Softlaw's Red Sox Post Game Review

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: Softlaw's Red Sox Post Game Review

I like how Baseball was 2 words back then.  Wonder when that changed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

JBJJ?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fizsh. Show fizsh's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

I like how Baseball was 2 words back then.  Wonder when that changed.

http://blog.thehenryford.org/2012/08/when-base-ball-became-baseball/

According to the blog post referenced, by the late 1830's base ball had begun to replace base-ball.  But by the late 1870's it had swung back to base-ball.  The New York Times started referring to base-ball as baseball in 1884.  Though in 1896, the US Government Printing Office specified the the work should be spelled with a hyphen.  You could find "baseball" as early as the 1850's and "base ball" as late as the early 1900's, but these were not common usage.  

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

From a possitive side of the #3 post game review.

I liked the hustle of ShaVic trying to steal a run in inning 1. 

WMB had a couple of hits.

Tazawa had a nice outing.

Ross threw out a couple of runners.

DEmpster's pitch count may have bee more in line with a six inn. outing had Ells come up with the two flyballs. His ERA may have been more like 2.5.

Andy P was on--DEmpster gave up a HR to Gardner. I think had JBJ been in CF he may have caught  Nunez's and Overbay's hits which might have kept things a little closer.I know "If its and buts were candy and nuts..."

I heard or read something about Ells' walk year and the fact we may not see a whole lot of diving or all out efforts on balls he might have come up with in the past. If that is going to become an issue perhaps JF and staff may want to watch his performance and perhaps send a message by moving him to left and JBJ to CF.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:

DEmpster's pitch count may have bee more in line with a six inn. outing had Ells come up with the two flyballs. His ERA may have been more like 2.5.

Andy P was on--DEmpster gave up a HR to Gardner. I think had JBJ been in CF he may have caught  Nunez's and Overbay's hits which might have kept things a little closer.I know "If its and buts were candy and nuts..."

I heard or read something about Ells' walk year and the fact we may not see a whole lot of diving or all out efforts on balls he might have come up with in the past. If that is going to become an issue perhaps JF and staff may want to watch his performance and perhaps send a message by moving him to left and JBJ to CF.

I thought that on the GR double hit. Looked as if he could have dove for it and instead held up a bit. If thats the case, then yes, Id put him in LF and keep JBJ in CF. Personally, I would put JBJ in CF right now and move Ells to LF...

By the way softy, JBJ and Iggy also grounded into a DP.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

In response to MadMc44's comment:

I thought that on the GR double hit. Looked as if he could have dove for it and instead held up a bit. If thats the case, then yes, Id put him in LF and keep JBJ in CF. Personally, I would put JBJ in CF right now and move Ells to LF...

By the way softy, JBJ and Iggy also grounded into a DP.

i disagree. that ball was out of his reach. he knew he couldn't get to it so he pulled up to play it off the bounce/wall. it just hopped over the fence.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

By the way softy, JBJ and Iggy also grounded into a DP

BTW, paux, JBJ had a double and an RBI, and Iggy was on base as much or more than any Red Sox player. BTW, Ellsbury had zero hits and zero walks, in addition to beating the ball into a DP against a tiring old Andy!

a tiring old andy that let up 1 run over 8IP. must not have been that tired..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

By the way softy, JBJ and Iggy also grounded into a DP

BTW, paux, JBJ had a double and an RBI, and Iggy was on base as much or more than any Red Sox player. BTW, Ellsbury had zero hits and zero walks, in addition to beating the ball into a DP against a tiring old Andy!

And if it was Ells that K'd to end the game against Mo, you wouldve been all over him...Too bad you let your personal anger towards certain players for no reason cloud your memory.

Old Andy held most of the Sox in check last night.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Mad, those are outstanding comments! Keep up the good work!

Thanks softy law...

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Game 3 lesson is simple:  Pettite was on target the whole game and held the Sox to 1 run in an amazing 8 innings, and the Yankees got 3 off of Dempster.   Given Pettite's and Dempster's track records, those performances were normal. 

Bradley and Iglesias also grounded into double plays, but Bradley had that great double off Pettite, and Iglesias had I think 2 hits. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

And if it was Ells that K'd to end the game against Mo, you wouldve been all over him...

Wrong. 2 of the pitches to Bradley weren't strikes. He should have tried to foul the last strike 2 pitch well off the plate, but he did his job for the day.

Andy didn't have the Sox in check. In fact, Middlebrooks and Bradley had success, while old Andy took advantage of poor on-base situation plate work from bums like Ellsbury to scatter more than a half dozen hits until Bradley touched him up.

Its was a good learning lesson for JBJ that Mo will get those calls all the time.

Pettite had the Sox fooled most of the game.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Nice to see J. Upton homer 3 times in the first 4 games for the Braves.

Now Softy Law in your hard drive that you have collected all this info how many and who were theprospects you were going to trade for Justin? Surely you must have it on the Hard Drive...

Sections
Shortcuts