Softy this ones for you

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Softy this ones for you

Here is the guy who you said would never be an every day player or SS. How's that trade working out for you?

GPABRH2B3BHRRBIBBSOSBCSAVGOBPSLGOPS
    2012 Regular Season36135183970718172320.289.368.496.865

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Re: Softy this ones for you

GP  36

Full seasons ever played = Zero

Hands of stone, slow release and weak arm

Physical and mental constitution of a pretzel

I'd say your favorite player fits in well on the loser Astros until the Texas heat put him back in his beddy bye.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

And, I'm not "Softy".

Now, Jim, give us a few more rah rah cheerleader threads.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

If you are not softy why did you answer.
    Would you say the same about Tulo, Andrus or Furcal ? Their numbers are the same as Jed's

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

I would say that their games played over the last half a decade are more than good ole Jed's.

I answered because any poster who isn't a NYT drone is called "softy".

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

You are a funny one softy......Yes their numbers are consistent However I still believe despite what many had said for the past 3 yrs I stand on my belief that Jed is a MLB SS and that is because he was an excellent SS through out the minors and for the short periods he played for the RS.

BTW he was the reason that Hanley was being moved to the OF by the RS just before the Bekett/
    Hanley trade.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

BTW, to be a MLB everyday SS it will require actually playing one or more full-time seaons of at least 140 games or more. Jed's about 30 years old, now, and that Texas heat is on the way.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In Response to Re: Softy this ones for you:
    [QUOTE]I would say that their games played over the last half a decade are more than good ole Jed's. I answered because any poster who isn't a NYT drone is called "softy".
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr[/QUOTE]

Why are you so ashamed to admit your 'real' identity?

C'mon -- MAN UP.

Laughing

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

[QUOTE]And, I'm not "Softy". Now, Jim, give us a few more rah rah cheerleader threads.

Of course you're Softy, why are you denying it?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxu571. Show redsoxu571's posts

Why is this such a debate anyway?

We all know Lowrie is "talented", that has never been the issue. He hits very well when he's healthy, and it's worth noting that his defense is also at least average, again, when healthy.

Of course, that's the rub with Lowrie...the Sox gave up on him because a breakdown is always coming, sooner or later. It made lots of sense to include him a deal for anything worthwhile, both to acquire assests and to prevent the team from relying on him in any way (and inevitably getting its heart broken).

I wish him the best of luck and health, but trading him was certainly the right decision.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from harv53. Show harv53's posts

[QUOTE]Why is this such a debate anyway? We all know Lowrie is "talented", that has never been the issue. He hits very well when he's healthy, and it's worth noting that his defense is also at least average, again, when healthy. Of course, that's the rub with Lowrie...the Sox gave up on him because a breakdown is always coming, sooner or later. It made lots of sense to include him a deal for anything worthwhile, both to acquire assests and to prevent the team from relying on him in any way (and inevitably getting its heart broken). I wish him the best of luck and health, but trading him was certainly the right decision.
    Posted by redsoxu571[/QUOTE]

Disagree. Bad Trade as it's turned out.
    Most of his injuries were legit and the mono was a huge setback for him. No doubt he wants to be on the field everyday and I'm happy he is getting his chance to shine, finally.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Softy this ones for you : Disagree. Bad Trade as it's turned out. Most of his injuries were legit and the mono was a huge setback for him. No doubt he wants to be on the field everyday and I'm happy he is getting his chance to shine, finally.
    Posted by harv53[/QUOTE]

I agree about the injuries and mono. It's too soon say if it's a bad trade. Let's see if Melancon comes back and is good. And I'd rather have Aviles at SS because I think Aviles is better.

But I'm glad he's doing well. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

The other side of the issue is that on another thread hank/softy wants to trade Aviles as well........

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from daveymo1234. Show daveymo1234's posts

[QUOTE]BTW, to be a MLB everyday SS it will require actually playing one or more full-time seaons of at least 140 games or more. Jed's about 30 years old, now, and that Texas heat is on the way.

Let's not upset the soft-headed one too much...he's at an all-time high for # of posts and he's been able to keep the same moniker for almost 6 months without being banned for the 98th time...those are both personal bests for him...keep up the good work softy and thanks for the entertainment...face 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Why are you so ashamed to admit your 'real' identity?

