SOFTY would say, "Ellsburry almost cost us the game"............

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Re: SOFTY would say,

1. Extend index finger.

2. Insert in throat.

"Hold it fellows, that don't move me. Let's get real, real gone for a change."

-Elvis Presley

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Bill, Softlaw even turned off Ampoule, one of his staunchest defenders. He made his bed, let him sleep in it, permanently.  

"Hold it fellows, that don't move me. Let's get real, real gone for a change."

-Elvis Presley

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

As Joey would say, Softy was wrong about almost every he predicted this year.

Tou too, Bill.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

As Joey would say, Softy was wrong about almost every he predicted this year.

Tou too, Bill.

the only thing he got right was that RA Dickey would have a higher ERA in the ALE than he would in the NLE, coming off of a CYA season. It really takes a lot of smarts and a courage of your convictions to make a bold statement like that. Kudos softlaw. i know you're creeping around here somewhere!

maybe at the end of the season i will create a thread titled "HE FINALLY GOT ONE RIGHT!" and we can document this accomplishment,

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leftfielder61. Show Leftfielder61's posts

Softlaw was one of the most ignorant and condesending posters on this or any forum.

While I am not in favor of banning anyone. I don't miss him and hope he doesn't come back.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Billy,  I gotta hand it to you....  Your sycophantic jock sniffing is epic! 

It's only overshadowed by your insecure NEED to create threads that mirror other threads, desperately hoping that folks will post on your thread as opposed to the earlier existing thread.

Cudos Bill.  The time you have to bump earlier threads is impressive ;)

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruinss. Show BostonBruinss's posts

Rex Ryan screwup > Ellsbury screwup

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

I had no problem with softy so I'll keep this thread goingLaughing

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

softy wanted us to sign Jeremie Guthrie... you know, one of the worst starters this year.

That's just the tip of the iceberg.

Who cares what "softy would say"?

Sox4ever

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

Say what you want about Softy, but he was more right than most about Ellsbury.  2011 was an aberration - not a breakout season, and if we had sold high we could very well have a Chris Sale, Shelby Miller or Julio Teheran in the rotation right now. 

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to slomag's comment:

Say what you want about Softy, but he was more right than most about Ellsbury.  2011 was an aberration - not a breakout season, and if we had sold high we could very well have a Chris Sale, Shelby Miller or Julio Teheran in the rotation right now. 

There is no way softy was more right about Ellsbury than most.

softy claimed Ellsbury would never have an OBP over .340 for a full season.

His career OBP is .350.

softy claimed Ellsbury would never have the power that Coco Crisp had.

Yes, the 32 HRs was clearly an outlier, but he has 30 points on Crisp in SLG.

softy claimed Ellsbury was a below average fielder- "bad breaks/ poor routes"

Yes, Ellsbury does get bad breaks at times, but he is clearly a plus now on D.

softy claimed SBs were over-rated and that "Jake's CS rate would increase".

softy bashes Salty for the CS rate & Jacoby has his best SB/CS ratio ever.

softy claimed Jake's "reverse pivot" stance would not allow him to hit 15 HRs.

Ellsbury hit 32 HRs in 2011. (More than Coco ever hit in 2 years combined.)

softy acted like most of Red Sox Nation felt Jacoby would be the next Teddy Ballgame.

Nothing is further from the choice.

softy claimes 2011 was an outlier season.

Many of us stated that it was not likely he'd ever repeat his 2011 numbers.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

His career OBP is .350.

softy acted like most of Red Sox Nation felt Jacoby would be the next Teddy Ballgame.

.350 is not far from .340.  Ellsbury doesn't have much if any more power than Crisp.  Other than 2011, he's never come close to 15 HRs.  I agree with you on defense and CS ratio.  But after 2011, I said we had to trade Ellsbury high.  I was eviscerated by posters who thought Ellsbury was not only the best player on the team, but one of the top 10 in all of baseball.  I think your prediction was .860 OPS with 20-25 HRs going forward.

Now his Sox career is drawing to a close.  He has been somewhat better than what Softy predicted, but all in all Softy's pessimism was far closer to reality than what most here wanted to believe.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

His career OBP is .350.

.350 is not far from .340.  Ellsbury doesn't have much if any more power than Crisp.  Other than 2011, he's never come close to 15 HRs.  I agree with you on defense and CS ratio.  But after 2011, I said we had to trade Ellsbury high.  I was eviscerated by posters who thought Ellsbury was not only the best player on the team, but one of the top 10 in all of baseball.  I think your prediction was .860 OPS with 20-25 HRs going forward.

Now his Sox career is drawing to a close.  He has been somewhat better than what Softy predicted, but all in all Softy's pessimism was far closer to reality than what most here wanted to believe.

Please, don't be like softy. What he did concerning Ellsbury was take one extreme, over-the-top statement in which someone (not a poster; it might have been Johnny Pesky) said Ellsbury would be as good as Ted Williams then that's how all Ellsbury supports felt then used that a measuring stick to disparage Ellsbury.

Ellsbury has always been better and became better than softy's view. He never became the players softy said his supporters thought he'd be, but no one -- except for that one statement -- ever felt he'd be that kind of player.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Hey Bill, remember when you said that watching young men play baseball this time of year 'steals your hear'??  AWWWKWARRRRRD..........   

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to royf19's comment:

[QUOTE]

His career OBP is .350.

Please, don't be like softy. What he did concerning Ellsbury was take one extreme, over-the-top statement in which someone (not a poster; it might have been Johnny Pesky) said Ellsbury would be as good as Ted Williams then that's how all Ellsbury supports felt then used that a measuring stick to disparage Ellsbury.

Ellsbury has always been better and became better than softy's view. He never became the players softy said his supporters thought he'd be, but no one -- except for that one statement -- ever felt he'd be that kind of player.

[/QUOTE]

Ellsbury is a very good player. I have yet to see anyone ( other than the water logged Bonds ) come close to matching Teddy Ballgame. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

In response to royf19's comment:

[QUOTE]

His career OBP is .350.

[/QUOTE]

No, but most thought 2011 would be the new norm.  Even those who tapered their expectations predicted far better than what we have seen the past two years.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts