Some Possible Higher Salary Players Possibly Available This Winter Via Trade

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

Re: Some Possible Higher Salary Players Possibly Available This Winter Via Trade

In Response to Re: Some Possible Higher Salary Players Possibly Available This Winter Via Trade:
    Nice post as always Moonmeister. Kinda funny listening to the thoughts folks have. Many assume we are now the Kansas City Royals and will be relegated,like them, to playing only youth and dirt cheap free agents. We are a top 5 team in baseball guys, with the highest ticket prices of anyone. We are enormously WEALTHY, and should conduct ourselves accordingly. Spending money is NOT the problem. The problem was Theo spent too much on the WRONG people. He treated Beckett like a true #1 when he's certainly a nice 2-3. I don't fault him for the trade to get him, only for the decision to resign him for 4 yrs after a spotty performance here. He paid Crawford like he was Barry Bonds in his prime-and he simply wasn't. Nobody could have predicted Gonzo's power outtage, though I didn't like the medical reports re: the shoulder when we signed him. It was a risky move that may or may not have panned out, but he had to go once he joined the mutineers. I certainly hope the Red Sox rebuild in a forceful and calculated way. Spend and spend big, but do so wisely! Pay attention to those Tampa Bay Rays and start to emulate them. Kick that crazy wench Carmen to the curb once and for all! She was overated at the beginning, and has been disastrous of late. Moneyball is here to stay, but it's limitations and weaknesses have surely been on display the past several seasons. It's time to have human reason oversee the 0's and 1's. We have the resources to dominate this off season, and we desperately need to do just that. We should be aggressive, just like the large market team that we are. Anything less would be an insult to the Nations fanbase, and would deserve the harshest of rebukes. Most of us gave Henry+the boys a pass for this year, understanding the terrible condition we were in. No such pass will be issued for next season. The time for excuses is now over. The time to rebuild this teams glory is upon us.
    Posted by Teakus

But what if 25 more players go onto the DL next year and weaken our offense, defense, and baserunning. What if Lester and Bucholz have off years? What if Papi is signed and the achillies acts up again. What if a good offense is sporadic / inconsistent. What if Bailey loses it like Bard did? Won't those happenings qualify as excuses? What if the resy of the league improves more than we do?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

Re: Some Possible Higher Salary Players Possibly Available This Winter Via Trade

The only fraud around here, is you, Softbrain.
    You run your fat mouth off constantly, with so little knowledge of what you're saying.
    "Empty barrels make the most noise" , should be your motto.
    And I doubt you'd have the balls to say anything to a player's face.
    Another coward hiding behind a keyboard.
    You're so pathologically jealous of players and the money and attention they have.
    You're a pathetic little drone. Just disappear.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

Hopefully the new BDC will be able to eliminate posts about politics.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

Wow, talk about getting derailed.
    What the hell does the plight of the Red Sox have to do with Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid?
    What an idiot.
    I'm a card carrying RNC member, and I still find Softy's drek offensive.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to Some Possible Higher Salary Players Possibly Available This Winter Via Trade:

The only fraud around here, is you, Softbrain.
    You run your fat mouth off constantly, with so little knowledge of what you're saying.
    "Empty barrels make the most noise" , should be your motto.
    And I doubt you'd have the balls to say anything to a player's face.
    Another coward hiding behind a keyboard.
    You're so pathologically jealous of players and the money and attention they have.
    You're a pathetic little drone. Just disappear.

Please heed your own advice ... this forum should be a place for civil discussion.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In response to Some Possible Higher Salary Players Possibly Available This Winter Via Trade:

In Response to Re: Some Possible Higher Salary Players Possibly Available This Winter Via Trade:

Not one name you listed would I be interested in, with possible exception of Colorado's Carlos Gonzalez....but even then , LOT of moolah.
    Posted by jimedfred
    I'd be interested in anyone good for 2 or 3 years. Nothing longer than that though. The only guy worth a longterm deal in MLB right now outside of the King just flew to LA. BTW, I finally found Laphroiag at one of my neighborhood delis. Good stuff.

Carnie, are you channeling Henry or waht?   Ha!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

NO

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

Didn't know we were at the UN, I thought it was a sports forum.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

But what if 25 more players go onto the DL next year and weaken our offense, defense, and baserunning. What if Lester and Bucholz have off years? What if Papi is signed and the achillies acts up again. What if a good offense is sporadic / inconsistent. What if Bailey loses it like Bard did? Won't those happenings qualify as excuses? What if the resy of the league improves more than we do?

[/QUOTE]

We'll hear the same things we are hearing now.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealPedroCiriaco. Show TheRealPedroCiriaco's posts

Trade the farm for Tulowitzki and Gonzalez.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Trade the farm for Tulowitzki and Gonzalez.

It might take "the whole" farm.

Sections
Shortcuts