1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Re: SOFTY oh SOFTY, where art thou ??????

In response to Bill-806's comment:

Spending time in the BDC jail is no fun......  I know because I was there, I thought sure I could hear SOFTY down the hall being interogated for hours on end ........  He didn't break though, as I was being set free he could be heard yelling that Drew, Ellesbury, others had to go !!!!!    Please BDC, let SOFTY go !!!!!

Bill quoting Romeo and Juliet as if he and Softy are star-crossed lovers.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

To Softy,

If you are not aware of this, when Bill-106 was banned, he did in fact contact BDC directly to find out why he was banned.

They told him and as those of us who have been following his predicament...he also had a very strange software glitch at the time...fairly shortly after that they lifted the suspension.

It is a better way to go then just waiting to see if and when your suspension will be lifted. It shows good faith on your part that even though you surely are not in agreement with your suspension, you know that the site belongs to BDC not you and you are willing to work with them to be a better poster.

Just my opinion of course.

p.s...Bill-106: If the part of my post that involves you is incorrect in anyway please feel free to clarify your dealings with BDC concerning your recent suspension.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I don't like softy's politics, especially the fact that he brings them onto this board.  But, even though I disagree with much of what he says about the team, I do not at all object to having his point of view here.  That's what makes for lively discussions.  Lately, I simply stopped insulting him, and he by and large reciprocated.  So I try not to insult anyone else, including bill-806. 

And softlaw wasn't wrong all the time.  He said the Sox need a good righty bat, and I agree with that.  He wanted Iglesias to start from the get go this season, and practically everyone (except me) agrees with that.  He wasn't completely wrong about Ellsbury even though his criticism was way over the top.  He said the Sox need good hitting to thrive/survive in the AL East, and that's pretty much true. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to andiejen's comment:

To Softy,

If you are not aware of this, when Bill-106 was banned, he did in fact contact BDC directly to find out why he was banned.

They told him and as those of us who have been following his predicament...he also had a very strange software glitch at the time...fairly shortly after that they lifted the suspension.

It is a better way to go then just waiting to see if and when your suspension will be lifted. It shows good faith on your part that even though you surely are not in agreement with your suspension, you know that the site belongs to BDC not you and you are willing to work with them to be a better poster.

p.s...Bill-106: If the part of my post that involves you is incorrect in anyway please feel free to clarify your dealings with BDC concerning your recent suspension.

Well yes......  BDC is big on RESPECT........   I want to thank you for your kind remarks during my stressful time in exile..........  BTW,  it's 806 (not 106), im sure my old ship has earned that respect !!!!Cool

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to Hetchinspete's comment:

SOFTY has one of the best Baseball minds on this board........ 

Bill, 

How you can come to that conclusion is beyond comprehension and only your shortsighted opnion. He may in fact know a lot about the game itself but his opinions on the whole show a lack of respect for players when he refers to them in negative terms by name calling and his constant unwavering opinions on some players no matter how well they play shows a lack of knowledge or an unwillingness to change opinion. I don't call this a good baseball mind. He is in fact one of the worst informed, most opinionated, negative posters on the BDC. 

Hetch

Sorry Hetch, I can not go along with your assessment of SOFTY........  As the new "POSTER BOY FOR BDC's WAR ON RESPECT" I need to take your above post apart as it is filled with total disrespect for a fellow poster.......  kindly show some remorse before you too end up in the BDC pool for no respect !!!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

[QUOTE]

To Softy,

Well yes......  BDC is big on RESPECT........   I want to thank you for your kind remarks during my stressful time in exile..........  BTW,  it's 806 (not 106), im sure my old ship has earned that respect !!!!Cool

[/QUOTE]

Life in general is about respect Bill......once you learn that maybe you can actually stick around here.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:

To Softy,

Life in general is about respect Bill......once you learn that maybe you can actually stick around here.

"those who throws stones, should not live in glass houses"  !!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

Bill-806,

I am so sorry I erred in using 106 versus 806. Thank you for correcting me.

Truth be told, I did not know what the 806 represented. Now I do. 

And you are more then welcome for those kind remarks you mentioned.

Again, glad you are back. Can see you have been posting for almost 5 years and over 14,000 posts. That is a lot of time and energy you have devoted to the forums. Can truly feel how stressful it must have been for you. Look forward to reading your posts,

Mr. Bill-806(not 106)...aka the BDC poster child for respect  (:

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Bill-806,

Again, glad you are back. Can see you have been posting for almost 5 years and over 14,000 posts. That is a lot of time and energy you have devoted to the forums. Can truly feel how stressful it must have been for you. Look forward to reading your posts,

BTW, in talking with the BDC people, I suggested that they needed a "training session in HUMOR"  !!!!!   Thats why after 5 years, I couldn't understand why they had not profiled my humor for what it is !!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

[QUOTE]

Bill-806,

BTW, in talking with the BDC people, I suggested that they needed a "training session in HUMOR"  !!!!!   Thats why after 5 years, I couldn't understand why they had not profiled my humor for what it is !!!!

