Some of these current Interleague series feature odd matchups...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Some of these current Interleague series feature odd matchups...

Dodgers @ White Sox
    Braves @ Angels
    Astros @ Blue Jays

Weeiiiird.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Re: Some of these current Interleague series feature odd matchups...

in that Dodger/Chisox series...boy,talk about different managerial personalities...Tongue out 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from fizsh. Show fizsh's posts

Why are they weird?  How is Dodgers/White Sox any weirder than Dodgers/Cubs or Angles/White Sox? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

In Response to Re: Some of these current Interleague series feature odd matchups...:
    [QUOTE]Why are they weird?  How is Dodgers/White Sox any weirder than Dodgers/Cubs or Angles/White Sox? 
    Posted by fizsh[/QUOTE]

Hmm I don't know... maybe because the Dodgers and Cubs are in the NL and play multiple times every year whereas the Dodgers and White Sox have played maybe 5-6 times ever?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fizsh. Show fizsh's posts

So then you feel Cubs/Red Sox is weird as well, correct?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

In Response to Re: Some of these current Interleague series feature odd matchups...:
    [QUOTE]So then you feel Cubs/Red Sox is weird as well, correct?
    Posted by fizsh[/QUOTE]

Weird but not as weird because it's 2 storied franchises.  Some of these other matchups seem more random.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

You have to like Mets vs Yankees.  What a great matchup this is and not much traveling involved for the fans of either team.  If I lived in NY, I would want to attend the game. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from fizsh. Show fizsh's posts

Well, they have a rotation (except for the "natural rivalries"), so these have to come up sometimes.  To me it is just another scheduled game.  Some of the "natrual rivals" are weird.  Boston/Philly?  Boston/Atlanta at least had a little basis for it.  Seattle/San Diego?  The best reason I can come up for that one is they share Peoria in spring training.  I don't know who they have as the "natural rivals" of the Tigers, Twins, Rockies etc.  I don't pay THAT much attention to other teams schedules year to year to know that.  But to me, if they did away with the rivals thing (which they won't because the NY/NY and LA/LA bring in a bunch of fans) then they could rotate the matchups more evenly.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Susan, it would also depend on how you chose to get there, never again will i drive to CitiField or the Stadium...the BQE is a  nightmare during the week, even worse AFTER the game,subway is still the best way to go..it's funny watching  Mets fans on the 4 train...Tongue out

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Susan, it would also depend on how you chose to get there, never again will i drive to CitiField or the Stadium...the BQE is a  nightmare during the week, even worse AFTER the game,subway is still the best way to go..it's funny watching  Mets fans on the 4 train...
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

I am sure that you are right about the treveling.  I just hope to travel to NY soon to see the new Yankee Stadium and watch a Red Sox/Yankees game.  Just not sure when this happen, but hopefully, in the next couple of years.