The same reason you are so ashamed to admit your "real" identity.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

2010 - 2012  wOBA  SS
    1. Tulo           .389
    2. Hanley       .350
    3. Reyes        .350
    4. JLow       .343
    5. Furcal        .340  
    6. Drew         .339
    7. Cabrera     .337
    8. Bonaficio   .332
    9 Jeter          .332
    10.  Castro    .331
    11. Hardy     .330
    12. Peralta   .330
    13.  Aviles   .324
    14. Scutaro  .322

It made lots of sense to include him a deal for anything worthwhile, both to acquire assests and to prevent the team from relying on him in any way 571

571 I almost always agree with your take but I think you are way off on this one, to sell at a low point is almost never a good idea

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

How many games played are required for Lowrie to be included with other everyday MLB SS? If it's more than about 90 games per season, or part-time for tired players with anxiety disorders in hot climates, I don't think the elite MLB AS SS Jed Lowrie should qualify. But you clearly are enamored with him.

Bill Hall, who I was told was out of baseball, has a current OBP of .545 as a member of the AL East leading Baltimore Orioles.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

[QUOTE]How many games played are required for Lowrie to be included with other everyday MLB SS? If it's more than about 90 games per season, or part-time for tired players with anxiety disorders in hot climates, I don't think the elite MLB AS SS Jed Lowrie should qualify. But you clearly are enamored with him. Bill Hall, who I was told was out of baseball, has a current OBP of .545 as a member of the AL East leading Baltimore Orioles.
    Trying to sneak one by .......He has played 6 games called up on 5/12 and is 2 for 7 with 1 HR and he is only there because the two guys ahead of him on the depth chart are on the DL

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaffyDan. Show DaffyDan's posts

[QUOTE]BTW, to be a MLB everyday SS it will require actually playing one or more full-time seaons of at least 140 games or more. Jed's about 30 years old, now, and that Texas heat is on the way.

Lowrie won't be 30 until after the 2014 season begins. 

-Daf.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaffyDan. Show DaffyDan's posts

[QUOTE]Why are you so ashamed to admit your 'real' identity? The same reason you are so ashamed to admit your "real" identity.

Okay, so why don't you want to admit to any of your many other "fake" identities?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

I'm honest I'm Jim from Florida and have been for the past 5 years and have never been banned. My profile is also public. I come from Lowell.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Softy this ones for you : Disagree. Bad Trade as it's turned out. Most of his injuries were legit and the mono was a huge setback for him. No doubt he wants to be on the field everyday and I'm happy he is getting his chance to shine, finally.
    Posted by harv53[/QUOTE]

It's a bad trade, unless you forget that it also freed up SS for Mike Aviles, who has been having a surprising season as well.

I suppose we could have bumped Lowrie to 3B or 1B, since we only have a minor logjam at those positions.

Melancon has a whopping 2IP under his belt in Boston.  Granted, two remarkably horrific IP, but its still a very small sample size.  There is plenty of time befre we know who got the better of this trade...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

[QUOTE]How many games played are required for Lowrie to be included with other everyday MLB SS? If it's more than about 90 games per season, or part-time for tired players with anxiety disorders in hot climates, I don't think the elite MLB AS SS Jed Lowrie should qualify. But you clearly are enamored with him. Bill Hall, who I was told was out of baseball, has a current OBP of .545 as a member of the AL East leading Baltimore Orioles.

career    obp     wRC+      ops

aviles         316       97          743
    hall            308       90          744

one is hero, one is a bum?

Lowrie   AB       BA      OBP     SLG    OPS

2010    171    .287     .381    .526      .907

2011   157    . 306     .351    .452      .803  (pre Crawford collision, start of missing games / DL)

2012   135     .289    .368    .496       .865

~total 463      290      370      480     850 
    Avg SS          251       306      363     669

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Softy this ones for you": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Softy this ones for you : Okay, so why don't you want to admit to any of your many other "fake" identities? Posted by DaffyDan[/QUOTE] Softy is becoming the new pike.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Softy this ones for you": Softy is becoming the new pike.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

I remember when a couple people around here used to take him seriously.