[/QUOTE]

Maybe because they have an entire site to run and they actually think that adults can police themselves without getting into racial slurs, political insults and self serving posts......Maybe they also have better things to do then devote time towards a complete stranger that gets reported multiple times..... 

You've been called out Bill.  You made a mistake.  Stop blaming everybody else for once and learn from it.  It's not the end of the world.......  just remember.....they're WAAATTTCHHHIIIING.......

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Bill-806,

Maybe because they have an entire site to run and they actually think that adults can police themselves without getting into racial slurs, political insults and self serving posts......Maybe they also have better things to do then devote time towards a complete stranger that gets reported multiple times..... 

You've been called out Bill.  You made a mistake.  Stop blaming everybody else for once and learn from it.  It's not the end of the world.......  just remember.....they're WAAATTTCHHHIIIING.......

All-due-respect,  Put the "HARP" down, Im not blaming anybody........  Im a big boy, in my 5 years here I have both "giveth & taketh" on a daily basis.......  As the board has progressed to a "P C" climate it has come at a cost of loss of "HUMOR"........  BTW, you can see that in the posts of a lot of our good well rounded posters.........  Baseball since the time of Mr. Doubleday has always been a game of opinions, not all players come from the same cut, and not all FANS share the same opinions.......  The Peanuts & hotdogs are the same although more co$tly !!!   And "P Cness" is not good for the game or Country !!!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In response to Hetchinspete's comment:

SOFTY has one of the best Baseball minds on this board........ 

Bill, 

How you can come to that conclusion is beyond comprehension and only your shortsighted opnion. He may in fact know a lot about the game itself but his opinions on the whole show a lack of respect for players when he refers to them in negative terms by name calling and his constant unwavering opinions on some players no matter how well they play shows a lack of knowledge or an unwillingness to change opinion. I don't call this a good baseball mind. He is in fact one of the worst informed, most opinionated, negative posters on the BDC. 

Hetch

Sorry Hetch, I can not go along with your assessment of SOFTY........  As the new "POSTER BOY FOR BDC's WAR ON RESPECT" I need to take your above post apart as it is filled with total disrespect for a fellow poster.......  kindly show some remorse before you too end up in the BDC pool for no respect !!!!!!

Sorry, Bill. Hetch makes good points. His post is well conceived and well written, surely based on his experiences with softy through the years. He is more respectful of softlaw here than softy has been of others in general. In short, I think Hetch is spot on. The fact that you disagree does not in and of itself make Hetch's post disrespectful.

BTW, Bill, aren't you the guy that's always talking about "handling the truth?"

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

[QUOTE]

Bill-806,

All-due-respect,  Put the "HARP" down, Im not blaming anybody........  Im a big boy, in my 5 years here I have both "giveth & taketh" on a daily basis.......  As the board has progressed to a "P C" climate it has come at a cost of loss of "HUMOR"........  BTW, you can see that in the posts of a lot of our good well rounded posters.........  Baseball since the time of Mr. Doubleday has always been a game of opinions, not all players come from the same cut, and not all FANS share the same opinions.......  The Peanuts & hotdogs are the same although more co$tly !!!   And "P Cness" is not good for the game or Country !!!!!

[/QUOTE]

While I agree with the sentiment Bill....making fun of an entire country and a great nationality is simply not funny....it's rude.  It's not a PC thing....it's a moral thing.  Calling people a Lib/wombat blah blah blah because somebody challenges you opinion is also not funny.  Those are the reasons you got banned.  This is supposed to a fun place and baseball is fun...however slinging insults towards complete strangers is not funny...it's weird.  

Keep it to baseball......call people out on their opinions....some good natured ribbing....agree or disagree....it's all fine here Bill.  Just RESPECT people and you may be shocked....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to jackbu's comment:

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Softy constantly makes fun of our own players (like calling Dempster Dumpster and Wakefield Wastefield and so on). He constantly mocks other posters and blasts this forum for his political agendas like you so often did. I didn't come here to read what Softy thinks about politics or the white house. I've explained to you before that if all the posters here aired their political issues, we wouldn't have a Sox forum anymore. It's completely fair to expect Softy and yourself to show restraint on those issues so we can focus on the team we are rooting for. 

Softy does know his baseball but I seriously doubt he would ever curtail his bashing of players, forum members, and those he disagrees with politically. I don't miss him. I've never seen Softy happy after a win but I've seen him gloat after a loss many times (if losses proved his theories correct).

Besides, we already know Softy's position on every single player and issue so why do we need to hear him repeat them again and again? He likes Iggy and Middlebrooks, hates Drew and Ellsbury, hates Cherington though he backed off demanding Cherington be fired when he realized it was a ridiculous position....

If BDC has finally taken action on softy I applaud it. Forum is better without him, I don't think he's willing to change. Let him find somewhere else to vent spleen. You on the other hand, I still think there is hope for you. Softy is like your big brother that gets you to smoke ciggies after school. Just say no and you'll go far...

I don't think anyone should be banned for giving an opinion, as long as it is clean.  If you don't like what a poster says, use the ignore feature. Difference of opinion makes for an interesting forum, and usually adults welcome the challenge.

I do agree that this forum should only be for baseball. 

