankees stadium with hotdog wrappers blowing all over the place

As I stated, against the overwhelming "12 days and 9 games and one year of control" minions that dominated this Board, Bradley did in fact change the face of the loser Red Sox brand of billion dollars and zero playoff wins. There was energy, excitement, and hope has returned.

Iglesias is just an artist at SS, after nearly a decade of watching butchers revolve through the "management wants a slugging SS" door.

Despite Yankees missing key parts that will return to help the offense, this game will be one of the highlights of the 2013 season. I hope it won't THE HIGHLIGHT.

Good summary. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Thanks, DG, and I thank goodness for your objective and well thought out posts, even when we disagree. Please include your summary, or things from these games that stick out in your mind. You have great insight. And thanks for supporting the campaign not to do the 12 days and 9 games year of control bean counting on Bradley. He will struggle at the plate, but what he brings to the table on both sides of the ball and his energy and charisma is what changes the face of a team.

DAD & BILL-806 CONCUR    !!!!

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

The best thing is that this team isnt going into the season with high expectations. Can only get better

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Bradley hustled into second base to beat the throw the same as Nava did the other day in spring training.  It's positive things like this that don't show up in the box score, yet are immeasurable in helping to win.

Also, I wonder if Bradley would have caught Ichiro's single to center?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to mryazz's comment:

In response to Bill-806's comment:

Thanks, DG, and I thank goodness for your objective and well thought out posts, even when we disagree. Please include your summary, or things from these games that stick out in your mind. You have great insight. And thanks for supporting the campaign not to do the 12 days and 9 games year of control bean counting on Bradley. He will struggle at the plate, but what he brings to the table on both sides of the ball and his energy and charisma is what changes the face of a team.

DAD & BILL-806 CONCUR    !!!!

hey billy boy,

does your dad know how much you embarrass him on this board?

And you young man, are showing that you have problems with your social skills......  Keep working at and you too can ride the bandwagon on this board !!!   GO SOX  !!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

In response to ampoule's comment:

Bradley hustled into second base to beat the throw the same as Nava did the other day in spring training.  It's positive things like this that don't show up in the box score, yet are immeasurable in helping to win.

I gotta say Amp, that I thought he had a chance to get it also. I hope he is not so conservative that he never dives this year. That was a 50 / 50 ball I thought. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Plays of the game:

Softy, 

You are unblocked if you can behave yourself. Decent post today, or at least you've positive things to say. You did forget to mention that Ells was 3/6 this afternoon.  

Hetch

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to RedsoxProspects' comment:

In response to ampoule's comment:

I gotta say Amp, that I thought he had a chance to get it also. I hope he is not so conservative that he never dives this year. That was a 50 / 50 ball I thought. 

Boomer, I hesitated writing that earlier for fear of being lambasted by the big-time Ellsbury supporters.  But, I honestly, and maybe I'm totally wrong, felt that he chose not to dive for fear of injury.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Nice win even though we faced Hofstra's lineup.  We need to come out of April with a winning record and this is a good start.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Ellsbury on Gomes getting him an extra RBI: “That fired me up. I felt like I've been doing that for guys.... That’s what winning teams do."

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Gomes: "Today is how we can win a lot of ballgames."

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelsjr. Show michaelsjr's posts

as of this writing, the Boston Red Sox are in 1st place in AL East and NYY in last.

Just want to savor those standings for a moment.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

No question about it. The ball should have been caught, but Ellsbury did the backup steps deer in headlights thing again. Bradley would have broke right to the spot and caught the ball standing up. I didn't mention it because it fortunately didn't cost the game.

go watch the play again. the ball split the gap between Ells and ShaVic... and why would Ells back up when the ball was a bloop in front of him and to his left??

that's exactly what Ells did, the ball was not catchable unless you laid out for it... and even then, it's unclear if anyone would come up with it.

if you going to try and bash ellsbury at least do it when it is deserved... but then again, you don't need a reason to bash Ells.

1 hour, 35 minutes into the game. bottom of the 4th. Lesters 71st pitch. No way Ells is at fault for not catching that ball... I watched it from both the YES and NESN feed. no way he misplayed it, it was just a bloop to the perfect spot. tool.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"You did forget to mention that Ells was 3/6 this afternoon."

Umm no he most certainly did not forget it. It's just not relevant to his myopic narrative. 

That said softy this was a good post overall, thanks.

Sections
Shortcuts