[/QUOTE]B I N G O ..........  >RESPECT

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:

In response to jackbu's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Spending time in the BDC jail is no fun......  I know because I was there, I thought sure I could hear SOFTY down the hall being interogated for hours on end ........  He didn't break though, as I was being set free he could be heard yelling that Drew, Ellesbury, others had to go !!!!!    Please BDC, let SOFTY go !!!!!

Bill:

You know I like you but I think you should be more concerned about where you might be at any second.  You should also live by the saying: " keep your enemies close, but your friends closer". Someone giving you advice, just may be the one who caused the problem in the first place.

[/QUOTE]

You got that saying backwards friendo.

[/QUOTE]

Poor lil' billy....   He still hasn't a clue as to why he got this quote backward.

No worries for billy, as whenever he says something stupid (which is 80% of the time), he writes it off as his 'humor.'

As for the bosom buddies dabbling in chronically bigoted posting???   As dad would say, "son, show me your friends & I'll tell you who you are."

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

I like all this talk about respect.  I think people can have honest and open debates without the name calling and nasty accusations.

What I don't like is that those who called me all sorts of vile names, likened me to hitler and accused me of lusting over scantily clad women are calling out others.  People in glass houses.  Not all of you fall into this catagory but some of you do.

You want polite discussions on the part of others but I see lots of name calling on this thread alone.  If I don't like someone I put them on ignore, I don't report them.  I believe some here would be banned if they were reported.  You shouldn't be so cocky, just be thankful we don't report you.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

hahahaha.  bill is now starting entire threads talking to himself. 

man, people sure are weirdos.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to klaus1954's comment:

Bill often says that posters don't recognize or appreciate his sense of humor. I suggest that Bill should footnote his humorous posts with *H when he says something that he considers to be funny.  Maybe his predictions that Papi would never play again were humor. Maybe all of his concerns about Papi were humor and we took him seriously while he thought that it was humor. There seems to be a misunderstanding here somewhere.

I think that there are two things at play here.  I have been reading bill's posts for a long time and he does have a unique sense of humor, some people find it funny, some don't.  He also has his opinions on the players and the team, two different issues.

I don't understand why some are getting attacked for their opinions about players.  Are we so pc in this country we can't even say something negative about a ball player?  Really???  He felt ortiz was washed up, so what, big deal. That was his opinion. 

I'm not at all happy with ells, my opinion, I have a right to it.  I have been on this board for a long time and it seems to me that there is always a scape goat for others to pick on.  It changes because people come and go.  Bill wasn't a scape goat years ago but it appears people like to gang up on him now.

I used to observe this type of behavior in the school yard when I was a child. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:

[QUOTE]

Bill often says that posters don't recognize or appreciate his sense of humor. I suggest that Bill should footnote his humorous posts with *H when he says something that he considers to be funny.  Maybe his predictions that Papi would never play again were humor. Maybe all of his concerns about Papi were humor and we took him seriously while he thought that it was humor. There seems to be a misunderstanding here somewhere.

I think that there are two things at play here.  I have been reading bill's posts for a long time and he does have a unique sense of humor, some people find it funny, some don't.  He also has his opinions on the players and the team, two different issues.

I don't understand why some are getting attacked for their opinions about players.  Are we so pc in this country we can't even say something negative about a ball player?  Really???  He felt ortiz was washed up, so what, big deal. That was his opinion. 

I'm not at all happy with ells, my opinion, I have a right to it.  I have been on this board for a long time and it seems to me that there is always a scape goat for others to pick on.  It changes because people come and go.  Bill wasn't a scape goat years ago but it appears people like to gang up on him now.

[/QUOTE]

I have no problem with Bill or anyone else having a negative opinion towards players or the team.

Some folks simply love to complain.

Some love be the board version of Peter Arnett. They need to be first with the bad news.

Whatever...

What I do have an issue with, is the repetitive posts.

There was a point, this spring, where Bill was posting two, somtimes three threads per day, about how Ortiz was done.

Do we get an equal number of posts saying he was wrong?

Nope. We get a couple of "Oops, my bad" posts.

And we're all expected to just move along and not bring it up.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I have no problem with Bill or anyone else having a negative opinion towards players or the team.

Some love be the board version of Peter Arnett. They need to be first with the bad news.

Whatever...

There was a point, this spring, where Bill was posting two, somtimes three threads per day, about how Ortiz was done.

[/QUOTE]

I guess these types of things don't bother me.  If I don't want to post on a thread I ignore it.  If people would rather call me names than have an honest debate I ignore them.  I have seen lots of threads die because no one posted on them.  To me that's the best way to stop these types of threads.

I didn't think ortiz was going to have the year he has been having.  Back in the day we could say negative things about players but now it seems we have to walk on egg shells, at least on this board.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to ThefourBs's comment:

Whatever...

"LET ME BE CLEAR", I beg to differ, I have long ago ran up the whit flag on PAPI saying that I was very wrong.................. HOWEVAA, after he hit that standup 3 bagger on saturday, i really thought for sure that "it was all going to blow out".......  The Sox/us need to take all we can from PAPI while we can, the end is near !!!!      >RESPECT

Sections
Shortcuts